Tyson Foods Hires 42,000 Asylum Seekers

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
53d

@earl-of-trumps said

Thank you, democrats, one and all, for making slave labor all the rage again.
Tell it to the libertarians opposing an enforceable minimum wage, libertarian economics is based on an acceptance of whatever the free market demands, including modern day slave labour.
In short make these companies pay a decent minimum wage, Bernie Sanders has a figure in mind

Lake Como

Moves
53d

@kevcvs57 said
Tell it to the libertarians opposing an enforceable minimum wage, libertarian economics is based on an acceptance of whatever the free market demands, including modern day slave labour.
In short make these companies pay a decent minimum wage, Bernie Sanders has a figure in mind
Finally, a Bernie follower who knows what Bernnie considers a proper wage. Why do you keep us in suspense? Please divulge.

Moves
53d
1 edit

@wildgrass said
LOL do you know how surveys work?
LOL yes I do. do you?
A “select” number of people are asked question. They may or may not tell the truth. There is nothing making this small group example apply to the whole.

Maybe you should stop making unsupported claims.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
53d

@averagejoe1 said
Finally, a Bernie follower who knows what Bernnie considers a proper wage. Why do you keep us in suspense? Please divulge.
That’s an opening gambit if you’re not making 💩 up again dummy but he does want a higher minimum wage than you have at the moment.
I sounds like this thread is highlighting why corporations cannot be trusted and must be subject to employment law and minimum standards of pay and conditions

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
53d

@kevcvs57
Right wingers think corporations are all altruistic and only have the employees welfare at the top of their list. They would NEVER employ children in the meat butchering industry for instance......

w

Moves
53d

@mott-the-hoople said
LOL yes I do. do you?
A “select” number of people are asked question. They may or may not tell the truth. There is nothing making this small group example apply to the whole.

Maybe you should stop making unsupported claims.
Facepalm. Have you ever been fishing? When you catch a fish, do you tell your buddies it's the only fish in the sea?

Lol.

Moves
53d

@wildgrass said
Facepalm. Have you ever been fishing? When you catch a fish, do you tell your buddies it's the only fish in the sea?

Lol.
Doesn’t even make sense

Lake Como

Moves
53d

@mott-the-hoople said
Doesn’t even make sense
Give this fish a little line..................

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
53d

@mott-the-hoople said
Doesn’t even make sense
Stupid people spend their entire lives saying this.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
50d

@Suzianne
Especially when they are looking at themselves in a mirror.

Lake Como

Moves
50d

@kevcvs57 said
I sounds like this thread is highlighting why corporations cannot be trusted and must be subject to employment law and minimum standards of pay and conditions
Turkey, corporations are subject to laws of employment and minimum standards and conditions. You just wasted my typing , thanks a lot. Even Suzianne knows that.
Were you just telling us something that is already written in stone?
And aren't you one of those people who rages about living wage but never divulges the formula?? Tell us what it is so that we can write about it. I will be your first responder!!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
49d
1 edit

@AverageJoe1
Hey, tell us WHY corps have to abide by minimum standards, which BTW some of them ignore, like slaughter houses employing 11 year old kids which they just got a huge fine for ignoring child labor laws.
Come on, tell us WHY big corps have minimum standards.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2023/feb/17/[WORD TOO LONG].

Lake Como

Moves
49d

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
Hey, tell us WHY corps have to abide by minimum standards, which BTW some of them ignore, like slaughter houses employing 11 year old kids which they just got a huge fine for ignoring child labor laws.
Come on, tell us WHY big corps have minimum standards.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2023/feb/17/[WORD TOO LONG].
Why would I enter a discussion about common sense? We all know why. Whew. We also know that if someone breaks hiring laws (11-yr olds) they must be punished and fined.
I learn NUUUUTH-THING!!!!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
47d

@AverageJoe1
And 200 years ago YOU would have been using children in your mines and reveling in the money coming in off the backs of 10 year old children.

w

Moves
45d

@mott-the-hoople said
Doesn’t even make sense
... Because you don't understand how surveys work.