Did you Know?

Did you Know?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Sep 22

@Ponderable

Thanks for your contribution Pondy.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Sep 22

https://www.didyouknowdaily.com/story/bowery

This NYC neighborhood was better known as "Satan's Highway". What did tourists flock to see in the area that had once rivaled Fifth Avenue?

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
23 Sep 22

https://www.didyouknowdaily.com/story/kevin-hines

In 2000, this man leapt from the Golden Gate Bridge. His life was saved in the most extraordinary way.

-VR

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Sep 22
1 edit

Did you know…

The universe has always been expanding at an accelerating rate. It is now expanding so fast that light leaving leaving the most distant stars will never be able to reach us because they are moving away from us faster than light travels which is 186,000 miles per second.

Eventually all stars will be moving away from us faster than the speed of light and the universe will be completely dark and we will be completely alone in complete darkness.

Completely…

Gothenburg

Moves
24 Sep 22

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karlatornet

The highest building in Sweden is now under construction in Gothenburg.

Gothenburg

Moves
24 Sep 22

@divegeester said
Did you know…

The universe has always been expanding at an accelerating rate. It is now expanding so fast that light leaving leaving the most distant stars will never be able to reach us because they are moving away from us faster than light travels which is 186,000 miles per second.

Eventually all stars will be moving away from us faster than the speed of light an ...[text shortened]... niverse will be completely dark and we will be completely alone in complete darkness.

Completely…
Everything can happen in universe, nobody knows.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Sep 22

@torunn said
Everything can happen in universe, nobody knows.
The info I posted is scientific fact 🙂

Gothenburg

Moves
24 Sep 22

@divegeester said
The info I posted is scientific fact 🙂
We are presented a lot of facts about the universe, but they change, don't they. New discoveries.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Sep 22

@torunn said
We are presented a lot of facts about the universe, but they change, don't they. New discoveries.
Indeed some things are new discoveries; however the expansion of the universe, it’s rate of increasing acceleration and the speed of light are measurable and factual. As is the inevitable final state.

Moves
24 Sep 22

Gothenburg

Moves
24 Sep 22

@divegeester said
Indeed some things are new discoveries; however the expansion of the universe, it’s rate of increasing acceleration and the speed of light are measurable and factual. As is the inevitable final state.
I believe you, thanks. 🙂

Gothenburg

Moves
24 Sep 22

@divegeester said
There are several universes I understand. Enlighten me please.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Sep 22

@torunn said
There are several universes I understand. Enlighten me please.
Multiverse theories.
Some propose an infinite number of universes, I don’t understand it at all and none of it is proven.

Gothenburg

Moves
24 Sep 22

@divegeester said
Multiverse theories.
Some propose an infinite number of universes, I don’t understand it at all and none of it is proven.
Infinite number of universes would mean eternity, wouldn't it?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Sep 22
1 edit

@torunn said
Infinite number of universes would mean eternity, wouldn't it?
If eternity is the never-ending extension of time, then I suppose we will have that in our own universe, if it goes on expanding forever.

We will have to wait and see 😄