Trump pardons sherrife that arrested drug dealers

Trump pardons sherrife that arrested drug dealers

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
27 Aug 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @finnegan
I gave you an example of excessively harsh sentence for possessing marijuana. That excessive sentence is not explicable by looking into the life history of the Black victim. It requires you to look into the life history of the White judge and the system that imposed such an excessive penalty.

Drug culture in Black communities is not necessarily much ...[text shortened]... ump? Bannon? Pence??

I do not have to convince you. I simply have to state my disagreement.
There is evidence for racial bigotry, don't get me wrong, but proving that these numbers are a result of such bigotry is another thing altogether.

Although I'm convinced that racists and bigots lurk in the shadows, because they have always been there and always be there, I remain unconvinced that it is institutionalized to the point of being the cause of all of these blacks being thrown into prison.

There remains I think more evidence for people being treated differently under the law because of your bank account and not your race. Just ask Michael Jackson or OJ Simpson about that. They beat the wrap because they had the cash. The bottom line is, whites tend to be more socioeconomically affluent verses their minority peers and, as a result, tend to live in areas with less crime and have better access to legal council.

w

Moves
27 Aug 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
Arpaio was convicted for that very thing, whodey. No doubt you believe that it was just a crusade of a leftist judiciary.
When I see Obama passing Executive Orders to limit or forbid immigration from Muslim countries go unchallenged and then see the courts strike down Trump doing the EXACT SAME THING, my only conclusion is there is indeed a leftist judicial Crusade.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
27 Aug 17

Originally posted by @whodey
There is evidence for racial bigotry, don't get me wrong, but proving that these numbers are a result of such bigotry is another thing altogether.

Although I'm convinced that racists and bigots lurk in the shadows, because they have always been there and always be there, I remain unconvinced that it is institutionalized to the point of being the cause o ...[text shortened]... and, as a result, tend to live in areas with less crime and have better access to legal council.
Yes. That's called instititionalized racism.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
27 Aug 17

Although I'm convinced that racists and bigots lurk in the shadows, because they have always been there and always be there, I remain unconvinced that it is institutionalized to the point of being the cause o ...[text shortened]... and, as a result, tend to live in areas with less crime and have better access to legal council.
Racists do not lurk in any shadows. They occupy the White House. They march the streets with bright regalia. They sit on court benches and sentence Black men with overt injustice. They wear police uniforms and shoot Black men with impunity.

You are unconvinced because you choose not to be convinced.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
27 Aug 17
1 edit

...You are unconvinced because you choose not to be convinced.
He actually lives in the US too.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Aug 17

So the only answer is racism?

So law enforcement and the judicial system is racist?
Are you that dense you can't see it IS racist? What was it about the statistics about jails you don't understand? You think blacks are just 5 times more inclined to criminal behavior?

E

Moves
27 Aug 17

Originally posted by @sonhouse
Are you that dense you can't see it IS racist? What was it about the statistics about jails you don't understand? You think blacks are just 5 times more inclined to criminal behavior?
Low IQ and jail time have a direct correlation.

Instead of just looking at skin color, we need to look at the induvidual.

Of course cultural values also result in jail time. How many Amish end up in jails? I'm sure it happens, just not as often as most whites who grow up in poverty.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Aug 17
1 edit

So all those statistics are because blacks are poor? There is ZERO connection between racism and the few who are rich enough to evade justice. For every Bill Cosby there are a thousand regular people convicted because they are black. You probably never heard the term DWB, a condition called Driving While Black. You figure all those blacks who got killed when unarmed, shot 14 times by cops is NOT racism? One the public record, there is only one white killed by cops, a lady whose house was burglarized and called the cops
and approached a cop car with nothing in her hands but made a move, like slapping the top of the car, and the cop in the back seat shot and killed her.

For every incident like that against whites, there are a hundred against blacks. You are too blind to see it, or you are just a racist yourself and don't give a damn.

Then the cops pull the 'I was afraid for my life' card and get off scot free. That's ok with you clearly.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
27 Aug 17

Originally posted by @eladar
Low IQ and jail time have a direct correlation.

Instead of just looking at skin color, we need to look at the induvidual.

Of course cultural values also result in jail time. How many Amish end up in jails? I'm sure it happens, just not as often as most whites who grow up in poverty.
You really are a leaky bumhole.
and that's just your intelligence I'm referring to.

Funny how if you rob a liquor store you get a jail sentence, yet when you rob millions the government gives you more money to keep the economy rolling.

w

Moves
27 Aug 17
4 edits

Originally posted by @sonhouse
So all those statistics are because blacks are poor? There is ZERO connection between racism and the few who are rich enough to evade justice. For every Bill Cosby there are a thousand regular people convicted because they are black. You probably never heard the term DWB, a condition called Driving While Black. You figure all those blacks who got killed w ...[text shortened]... cops pull the 'I was afraid for my life' card and get off scot free. That's ok with you clearly.
And what is often over looked is that a lot of these officers who shoot black men are black themselves yet white officers are targeted for execution in the streets.

I don't deny that racial profiling goes on. It is easy to judge these officers for doing it, but let's say you are a police officer and you are routinely confronted with violent crimes committed predominantly by blacks. Whether you are black or white, eventually you will begin to become more wary of blacks more than other races.

It is similar to Islamic terrorism. IF you have a predominance of Middle Eastern offenders after a while you will begin to profile Middle Eastern men as being more likely to commit a crime whether you are of Middle Eastern decent or not.

Of course, the left is on a moral high ground here because they are not a bunch of white folk clinging to their guns and Bibles and who will soon gain racial control of the country once the colored folk outnumber the white folk.

We can only hope we have more people of color sooner rather than later so we can enjoy utopia. 😵

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
27 Aug 17
2 edits

And what is often over looked is that a lot of these officers who shoot black men are black themselves yet white officers are targeted for execution in the streets.

I don't deny that racial profiling goes on. It is easy to judge these officers for doing it, but let's say you are a police officer and you are routinely confronted with violent crimes commit ...[text shortened]... can only hope we have more people of color sooner rather than later so we can enjoy utopia. 😵
Lots of people break laws. The legal system decides which ones become criminals. You fail to see this. The proportion of criminals in each ethnic groups is not a product of the proportion breaking laws, but of the people writing the laws and enforcing them.

The attitudes provoked through racism are pervasive and shape everyone's behaviour, not just that of white people. How do you imagine Black police officers gain acceptance in their workplaces? For that matter, which Black applicants are more likely to be accepted into the police service? Radical Black Power activists perhaps? Here's what Baldwin wrote on the subject:

" The American triumph—in which the American tragedy has always been implicit—was to make Black people despise themselves. When I was little I despised myself; I did not know any better. And this meant, albeit unconsciously, or against my will, or in great pain, that I also despised my father. And my mother. And my brothers. And my sisters. Black people were killing each other every Saturday night out on Lenox Avenue, when I was growing up; and no one explained to them, or to me, that it was intended that they should; that they were penned where they were, like animals, in order that they should consider themselves no better than animals. Everything supported this sense of reality, nothing denied it: and so one was ready, when it came time to go to work, to be treated as a slave. So one was ready, when human terrors came, to bow before a white God and beg Jesus for salvation—this same white God who was unable to raise a finger to do so little as to help you pay your rent, unable to be awakened in time to help you save your child!"

Here's a neat summary of a criminal career: from How a Prison Picks its Victims by Eve Pell:

"Poor young Black men from the ghetto in their first brush with the law are tarred with a record they would never have if they were middle-class or white. Later on they get into suspicious circumstances and are arrested on heavier charges. They plead guilty because they can’t establish innocence and already have a record; they don’t get the light sentence they were given to expect, and end up in prison for long stretches."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Aug 17
1 edit

There are lots of ways to demonstrate racism in sentencing. In 2010, in the USA, the chances of being in prison were 450 per 100,000 if your were White, 831 per 100,000 if you were Hispanic, 2,306 if you were Black.

The statistics alone should make you question what is happening. They are fkg astonishing.

Looking through Obama's pardons, take t ...[text shortened]... innocent Americans.

If you cannot see the difference, that reflects on you very badly indeed.
"There are lots of ways to demonstrate racism in sentencing. In 2010, in the USA, the chances of being in prison were 450 per 100,000 if your were White, 831 per 100,000 if you were Hispanic, 2,306 if you were Black."

I do find this disturbing.

In 2015 Blacks in America are responsible > 50% of ALL murder and non-negligent manslaughter, yet only make up 13% of the population. Excluding Hispanics from the white count in this category ( by their share of total population - 18% - which is undoubtedly an underrepresentation) and scaling for population Blacks commit this violent crime at approximately 8.6 times the rate of "whites", yet you say they are only incarcerated at 5 times the rate of whites? You are right, there is a great injustice here...

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015/crime-in-the-u.s.-2015/tables/table-43

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Aug 17

Again, all I see here is a bunch of white boys trying like hell to find some justification for their discrimination and bias.

It's because it's what they get taught. Call it "fear of 'the other' ". The same fear the Republican Party pushes all the time. Decades ago, it was the fear of the black man. Fast forward to today and now it is fear of the Muslims (in addition to the same old fear of the black man). Add in the fear of the Mexicans coming across the border "illegally", and the picture is complete.

And, coincidentally, the Republican Party keeps pushing the idea that Republicans are the only ones who can stop your irrational fear of 'the other' by keeping 'them' away from you.

rc

Moves
27 Aug 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @suzianne
Again, all I see here is a bunch of white boys trying like hell to find some justification for their discrimination and bias.

It's because it's what they get taught. Call it "fear of 'the other' ". The same fear the Republican Party pushes all the time. Decades ago, it was the fear of the black man. Fast forward to today and now it is fear of the Mu ...[text shortened]... the only ones who can stop your irrational fear of 'the other' by keeping 'them' away from you.
Who was pushing 'fear of the Russians', 'fear of the Nazis'?

E

Moves
27 Aug 17

Originally posted by @suzianne

It's because it's what they get taught. Call it "fear of 'the other' ". The same fear the Republican Party pushes all the time. Decades ago, it was the fear of the black man. Fast forward to today and now it is fear of the Mu ...[text shortened]... the only ones who can stop your irrational fear of 'the other' by keeping 'them' away from you.
What you see refle ts what is in your heart, hate.