Too bad no genuine discussions

Too bad no genuine discussions

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Garner, NC

Moves
07 Oct 22

@vivify said
I answered why his thinking is flawed, which is his aversion to basic facts in order to protect his ideology; a common vice of right-wingers.

If you mean the "what am I getting out of this" part, such discussions are interesting to see what people's stances on topics are, as well as being an opportunity to learn new ideas, learn new information or new ways of thinking.
But no valid new ways of thinking come from here. Anyone who deviates from the likes of CNN, MSNBC, etc, are automatically wrong. Isn't that true?

rain

Moves
07 Oct 22
1 edit

@techsouth said
But no valid new ways of thinking come from here. Anyone who deviates from the likes of CNN, MSNBC, etc, are automatically wrong. Isn't that true?
You're making the false claim that every single one of those outlets all think the same way. That's probably something you heard on Fox News.

I use the BBC, Al Jazeera and The Guardian for news. You really believe those sources have the same thinking? You're pretty ignorant if you do.

t

Garner, NC

Moves
07 Oct 22

@vivify said
You're making the false claim that every single one of those outlets all think the same way. That's probably something you heard on Fox News.

I use the BBC, Al Jazeera and The Guardian for news. You really believe those sources have the same thinking? You're pretty ignorant if you do.
You say you come for different perspectives. But as soon as someone questions a more conventional narrative, you say they're wrong, and you base that claim on your "more reliable" sources. What new perspective have you gotten from here?

"Have the same thing" and "Say the same thing" are quite different. They don't cover the same stories, although they have overlap.

But tell me ONE thing where it's okay to challenge a conventional narrative (from CNN, MSNBC, etc). where the conversation isn't essentially over at that point?

rain

Moves
07 Oct 22
9 edits

@techsouth said
You say you come for different perspectives. But as soon as someone questions a more conventional narrative, you say they're wrong, and you base that claim on your "more reliable" sources.
You're making empty claims without giving any specific examples. I gave a specific example of how conservative media lead you to believe false information, like with the Russia investigation. You've done no such thing with your claims about me.

I never state someone is wrong without giving specific reasons why (unless we've already discussed a specific topic). And I don't just claim to have reliable sources, I show them and what the source specifically says. You're trying your best to make it seem like I make empty claims but my posting history shows that's not the case.

But tell me ONE thing where it's okay to challenge a conventional narrative (from CNN, MSNBC, etc). where the conversation isn't essentially over at that point?

Any and every source should be challenged if you have a factual reason for doing so. So if a source states something false or misleading, that's definitely a time it's okay to challenge a source. The other occasion is if a source isn't legitimate, like a blog site from a non-authoritative source.

Lake Como

Moves
07 Oct 22

@vivify said
You're making empty claims without giving any specific examples. I gave a specific example of how conservative media lead you to believe false information, like with the Russia investigation. You've done no such thing with your claims about me.
If I may.....
"Conservative media lead you to believe false information, like with the Russia investigation".
Vivify, with th Hillary fake dossier and all the lying about Carter Paige, the horrible Stroik person who told his mistress he had 'insurance'., All the lies that Trump was involved with Russia. ALL proven false.
It was the LIBS who tried to lead us to believe said false information. Not the conservatives, Vivify. I spend so much time on Forum cleaning up messes.

Am I missing something here?

rain

Moves
07 Oct 22

@averagejoe1 said
If I may.....
Vivify, with th Hillary fake dossier and all the lying about Carter Paige, the horrible Stroik person who told his mistress he had 'insurance'., All the lies that Trump was involved with Russia. ALL proven false.
Thanks for proving my point. No specific examples. You're just throwing out names.

I'm not going to keep going back and forth with notoriously obtuse posters. Techsouth was disastrously wrong about the Mueller investigation being lead by Dems and won't even fess up about it.

That's the key issue: not only does he suck up false information, he won't even acknowledge he's wrong. He just continues attacking. If he could just man up, admit he was wrong and move on, he'd have hope. He can't do this and will never change. He'll always be someone who hides in his protective bubble.

w

Moves
07 Oct 22
1 edit

@techsouth said
I didn't say Fox and CNN were equal.

And somehow you took my post as yet another opportunity to bash Republicans. Do you think I haven't heard plenty of that. Can't I just go to the CNN website and find everything you're saying here.

What thoughts do you have that don't align with CNN? If you don't have any such thoughts, why do you bother posting here. Can't we just view CNN directly?
Again, I have no idea what you're specifically referring to. You want me to compare the spreadsheets of my ideas and political positions with those of CNN? The giant conglomerate with hundreds of annoying talking heads?

I don't watch CNN or read their website. Do you have any specific examples, or do you prefer to write in generalities?

Of course I bash Republicans. They are constantly disappointing. They want us to hold Biden accountable for his poor stewardship (which of course we should), and yet when they held the cards and all the power of Washington in 2017-2018 they took one look at the federal budget and thought "Yeah, Obama wasn't spending enough. We just need to add $8 trillion in deficit spending to that and hope inflation doesn't get out of hand".

If we vote them back in they'll do the same darn thing. Everyone love's bashing Hunter Biden and Jared Kushner but no one cares about what these politicians are actually doing.

Lake Como

Moves
08 Oct 22

@vivify said
Thanks for proving my point. No specific examples. You're just throwing out names.

I'm not going to keep going back and forth with notoriously obtuse posters. Techsouth was disastrously wrong about the Mueller investigation being lead by Dems and won't even fess up about it.

That's the key issue: not only does he suck up false information, he won't even acknowledg ...[text shortened]... He can't do this and will never change. He'll always be someone who hides in his protective bubble.
I don't know what this post means. Trump was never found guilty of the Russia thing. Are you saying he was? Can you answer this with maybe a simple yes or no? No, you cannot. The answer is he was not found in collision with Russia.
Dont lose your creds, Vivify

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Oct 22
3 edits

@JJ-Adams
We make the point Repubs are out for one thing and one thing ONLY. POWER, MORE POWER ANY WAY THEY CAN GET IT and after that there will be increases in ways to be illegal and NOTHING to actually help out the common folk like making meds cheaper, you do know repubs voted against even taking down the cost of insulin, a drug that helps avoid death but repubs don't give a rats ass about helping people, ONLY in helping large corps make more money so their CEO's and such can contribute hundreds of millions into Repub coffers. They have already admitted IN PUBLIC That is ALL repubs are interested in AND YOU KNOW THAT FULL WELL but will refuse to acknowledge ANY of that.
Dems are the ones putting out actual policy bills. THE ONLY PARTY TO DO SO. like the infrastructure bill, like the Chips bill, like the bill to allow Medicare to find the best price for meds. Repubs voted down ALL of that and every other dem bill brought up, bills that actually needed to be passed but repub zombies prove time and time again they have ZERO interest in actual policy, ONLY in getting power permanently but getting states to pass laws allowing them to dump legal electoral college officials who have the REAL numbers but to squash all that and install their OWN sick POS electors who just follow repub orders. Oh, Biden actually LOST by 21 million votes! we will be impeaching him next for that massive voter fraud.
THAT is the so-called repub party today. Thanks to Newt SMELLFISH totally screwing up government back 20 odd years ago convincing his buddies to NEVER advance a Dem bill and Moscow mitch follows up with 'I am the grim reaper' and he of course is referring to ANY dem bill coming to his desk, which gets routed immediately into the trash.

I hope you are happy with your repub zombie fascist party. They want nothing more than a permanent Authoritarian government and THAT is a FACT JACK.

If you note my words you will not find a single pejorative description of any of you here. I am making my solid case for what repubs really are today.

Lake Como

Moves
08 Oct 22

@sonhouse said
@JJ-Adams
We make the point Repubs are out for one thing and one thing ONLY. POWER, MORE POWER ANY WAY THEY CAN GET IT and after that there will be increases in ways to be illegal and NOTHING to actually help out the common folk like making meds cheaper, you do know repubs voted against even taking down the cost of insulin, a drug that helps avoid death but repubs don't giv ...[text shortened]... jorative description of any of you here. I am making my solid case for what repubs really are today.
Can you tell us what Vivify means when he says republicans led us to believe Trump was guilty of Russia, etc etc etc, when it was clearly proven that he was not? I mentioned this curiosity above, saying he was wrong, and he writes back that I 'proved his point'?????????

Lake Como

Moves
08 Oct 22

@averagejoe1 said
I could ask the most simple query, but there would be no resolve to the query. The MB person said a while back 'I want my fair share', on the Obama thread. I simply asked what it would represent, from 'whence' would it come. He wants something, so it has to come from somewhere, does it not? So, my mind's eye pictures him, sitting on his porch, waiting for that share ( ...[text shortened]... omes from? Does someone give it to him, from their possession, or just bring it from somewhere else?
And has this been answered yet? What is a fair share and from whence does it come?

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
08 Oct 22

@sonhouse

Recently, @Joe-Biden claimed that Republicans want to destroy democracy in the United States.
And I have noticed that @sonhouse and @Soothfast (and others) have echoed those sentiments.

Would you care to explain how the Republicans intend to do the evil deed? Thanks.

Lake Como

Moves
09 Oct 22

@sonhouse said
@JJ-Adams
We make the point Repubs are out for one thing and one thing ONLY. POWER, MORE POWER ANY WAY THEY CAN GET IT and after that there will be increases in ways to be illegal and NOTHING to actually help out the common folk like making meds cheaper, you do know repubs voted against even taking down the cost of insulin, a drug that helps avoid death but repubs don't giv ...[text shortened]... jorative description of any of you here. I am making my solid case for what repubs really are today.
Democrats want power too, so what is your point. IF you and I were on a desert and there was a canteen of water 20 feet away, you and I would both want the water.
Sonhouse??

Lake Como

Moves
09 Oct 22

@earl-of-trumps said
@sonhouse

Recently, @Joe-Biden claimed that Republicans want to destroy democracy in the United States.
And I have noticed that @sonhouse and @Soothfast (and others) have echoed those sentiments.

Would you care to explain how the Republicans intend to do the evil deed? Thanks.
Well, seeing as how there are 2 conflicting definitions of democracy, how can we answer your question until the Forum can stipulate what we all agree to be the definition of Democracy??

One says majority rule, the other says votes are done through representatives.

Sonhouse??

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Oct 22

@AverageJoe1
"Russia, if you are listening, find those Hilary emails'' and the next day Russians hacked into Dem HQ. THAT IS A FACT YOU PROBABLY DON"T WANT TO HEAR.