1. Garner, NC
    Moves
    05 Oct '22 15:44
    @AverageJoe1

I'm curious why those on the left even come here.

Let me ask them.

You believe the news is honest (other than FOX) and fair and their narratives are being reasonably constructed. Anyone who disagrees is just wrong.

Can't we know what all leftist think just be watching CNN?

Before you say that those of us on the right get all our thinking from FOX. Let me stop you. I'm saying right here and have said many times that lies are coming from all directions. A community of people who all understand that ought to be able to have stimulating conversations as they try to sort things out. And that since there are so many lies, one is not automatically ostracized for having temporarily bought into wrong information.

On the other side, is there any major claim made by CNN that leftists recognize as dishonest?
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    05 Oct '22 16:31
    @techsouth said
    @AverageJoe1

Let me ask them.

You believe the news is honest (other than FOX) and fair and their narratives are being reasonably constructed. Anyone who disagrees is just wrong.

Before you say that those of us on the right get all our thinking from ...[text shortened]... on.

On the other side, is there any major claim made by CNN that leftists recognize as dishonest?
    If I may, I learned on a metal brain post that the Libs use the word distribute rather than the word pay. So I even learn things on the forum, I don’t need Fox.
    Imagine if I were a factory owner at the end of the day distributing money to the workers. Tell the truth, would you say OK I’m going to the office to distribute the pay to these people? No I would say it I’m going to the office to pay our people. I think this is very telling when you see these Marxist types using the word distribute, implying to the masses. is there an emoji for masses?
  3. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '22 02:141 edit
    @techsouth said
    @AverageJoe1

Let me ask them.

Before you say that those of us on the right get all our thinking from ...[text shortened]... on.

Your post is absurd because it lacks any directive or focus. A sprinkler spitting on a pile of sand.

Clarify your point. Why is Fox and CNN equal? What's your logic?

I don't watch the talking heads at all, and it's amusing how much clout other people put in their opinions. Why care so much? It is immensely obvious that politicians use these platforms to distract from the fact that they are too scared to solve problems.

I would love to vote for a party that could fix immigration. Look at what legislation they propose. They won't and can't.

I would love to vote for a party that could limit government spending. But look at 2017-2019 when Republicans had control of everything. They can't and they won't.

The tea party was a joke. They were fun because they were in the minority and couldn't do anything but when they had power.... they spent like drunken sailors.

Wake up. Republican leadership costs more to taxpayers. Statistically.
  4. Garner, NC
    Moves
    06 Oct '22 03:18
    @wildgrass said
    Your post is absurd because it lacks any directive or focus. A sprinkler spitting on a pile of sand.

I don't watch the talking heads at all, and it's amusing how much clout other people put in their opinions. Why care so much? It is immensely obvious that politicians use these platforms to distract from ...[text shortened]... pent like drunken sailors.

I didn't say Fox and CNN were equal.

And somehow you took my post as yet another opportunity to bash Republicans. Do you think I haven't heard plenty of that. Can't I just go to the CNN website and find everything you're saying here.

What thoughts do you have that don't align with CNN? If you don't have any such thoughts, why do you bother posting here. Can't we just view CNN directly?
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    06 Oct '22 04:46
    @techsouth said
    @AverageJoe1

Let me ask them.

The issue is that too many conservatives get their news *only* from Fox News. The non-conservatives around get their news from a far wider range of sources and have a more informed worldview as a result.

Liberals will watch reports from CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC, ABC, etc., Conservatives: just Fox News.

You can't say any liberal gets their news from just from CNN. In fact, CNN is a rarely used source on this site. The Guardian, BBC, Reuters....those are far more common around here from liberals.

What do conservatives post from? Fox News or maybe NY Post. And that's about it. Everything else conservatives post from are pretty much just blogs masquerading as news outlets, like Infowars. Oh, that and Facebook posts.

Conservatives don't watch news to stay informed they watch news to reinforce their worldview, which is why they are so limited in what they watch. That is what's meant by saying you get your news only from Fox News.
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    06 Oct '22 12:45
    @wildgrass said

I don't watch the talking heads at all, and it's amusing how much clout other people put in their opinions. Why care so much? It is immensely obvious that politicians use these platforms to distract from ...[text shortened]... pent like drunken sailors.

All administrations spend (too much) money. Like, an example, when Biden made us dependent upon oil, when in effect was spending government money and not even knowing it. That was only his FIRST move! Have you heard, he woke up one day and said "Jill, I think I will select college loans as a debt for the government to forgive. It just makes me feel good. I don't really feel anything for others in debt." hahaha. What a loser.
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    06 Oct '22 13:06
    @vivify said
    The issue is that too many conservatives get their news *only* from Fox News. The non-conservatives around get their news from a far wider range of sources and have a more informed worldview as a result.

Liberals will watch reports from CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC, ABC, etc., Conservatives: just Fox News.

You can't say any liberal gets their news from just from CNN. In ...[text shortened]... so limited in what they watch. That is what's meant by saying you get your news only from Fox News.
    This may be a stretch to ask you, but could you give us a few ABC or MSNBC reports that fly in the face of FOX news? Tell us something that we would hear differently on FOX, and we can thresh it out!
    Biden is turning to Communist Venezuela for oil. Our strategic oil is lowest in 40 years .Just popped up. That is bad., Now, you tell us something MSNBC finds with favor about Biden.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    06 Oct '22 20:301 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    could you give us a few ABC or MSNBC reports that fly in the face of FOX news? Tell us something that we would hear differently on FOX, and we can thresh it out!
    Techsouth thought the Mueller investigation was lead by Democrats when it was lead entirely by Republicans, including the dirt obtained on Trump from his inner circle.

