1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 May '21 09:23
    @divegeester said
    If it wasn’t for the thousands of unnecessary deaths they have caused through their utter incompetence...the EU fuking up the vaccination strategy was another moment of delicious told-you-so.

I shall watch with interest from our new position of independence as von der Leyen brings her own particular brand of incompetence to the party.
    Well it’s hard to roll out a national vaccine programme without a National Health Service. But yes their arrogance was on display and it has cost a lot of EU blood and treasure.
    The biggest surprise for me is the level of anti vaxxer sentiment in places like France.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '21 09:451 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    Well it’s hard to roll out a national vaccine programme without a National Health Service. But yes their arrogance was on display and it has cost a lot of EU blood and treasure.
    The biggest surprise for me is the level of anti vaxxer sentiment in places like France.
    I predict that we will see a direct correlation between political independence and a level of white supremacist [edit; or any racial motivated exclusivity and social bigotry] activity and conspiracy theories.

I therefore go on to predict that the UK will see a decline in these attitudes and the EU counties will see an increase.

How this is measured I don’t know but let’s watch over time.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '21 12:18
    @divegeester said
    That’s really interesting thanks. I had forgotten that the Brexit Party stood only in Tory opposition constituencies.

I watched Starmer film-flamming yesterday; he’s weak as piss as a speaker and completely harmless, no edge, no grit, no passion, just rote-learned media mouthing. Get rid of him now and get a decent leader of the opposition, we are going to need it.
    hardly spoiled for choice for me Andy Burham with Yvette cooper as deputy and restore the whip to JC, I left the party when Starmer stabbed JC, its got to be a broad church if starmer had its way it would be Tory Lite.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '21 14:511 edit
    @badradger said
    hardly spoiled for choice for me Andy Burham with Yvette cooper as deputy and restore the whip to JC, I left the party when Starmer stabbed JC, its got to be a broad church if starmer had its way it would be Tory Lite.
    Tory lite is what you need if you want to win power! When will you Jarrow men wake up and realise that the UK is predominantly, statically, numerically speaking, just right of centre.

If you insist on wearing your flat caps and walking around with rolled up copies of 1960s Daily Mirror in you pocket and a keeping copy of the Communist Manifesto on the kitchen table, then you are destined for extinction old chap.

The next successful Labour Party will be centrist or maybe just left of centre, not the looney left.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 May '21 17:18
    @divegeester said
    Tory lite is what you need if you want to win power! When will you Jarrow men wake up and realise that the UK is predominantly, statically, numerically speaking, just right of centre.

If you insist on wearing your flat caps and walking around with rolled up copies of 1960s Daily Mirror in you pocket and a keeping copy of the Communist Manifesto on the kitchen table, t ...[text shortened]... The next successful Labour Party will be centrist or maybe just left of centre, not the looney left.
    Where is Tony Blair, now that Labour needs him ?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '21 19:00
    @moonbus said
    Where is Tony Blair, now that Labour needs him ?
    Well exactly.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 May '21 19:531 edit
    @divegeester said
    Well exactly.
    He’s not allowed back until he gets a haircut.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '21 20:32
    @kevcvs57 said
    He’s not allowed back until he gets a haircut.
    I do loathe the man nowadays, but I voted for him twice back in the day. He and Brown were a formidable leadership duo who totally owned the political middle ground. When you look at Starmer and his piss-poor first round, you just wonder what else he’s got.

I see he’s sacked Rayner in a “shuffle”, jeez, she ain’t the problem mate!
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 May '21 20:42
    Wales and Scotland have, once again, completely rejected the tories.

How is it sustainable for that party to rule over countries they get so few votes in?

31 seats in Scotland... out of 129.
    And still the johnson rules the roost.

I’d catapult the corrupt fat fckr through the walls of Stirling castle.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '21 20:482 edits
    @shavixmir said
    How is it sustainable for that party to rule over countries they get so few votes in?
    Well the SNP couldn’t even manage to get a majority in their own country...so... I guess it’s still the feudal system up there after all.

Edit: btw your “rule” comment just gives away your lack of understanding of democracy in the UK. (I admit this is a little jab by the way Shav)
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 May '21 11:32
    @divegeester said

If you insist on wearing your flat caps and walking around with rolled up copies of 1960s Daily Mirror in you pocket and a keeping copy of the Communist Manifesto on the kitchen table, t ...[text shortened]... The next successful Labour Party will be centrist or maybe just left of centre, not the looney left.
    but with starmer its the looney right/ you cant chuck your beliefs in the bin ,I dont want Tory Lite I would be happy with a centrist party, starmer has 0 policies he just bangs on about tory corruption, I have a Daughter in perth WA we are thinking of retiring over there.lets face it the UK is Fecked.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '21 11:39
    @badradger said
    I have a Daughter in perth WA we are thinking of retiring over there.
    I doubt you will get awarded citizenship; Auz, (and even more so NZ) have the toughest firewall immigration policies in the world.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '21 11:40
    @badradger saidlets face it the UK is Fecked.
    What makes you think Auz is better than the UK?
  14. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    09 May '21 12:36
    Looking at the bookies odds, get your money on Dianne Abbott or Sadiq Khan. Foxman in a cape is finished....

🚬
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    09 May '21 13:372 edits
    @divegeester said
    I do loathe the man nowadays, but I voted for him twice back in the day. He and Brown were a formidable leadership duo who totally owned the political middle ground. When you look at Starmer and his piss-poor first round, you just wonder what else he’s got.

I see he’s sacked Rayner in a “shuffle”, jeez, she ain’t the problem mate!
    No she must have felt like a goat getting tied to a post when he gave her the job of campaign manager and then ran it himself and had the brilliant idea of having Mandelson run in Hartlepool. I’m surprised he didn’t have Tommy Robinson running in Bradford.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree