Wealth Cap?

Wealth Cap?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
16 Jun 21
2 edits

So we live in a world where the rich get richer and the poor stay poor.
So... would you agree that each individual could only make a certain amount of money?
If so...how much?

Once they reach the limit where would you put that extra money?

A billionaire is someone who has a million dollars 1000 times.
What can they buy that a regular millionaire can't?

I think 30 million is the limit.
After that your profits go to society.
Which means you can only have 30 million in assets/property/companies etc...at any one time.

Not 30 million a year that you build up.

30 million total wealth cannot be surpassed.

Moves
16 Jun 21
1 edit

Average Joe thinks the rich would quit being rich or not even try to be successful because they can't keep getting richer 😆

So what!...let them quit.
Plenty of new people will step up and try to reach that limit and live comfortably.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Jun 21

@very-musty said
So we live in a world where the rich get richer and the poor stay poor.
So... would you agree that each individual could only make a certain amount of money?
If so...how much?

Once they reach the limit where would you put that extra money?

A billionaire is someone who has a million dollars 1000 times.
What can they buy that a regular millionaire can't?

I think ...[text shortened]... ne time.

Not 30 million a year that you build up.

30 million total wealth cannot be surpassed.
Does the poor stay poor because opportunities to make money are unavailalel to them? How does capping off wealth help the poor? What can a billionaire buy that a millionaire cannot? The billionaire can buy another company and invest in assets / production out of reach of the millionaire.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
16 Jun 21

@rajk999 said
Does the poor stay poor because opportunities to make money are unavailalel to them? How does capping off wealth help the poor? What can a billionaire buy that a millionaire cannot? The billionaire can buy another company and invest in assets / production out of reach of the millionaire.
The poor stay poor because their expenses are always at the limit of their income and if they cannot pay they end up homeless.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Jun 21

@athousandyoung said
The poor stay poor because their expenses are always at the limit of their income and if they cannot pay they end up homeless.
The point is are opportunities to make money are unavailable to them?

Moves
17 Jun 21

@very-musty said
Average Joe thinks the rich would quit being rich or not even try to be successful because they can't keep getting richer 😆

So what!...let them quit.
Plenty of new people will step up and try to reach that limit and live comfortably.
Dang right. Let 'em quit. Let 'em shut down their auto-manufacturing, steel mills, chain-store conglomerations, etc. Who needs 'em anyway!

The hundreds of thousands of newly unemployed can surely find a way to earn their own 30 Mill without those a**holes.
😠 😠 😠 😠

🤔

😲

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
17 Jun 21

The captains of industry will supply the most jobs and lead in innovations, opening new markets, more jobs.
Taking them out of the equation and thinking replacement people can do the same is both wrong and shortsighted.
Communist countries thought they could steal all the businesses and "just replace the owners". How'd that work?

I think that there should be a cap on stupidity, myself.

Moves
17 Jun 21

@rajk999 said
The point is are opportunities to make money are unavailable to them?
Usually yes because the rich have the capital to create more companies.

Limit them to a max wealth of 30 million and the next guy steps up.

Moves
17 Jun 21

@liljo said
Dang right. Let 'em quit. Let 'em shut down their auto-manufacturing, steel mills, chain-store conglomerations, etc. Who needs 'em anyway!

The hundreds of thousands of newly unemployed can surely find a way to earn their own 30 Mill without those a**holes.
😠 😠 😠 😠

🤔

😲
Commerce happens in every society.

No matter how bad it is or gets... commerce happens.

So a plant shuts down? Big deal...

Others will start it back up.

An example...

A fishing boat that provides fish for a town quits...

Do you think people will sit and starve or will someone decide to bring in the fish?

If the liquor store quits because of a wealth cap I will make hooch and it will sell.

Commerce always happens.

Moves
17 Jun 21

@earl-of-trumps said
The captains of industry will supply the most jobs and lead in innovations, opening new markets, more jobs.
Taking them out of the equation and thinking replacement people can do the same is both wrong and shortsighted.
Communist countries thought they could steal all the businesses and "just replace the owners". How'd that work?

Those "captains" are incorporating job cutting policies with automation so they make more money.

No damn company owner needs millions a year sitting on his ass.

I will outwork all of them.

It's greed really. They don't help people.

Moves
17 Jun 21
1 edit

Create jobs.

Nobody needs more than 30 million.
Once you hit that limit the REAL workers get the profits.

Thus...many people enjoy wealth...not just a few ugly dudes who had some capital to invest with.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Jun 21

@earl-of-trumps said

Right wingers are such servile bootlickers.

The idea that the rest of us would be utterly helpless without the rich to rule over us economically and politically is ridiculous.

Moves
17 Jun 21
1 edit

@no1marauder said
Right wingers are such servile bootlickers.

The idea that the rest of us would be utterly helpless without the rich to rule over us economically and politically is ridiculous.
Exactly. 👍

I don't agree with left wingers though...

I'm more of an anti rich...one country one race kinda guy.

Moves
17 Jun 21

@very-musty said
Commerce happens in every society.

No matter how bad it is or gets... commerce happens.

So a plant shuts down? Big deal...

Others will start it back up.

An example...

A fishing boat that provides fish for a town quits...

Do you think people will sit and starve or will someone decide to bring in the fish?

If the liquor store quits because of a wealth cap I will make hooch and it will sell.

Commerce always happens.
There is truth in what your saying. No matter how bad it gets (and it will get bad), there will always be commerce. Long as the guy that owns the fishing boat doesn't take it with him when he quits. And I come from a L-O-N-G line of moonshiners, so I know all about makin' The Medicine.

But, like the song Copperhead Road says, some of my uncles came home from Vietnam with A Brand New Plan...

Moves
17 Jun 21

@Liljo

Great song.
Love Steve Earle 😉

Haven't heard that in over 20 years.