Thanks to conservative media like Fox News, Techsouth embarrassed himself. He's not the only one on this site to make this same mistake.

That's just one of many examples.
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    06 Oct '22 21:38
    Where the hell is Jimm?

No wonder things are slow in here.
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    06 Oct '22 21:43
    @vivify said
    Techsouth thought the Mueller investigation was lead by Democrats when it was lead entirely by Republicans, including the dirt obtained on Trump from his inner circle.

Thanks to conservative media like Fox News, Techsouth embarrassed himself. He's not the only one on this site to make this same mistake.

As an example of only watching selective news, you are about to miss the latest on Hunter Biden. Big news, Vivify. You heard it from me first.
  11. Garner, NC
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 01:331 edit
    @vivify said

You can't say any liberal gets their news from just from CNN. In ...[text shortened]... so limited in what they watch. That is what's meant by saying you get your news only from Fox News.
    So instead of CNN you get your news from other places that agree with CNN too?

Do you have any thoughts of your own you'd like to share here? Do you disagree with ANYTHING you've been told from your trusty sources. Have you come across ANYTHING that you think they're not reporting because they don't want to talk about it?

Edit: Let me put this challenge out there. Let's stipulate that all you are saying is basically true. Conservatives just consume news to confirm their own narratives. Liberals dispassionately seek truth. That being the case, I aspire to break out of my cage. Here is what would help me break out of that cage. If I could see liberals showing evidence that they at one time had to overcome that battle themselves. Isn't it true that we all have the basic inclination to have our opinions validated? It can't be just conservatives, can it? If liberals aren't just seeking to have their own opinions validated now, they must have had to work hard in the past to attain the mental discipline to overcome that tendency in themselves. You should be able to converse like a man who has fought to overcome a very common weakness.

So what is it? Is there any major point on which the Democrats are dishonest about? And is there anything the Republicans are honest about.

Or, do you believe that we have the first civilization in human history where one political party is always honest and the other is always dishonest?

If you'd prefer to just take this opportunity to tell me yet another way my thinking is flawed or if you just want to google some other way in which Republicans are stupid/bad, feel free to take that approach.

But keep in mind that's the very reason I post my initial question. So if you choose that path, please also tell me what you are getting out this.
  12. Garner, NC
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 01:41
    @vivify said

I must be forgetting some details on that conversation that has led to this narrative.

Are you saying that Democrats kept out of it for three years while it was all Republicans screaming "Russian Collusion" for three years?

Were all the famous democrats saying "let's not rush to judgement on this" while the investigation was going on?
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 03:07
    @techsouth said
    So instead of CNN you get your news from other places that agree with CNN too?

Do you have any thoughts of your own you'd like to share here? Do you disagree with ANYTHING you've been told from your trusty sources. Have you come across ANYTHING that you think they're not reporting because they don't want to talk about it?

Edit: Let me put this challenge out there. ...[text shortened]... my initial question. So if you choose that path, please also tell me what you are getting out this.
    I'm not talking about any high and mighty concept like being elevated beyond human bias. I'm just talking about accepting basic facts.

For example: evolution. Human evolution has been so thoroughly and and unequivocally proven by decades of exhaustive research by the most intelligent, highly trained, highly educated scientists. Yet conservatives to this day continue push the lie that evolution is a hoax, and force unscientific nonsense like creationism into school curriculums.

This is what I'm talking about. Rejection of basic facts in favor ideology. Basic facts like the reality of climate change, which the vast majority of scientists support, with data that is publicly available. Conservatives deliberately keep themselves ignorant easily accessible information in favor staying in their own little bubble.

Look at yourself, who thought the Russia investigation was lead by Democrats, despite *three years* of round-the-clock news coverage reporting every single detail of the investigation and the Republicans behind it. How do you get such an important detail wrong on one of the single biggest investigations of a president in U.S. history?

It's because conservatives like you gleefully embrace ignorance of all that challenges their beliefs. Again, I'm not talking about some elevated sense of morality here: just the acceptance of simple, easy to find facts.

That is the difference between left and right-wingers.
  14. Garner, NC
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 16:12
    @vivify said
    I'm not talking about any high and mighty concept like being elevated beyond human bias. I'm just talking about accepting basic facts.

For example: evolution. Human evolution has been so thoroughly and and unequivocally proven by decades of exhaustive research by the most intelligent, highly trained, highly educated scientists. Yet conservatives to this day continue p ...[text shortened]... cceptance of simple, easy to find facts.

That is the difference between left and right-wingers.
    If you'd prefer to just take this opportunity to tell me yet another way my thinking is flawed or if you just want to google some other way in which Republicans are stupid/bad, feel free to take that approach.

But keep in mind that's the very reason I post my initial question. So if you choose that path, please also tell me what you are getting out this.

You forgot to answer this part.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Oct '22 16:36
    @techsouth said

You forgot to answer this part.
    I answered why his thinking is flawed, which is his aversion to basic facts in order to protect his ideology; a common vice of right-wingers.

If you mean the "what am I getting out of this" part, such discussions are interesting to see what people's stances on topics are, as well as being an opportunity to learn new ideas, learn new information or new ways of thinking.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree