You have to admit....

You have to admit....

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
20 Oct 20

@suzianne said
Why don't you tell us.

Are you going to count the $1.6 million house that Eric Trump said he owns?

That's been debunked. Go on, how many other Republican fairy tales are you going to spew out now?

He bought that 10,000 sq. ft. home in the mid-70s for $185,000. He sold it in Feb. 1996 for $1.2 million. Biden has not served as a Senator since he left to serve as VP ...[text shortened]... -check-biden-no-longer-owns-house-eric-trump-highlighted-online/3703380001/

Now, you were saying?
Biden has not reported the bribe money he received, I think that should be the issue, not how much they have made on speaking, etc. wait!!!!! If I pay Biden $500,000 (Clinton fee) to come talk to my Kiwanis club, what should he do with the money, since it is actually not paid to him, bu to the Vice President of the United States? Really confusing, Suzianne, like your posts. You actually think $1.6 million house of Eric is a big deal? MY house is worth more than that. You need to get up with the real world.

D

Moves
20 Oct 20

@averagejoe1 said
Biden has not reported the bribe money he received, I think that should be the issue, not how much they have made on speaking, etc. wait!!!!! If I pay Biden $500,000 (Clinton fee) to come talk to my Kiwanis club, what should he do with the money, since it is actually not paid to him, bu to the Vice President of the United States? Really confusing, Suzianne, like yo ...[text shortened]... of Eric is a big deal? MY house is worth more than that. You need to get up with the real world.
Biden has done far worse than not report bribe money from China, as Vice President he accepted the bribes with the understanding he would use his influence to soften US foreign policy towards them.
That's not just criminal, it's treason.

Über-Nerd

Moves
21 Oct 20
2 edits

@dood111 said
Biden has done far worse than not report bribe money from China, as Vice President he accepted the bribes with the understanding he would use his influence to soften US foreign policy towards them.
That's not just criminal, it's treason.
OK, let's talk about Trump's financial ties to China, shall we:

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-politics-china-f086bba3b691acdc51535412f77f2c8e

and how President Trump lets himself circumvent a trade war, which he invented to restrict how anyone else can do business with China.

Über-Nerd

Moves
21 Oct 20
2 edits

@averagejoe1 said
So, are you bureaucrats going to set up an agency to pore through all of the assets of the presidents and DECIDE when he is overstepping his bounds? Good luck with that. Be a bit realistic, please. So, should they have turned Ivanka around, or have a bureau employee looking over her shoulder? With power to shut her down? Are you really going to ramble about this ...[text shortened]... Do you know that Joe has been taking cream off the top of Hunter's crap!?!???? Naivete' abounds.
This is really beyond the scope of the thread, but blind trusts are quite common. There is nothing problematic about them. Nearly all Congressmen and many federal appointees have blind trusts. There is no good reason why Trump should not have one (the complexity of his holdings is not a good reason), and compelling reasons why he should. Obama had one.

In answer to your question, who does it: blind trusts are not managed by bureaucrats, they are managed by professional asset managers (not family members!). There are state and federal laws regulating blind trusts. Government officials who have blind trusts must have them approved by the Senate Select Committee on Ethics prior to execution.

For more info:

https://www.annuity.org/retirement/estate-planning/blind-trust/

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2007/03/qa-government-officials-blind/

D

Moves
21 Oct 20

@moonbus said
OK, let's talk about Trump's financial ties to China, shall we:
https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-politics-china-f086bba3b691acdc51535412f77f2c8e
His business in China according to the article took place between 2007 and 2015, after which his business account in China has been inactive.
There is nothing in that article that shows any impropriety by Trump.

Über-Nerd

Moves
22 Oct 20

@dood111 said
His business in China according to the article took place between 2007 and 2015, after which his business account in China has been inactive.
There is nothing in that article that shows any impropriety by Trump.
It is clear that he has maintained his links there and that Ivanka profited from them during his presidency. She walked away with a fistful of Chinese patents.