charity

charity

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Dec 18

every year I pick a charity to donate to last year it was the sally army but recently they have been getting bad press, so I chose the great north air ambulance, who will you donate to or not and why?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Dec 18

@badradger
I have donated to our local NPR station, can't afford much but I think they need to be supported.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Dec 18

@sonhouse said
@badradger
I have donated to our local NPR station, can't afford much but I think they need to be supported.
NPR ?

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
01 Dec 18

monthly, only a pittance, but something, on a rotating basis,
planned parenthood
aclu
national parks
splc
local senior citizens club

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Dec 18

Donating to a charity is one way to show love for our neighbors. An even more personal way is to donate time to those organizations that help others every day. Choose wisely.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Dec 18
1 edit

Also, the word most often translated as "charity" in the King James Version of the New Testament is translated as "love" in the New International Version.

Clearly, charity is love.

Moves
02 Dec 18

I used to volunteer at a local Community Health Center. But, I've become rather lazy these past two years.
I listen to NPR almost exclusively when traveling. So I agree Sonhouse, they're deserving of a few shekels.

(NPR - National Public Radio: I believe they're the most objective news source still to be found in the U.S.)

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
02 Dec 18

I give to a couple. Sponsoring a puppy to be trained as a guide dog for the blind is a favourite as I get emails with video pupdates and get to find out about who has been given the guide dog.

I’ve also set up a walking group in my community. There are now 5 of us regularly covering 2 evenings a week but we’re expecting more interest once the winter is over. I’m hoping that more local people will join us to improve their physical and mental health or make new friends. In the spring we’ll get a poster put up in our GP surgery.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
03 Dec 18

@badradger said
every year I pick a charity to donate to last year it was the sally army but recently they have been getting bad press, so I chose the great north air ambulance, who will you donate to or not and why?
I never say who I am donating to or how many charity's as I consider it bragging.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
03 Dec 18

I give monthly to different organisations. I'm not sure how much actually ends up where it should, but if I give nothing, nothing will.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
03 Dec 18

monthly
St Judes
ASPCA

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Dec 18

@badradger said
I'm not contributing. my flat burned down 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
04 Dec 18

@karoly-aczel said
I'm not contributing. my flat burned down 🙂
Becareful what you joke about!

-VR

Ol' Dirty Heathen

I'm Naked!

Moves
04 Dec 18
1 edit

@sonhouse
I love NPR.

We support the local veterinary efforts for spaying feral cats and donate goods medicines as well as a little cash for homeless pets.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Dec 18

@badradger
National Public Radio.