1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 06:45
    @averagejoe1 said
    No,, no no......he is Trump, he is a cross between no one. U fellers are missing it. And, I am afraid you missed that train I have talked about. Do you think it is time to take our money off the table, what do you think? Even Pinterest went down a bunch today. Dont libs use Pinterest a lot? I have made money off of Pinterest stock,,,,but not today. Do you think we take our money off the table??? Help!!
    It would be enough if you just stop telling lies.
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 11:371 edit
    @shavixmir said
    That would be a first. The extreme right aren’t known for their sense of humor.

And that’s actually got nothing to do with right-wing politics. It’s about fundamentalism.

Extremists are generally fundamentalist in their core belief systems. So they cling to literal wording, rather than figurative interpretations.

And that just isn’t funny. Unless you’re laughing a ...[text shortened]... k-job theories, glued together by paranoia.

It’s entertainment Jim, but not as Seinfeld intended.
    I think, Jim, that he is saying, dancing around a bit of paradigm, that real humor is the use of profanity and of mis-spelled curse words and body-part words, together with manifestations and implementations thereof.
    I do agree with him that there is a 'storm of non-humor', as evidenced by his rabble carrying signs in the street telling people what they think, and what they want the readers of the signs to, by god, do.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 16:29
    @averagejoe1 said
    I think, Jim, that he is saying, dancing around a bit of paradigm, that real humor is the use of profanity and of mis-spelled curse words and body-part words, together with manifestations and implementations thereof.
    I do agree with him that there is a 'storm of non-humor', as evidenced by his rabble carrying signs in the street telling people what they think, and what they want the readers of the signs to, by god, do.
    Storming the Capitol.

Storming the Alamo.

Yup, I can almost see the analogy.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 17:50
    @suzianne said
    Sorry, but shallow is as deep as the right gets.
    Oi! I'll have you know that they do not reach the exalted level of Shallowness, thank you very much!
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 17:52
    @athousandyoung said
    He's that Cheeto guy who is like a cross between Nixon and Carter
    He's as far from Carter as you can get.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 18:121 edit
    @AverageJoe1
    So will you continue to think Trump is your god king after he is convicted for tax fraud? It's a bit different now that Barr is not acting as Trump's personal attorney.
    Now the Justice department is independent from Biden, a refreshing change over the past 5 years. Garland send a letter explicitly pointing out he will be independent and non-partisan.
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 21:00
    @moonbus said
    Storming the Capitol.

Storming the Alamo.

Yup, I can almost see the analogy.
    I havent paid attention to Jan 6. Tell me, was it only conservatives and Republicans?
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 21:23
    @averagejoe1 said
    I havent paid attention to Jan 6. Tell me, was it only conservatives and Republicans?
    It was a bunch of people protesting that the election was fraudulent.
    You can draw your own conclusions.

It wasn't tourists.
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 21:34
    @mghrn55 said
    It was a bunch of people protesting that the election was fraudulent.
    You can draw your own conclusions.

It wasn't tourists.
    So you are saying that we do not have to follow the conclusions of the people that we disagree with on this thread? I thought that libs demand that.
    OK. My own conclusion is that it was 50/50, and that not all of them were there for the reasons you state. I think it was a party of sorts. So that does it for me, a tremendous waste of time and money......and, even it they find something, so what? And they have identified all of the bad people, they will be punished, and that is a proper ending, do you not think? So what in he hell are you fellers going on about? Do you know your president has dementia, he is not long for the office? What do you think about that??
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 21:42
    @averagejoe1 said
    So you are saying that we do not have to follow the conclusions of the people that we disagree with on this thread? I thought that libs demand that.
    OK. My own conclusion is that it was 50/50, and that not all of them were there for the reasons you state. I think it was a party of sorts. So that does it for me, a tremendous waste of time and money......and, even it ...[text shortened]... ou know your president has dementia, he is not long for the office? What do you think about that??
    I think the loser of an election encouraging a mob to attack the Capitol in order to stop the Constitutional process of certifying the election is a more serious matter than your fact free claims about Biden.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 22:02
    @no1marauder said
    I think the loser of an election encouraging a mob to attack the Capitol in order to stop the Constitutional process of certifying the election is a more serious matter than your fact free claims about Biden.
    No no no, it has never been officially concluded that Trump 'encouraged' it. Look at his words. Man, you kids can misinterpret if I throw a bone out in the yard for my dog. Jesus. He did not do what you say he did. I hate it for you, this is why you wet your beds, he never quuuiiiiiiittte does something that is as bad as you want it to be.
  12. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 22:08
    @averagejoe1 said
    OK. My own conclusion is that it was 50/50, and that not all of them were there for the reasons you state. I think it was a party of sorts. So that does it for me, a tremendous waste of time and money......and, even it ...[text shortened]... ou know your president has dementia, he is not long for the office? What do you think about that??
    No. I am saying that it was a bunch of people protesting an election.
    Your conclusion is yours. And it can be taken in this forum at face value.
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 22:101 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    No no no, it has never been officially concluded that Trump 'encouraged' it. Look at his words. Man, you kids can misinterpret if I throw a bone out in the yard for my dog. Jesus. He did not do what you say he did. I hate it for you, this is why you wet your beds, he never quuuiiiiiiittte does something that is as bad as you want it to be.
    Well.....now that you bring your dog into this...
    You don't recognize what a dog whistle is ?

What Trump did that day was a dog whistle to the extreme.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 22:12
    @averagejoe1 said
    I did "look at his words" and I'm equally sure you never did.

The mob did exactly what he wanted them to.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 22:53
    @averagejoe1 said
    You are quite right that it has not been officially concluded that Trump encouraged an assault on the Capitol.

Why has it not been officially concluded, you may well ask, but since you didn't I'm asking for you.

It has not been officially concluded because it has not been officially investigated.

Why has it not been officially investigated, you may well ask, but since you didn't I'm asking for you.

It has not been officially investigated because Congressional Republicans don't want it officially investigated and scuppered the committee set up to investigate it.

Why don't Congressional Republicans want it investigated you may well ask, but since you didn't I'm asking for you.

Congressional Republicans don't want it investigated because some of them are implicated in the assault. Trump was telephoning with some of them inside the Capitol building, trying to convince them to reject the result, even as Capitol police were fighting and dying to prevent the mob from hanging Mike Pence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree