Catcalling

Catcalling

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
03 Nov 14

Originally posted by Seitse
Liar!

Catcalling is "chivalrous" when the dude is a catch.

But if he's broke, ugly, or a minority, then you get
that nauseating video. Let me guess: you read Salon,
right?
"Catcalling is "chivalrous" when the dude is a catch."

Catcalling automatically neuters a dude's catchiness. He'll be a catch that strays.

What I notice is that women in public, waiting in line, as in a market, or on public transit, will rarely make eye contact. As I get older, I think I'm "safer" because women are more open to idle conversation with me. Of course I'm not on the prowl. I suppose that shows.

Read a book!

Moves
03 Nov 14

Originally posted by cashthetrash
You're kidding. Well that just took the fun out of living.
Yes, I'm kidding. But don't go running up to New York to celebrate.

Read a book!

Moves
03 Nov 14

Originally posted by JS357
"Catcalling is "chivalrous" when the dude is a catch."

Catcalling automatically neuters a dude's catchiness. He'll be a catch that strays.

What I notice is that women in public, waiting in line, as in a market, or on public transit, will rarely make eye contact. As I get older, I think I'm "safer" because women are more open to idle conversation with me. Of course I'm not on the prowl. I suppose that shows.
It is possible to be older and still on the prowl.

Moves
03 Nov 14
1 edit

Originally posted by HandyAndy
It is possible to be older and still on the prowl.
You're right. But there was an older manager in my company who was beloved by the young women. I once said to him jokingly, why he got the hugs and I didn't. His reply was, "You're still dangerous."

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
03 Nov 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Your semantics make no sense at all . And I'll thank you to stop putting words in my mouth dude. If you choose to be a prude...well fine be one but stop tying to speak for all women. You are not going to turn all women into prudes because you chose to be one. And your not going to bully men into stop flirting with women because some man pissed you off one day 50 years ago and you can't get over it.

D

Moves
03 Nov 14

D

Moves
03 Nov 14
2 edits

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
03 Nov 14

Someone needs to unknot her knickers. 😞

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
03 Nov 14

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
she do seem to get hot when ya get the fire stoked...

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
03 Nov 14

So by your constant ranting and sexual frustrations we can all safely assume you are still a virgin.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
03 Nov 14

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
I feel a bit sorry for her. i know she is not getting any. She might want to slow down and take a breath before getting to wound up over nothing. She hates me she hates me not. Ahhh the simple pleasures of life.

D

Moves
03 Nov 14

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Nov 14
1 edit

Originally posted by cashthetrash
Why do some women consider complementary catcalls as harassment? Most guys would be perfectly happy with just a smile or friendly acknowledgement of some kind. I say for the most part it's women who turn it into something it's not meant to be by their unfriendly stiffness. Well in the South that is...not sure about New York.
I feel I must say now that this is not meant just for cash, but to every man in this thread. I just responded to this post because in it is the question I wish to address.

-----

It's also hard for predators to understand why the prey is so jumpy they run away at the slightest sound.

Men are the most dangerous gender in every society on the planet. Their hormones make them the hunter, the predator. Women's hormones make them the hunted, the preyed upon. They are generally weaker, and usually unable to protect themselves, especially against stronger men. And when you're 5'3" in your bare feet, every man is stronger than you.

It's fear, straight up. Out on the street, you could be accosted by literally anybody. You don't know who they are, you don't even know if they're sane or not. I don't care if 'most' men 'don't mean it that way'. Women can't take the risk that they might. And men themselves don't make it any easier for women to feel at ease in these 'catcalling' situations. And it's even worse for those women out there who have been raped, or even those who have almost been raped. The fear turns to terror. The natural reaction, 'fight or flight' kicks in. Most will pick up their pace a bit to get out of the 'sphere of attention' as quickly as possible. All because we don't know what might happen.

I know it's next to impossible for men to understand the fear, the sheer terror, that settles down in the pit of your stomach when you suddenly find yourself in a situation like this, through no fault of your own, when you suddenly get attention from a group of men. The wide-eyed, 'deer-in-the-headlights' look is not just in the movies, it's real.

Please cut women some slack.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
03 Nov 14

"That's the power of love."
--Huey Lewis (1985)

D

Moves
03 Nov 14