Check mate in one move.

Check mate in one move.

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lt.

Los Angeles

Moves
20 Mar 15

Why oh why? Some opponents with only one legal move then checkmate just don't resign and move on. No, they just sit there letting their time run out. Me, I write, " You got me, well played, damn etc." Just blowing off steam here.

Moves
20 Mar 15

Originally posted by taipei5200
Why oh why? Some opponents with only one legal move then checkmate just don't resign and move on. No, they just sit there letting their time run out. Me, I write, " You got me, well played, damn etc." Just blowing off steam here.
They're pouty and forget that it's just a game.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 Mar 15

I like to make my opponent wait for his/her victory. Is this wrong? 😛

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Mar 15

The game is won, either way, no?

What's the difference if you get the win now or three days from now?

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
20 Mar 15

I'm guessing they are hopping you will croak and time out while they are procrastinating their inevitable loss. They might try to get you angry enough in hopes you will resign. Laughable, but I have seen it happen.

Personally, I don't want to have to think about lost games anymore and prefer to move on.

Having said that..."All's fair in love and war , loser." Bowmann

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
21 Mar 15

I hated that when I first joined RHP. The main reason was that as a non-sub, I only had six games and those players were just denying my opportunity to have other games. I even asked gregsflat why he did that to me back then and gregsflat answered that he was on the verge of an all time high rating, so he didn't want to lose those points. Ah, well then, so artificially inflating a rating is a good reason! Perfect sense. So, I joined.

Now I love it when a player is losing on the next move and freezes, apparently hoping that I will die before the clock runs out. Very good. Enjoy every second of the clock ticking down. Yes, turn it around. Make it a pleasure source.

Alas, this stinks globally, however, when it applies to tournaments. Then it is just hanging up many players from enjoying this site. Alas, it's the rules. There's nothing to be done about it.

Lt.

Los Angeles

Moves
22 Mar 15

Thank you coquette..and you have been avoiding me!

Moves
22 Mar 15

They do it because it makes you feel like you do now and gives them a perverted sense of revenge which brightens up their tiny little world.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
22 Mar 15

Thank you coquette..and you have been avoiding me!
Not at all. I've never turned down a challenge from you.

Moves
22 Mar 15

Under the circumstance you describe you should be able to set up a conditional move.

Moves
13 Apr 15

Hmm... I've seen it happen but it hasn't bothered me. 230 games keep me busy enough. I suspect I unintentionally do the same thing, since on many days I sort my games by least time remaining, which puts the 21/21 tournaments way behind. Also I tend to not resign easily, I think it's gentlemanly to allow my opponent every extra opportunity to screw up, or perhaps walk into a stalemate. There have been many games where I drank and lost a queen/rook/both rooks, and then 20 stubborn moves later legitimately win anyway. So if I'm resigning, it's probably on the very last move.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

I have very little experience of being one move away from giving checkmate but ~ if the moment were prolonged a bit ~ wouldn't it be a bit like that tantric sex and delayed orgasms that Sting used to go on about?

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
13 Apr 15

Relax, don't do it, when you want to come.