1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    09 May '21 13:421 edit
    @badradger said
    but with starmer its the looney right/ you cant chuck your beliefs in the bin ,I dont want Tory Lite I would be happy with a centrist party, starmer has 0 policies he just bangs on about tory corruption, I have a Daughter in perth WA we are thinking of retiring over there.lets face it the UK is Fecked.
    There is talk of Andy Burnham but for now he’s pretending he’d rather be the Mayor of Manchester. It could be a poisoned chalice if the party cannot appeal to a wider audience.
    All the Tories have to do is not spit in the faces of their new base in the north.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 May '21 15:12
    @kevcvs57 said
    There is talk of Andy Burnham but for now he’s pretending he’d rather be the Mayor of Manchester. It could be a poisoned chalice if the party cannot appeal to a wider audience.
    All the Tories have to do is not spit in the faces of their new base in the north.
    Frankly, all they have to do is wait until Scotland secedes. Once that happens - and it will, one way or another - the Tories will own Little England forever.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 May '21 15:13
    @moonbus said
    Where is Tony Blair, now that Labour needs him ?
    Where he always was: propping up the Conservative Party.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '21 17:591 edit
    @shallow-blue said
    Where he always was: propping up the Conservative Party.
    No. He was the most successful leader of the Labour Party.

Whatever it is that you want the Labour Party to be, it will never be it. Perhaps you live in a dream world of communist ideals, in a world run by trade unions, 3 day weeks, strikes and square steering wheels on your crappy home produced cars.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    09 May '21 20:04
    @divegeester said
    No. He was the most successful leader of the Labour Party.

Whatever it is that you want the Labour Party to be, it will never be it. Perhaps you live in a dream world of communist ideals, in a world run by trade unions, 3 day weeks, strikes and square steering wheels on your crappy home produced cars.
    Oh come now, Vauxhauls weren’t all that bad. Were they ?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 May '21 08:03
    @moonbus said
    Oh come now, Vauxhauls weren’t all that bad. Were they ?
    Remember the Austin Allegro and it’s square steering wheel.

Vauxhall is a British brand but German designed car.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 May '21 08:05
    Starmer now 17 points behind Johnson in latest poll, and apparently a third of Labour voters want him out.

But who to replace him with...?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '21 13:37
    @divegeester said
    I doubt you will get awarded citizenship; Auz, (and even more so NZ) have the toughest firewall immigration policies in the world.
    not bragging but having run a fairly profitable flooring firm for 40 years I am not short of a few bob,got a daughter and 2 brothers in Perth, I reckon we could get in.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 May '21 13:52
    @badradger said
    not bragging but having run a fairly profitable flooring firm for 40 years I am not short of a few bob,got a daughter and 2 brothers in Perth, I reckon we could get in.
    Nice! wolfgang59 bought his way into NZ so I understand.

What do you reckon it will cost?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 May '21 14:54
    @divegeester said
    Nice! wolfgang59 bought his way into NZ so I understand.

What do you reckon it will cost?
    I reckon a million aussie dollars would do it, We would still be entitled to our british pensions and I have a few personal ones, I own 2 properties and reckon I could get £450k plus a few ISas I could cash also both maxed out our premium bonds so I reckon its doable.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 May '21 15:031 edit
    @badradger said
    I reckon a million aussie dollars would do it, We would still be entitled to our british pensions and I have a few personal ones, I own 2 properties and reckon I could get £450k plus a few ISas I could cash also both maxed out our premium bonds so I reckon its doable.
    That’s about £55,000 just to get in then you’d have to live off your UK pensions. A big price to pay but if it’s what you and the missus want then I say go for it if you have somewhere to live out there, which should be a load cheaper than the UK, even up north where you are. Plus you have family over there to help you out.

£55k huh...I might find out what it costs to get into NZ and go and live next door to Wolfgang59 😈
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    18 May '21 19:192 edits
    @divegeester said
    Remember the Austin Allegro and it’s square steering wheel.

Vauxhall is a British brand but German designed car.
    Yes, I believe Vauxhaul used Opel designs. Saved a lot of R&D costs. Very sensible cars. Does somewhat lack the excitement of a DB5 or the mojo of a Super Seven however.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree