1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 15:373 edits
    @no1marauder said
    No, they wouldn't have; none of their neighbors felt the need to pull guns and point them at people walking by on their way to protest at the mayor's house.

The criminals who assaulted the person in the video were arrested and charged with various felonies. That someone was assaulted somewhere does not provide a legal excuse for someone else a thousand miles away to p ...[text shortened]... should be enforced against rich white people just as much as it is against not so rich black people.
    How about this...Mob unchallenged by McCloskeys..proceeds to burn affluent neighborhood ( including the Mayor home) to the ground. Like they have already done in several places throughout the US. No one is captured or charged in the felony arson?
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 15:42
    @joe-shmo said
    How about this...Mob unchallenged by McCloskeys..proceeds to burn affluent neighborhood ( including the Mayor home) to the ground. Like they have already done in several places throughout the US?
    Tell me some more fairy tales, Joe.

Perhaps you are ignorant of the facts of the case, but the group went right past the Mccloskeys (most ignoring them) and proceeded to the mayor's house, where they conducted a peaceful protest complete with probably boring speeches.

The right wing idea that it is now OK to kill protesters because, well who knows what might happen, hasn't been adopted into American law and won't be unless we turn into the fascist State that you and others seem to crave.
  3. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 15:54
    I live in a gated community, one of the side gates is near my home that requires residents to have a key to enter.
    If a crowd of "protesters" tore the gate down I'd certainly stand outside my house with a gun to make sure they'd keep on walking by.
    Maybe the McCloskey's are scumbag lawyers with a litigious background, it doesn't matter, they have a right to protect their property their neighborhood and themselves.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 15:59
    @dood111 said
    I live in a gated community, one of the side gates is near my home that requires residents to have a key to enter.
    If a crowd of "protesters" tore the gate down I'd certainly stand outside my house with a gun to make sure they'd keep on walking by.
    Maybe the McCloskey's are scumbag lawyers with a litigious background, it doesn't matter, they have a right to protect their property their neighborhood and themselves.
    Actually, the gate wasn't torn down; there is a video of people walking through it with it being held open seconds before Mark McCloskey appears on his porch screaming and pointing his AR-15 at people.

The McCloskeys have the same rights and legal obligations as anybody else.
  5. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 16:13
    @no1marauder said
    Actually, the gate wasn't torn down; there is a video of people walking through it with it being held open seconds before Mark McCloskey appears on his porch screaming and pointing his AR-15 at people.

Here's a picture of the metal gate:
    https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/video-shows-gate-was-intact-when-cwe-couple-pointed-guns-at-protesters/63-14a1582a-9372-4494-b8ee-41d5d4d71b61
    Looks torn down to me.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 16:161 edit
    @dood111 said
    Here's a picture of the metal gate:
    https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/video-shows-gate-was-intact-when-cwe-couple-pointed-guns-at-protesters/63-14a1582a-9372-4494-b8ee-41d5d4d71b61
    Looks torn down to me.
    It's been posted on this Forum at least half a dozen times but:

https://twitter.com/alexiszotos/status/1277607426934616065

It's the 1:29 video which in the first 10 seconds clearly shows people walking through the open gate (someone is holding the left side open).

What happened to the gate later is irrelevant to the continued, false claim that protesters "smashed" it to gain access.
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 18:16
    @no1marauder said

wrong.

the protesters had no obligation to obey the laws against trespassing.
    They are above the law,
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 18:19
    I think it's worth posting again
    -------------------

The McCloskeys: No shots fired, no one hurt.

Peaceful Protesters of Chop: 5 people shot, 2 dead, one critically wounded. No one arrested.

Go PEACE!
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 18:471 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I think it's worth posting again
    -------------------

The McCloskeys: No shots fired, no one hurt.

Peaceful Protesters of Chop: 5 people shot, 2 dead, one critically wounded. No one arrested.

Go PEACE!
    Again the baseless claim that "protesters" shot someone despite the fact that no arrests have been made and the details of the shootings remain murky. There were shootings in Seattle before any protests and there will certainly be more in the future.

This is typical of your ceaseless attempts at simple minded propaganda.

Your own position is that the McCloskeys could have opened firing whenever they felt "afraid".
  10. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 19:154 edits
    @no1marauder said
    Again the baseless claim that "protesters" shot someone despite the fact that no arrests have been made and the details of the shootings remain murky. There were shootings in Seattle before any protests and there will certainly be more in the future.

This is typical of your ceaseless attempts at simple minded propaganda.

Your own position is that the McCloskeys could have opened firing whenever they felt "afraid".
    OMG there is NO DOUBT that "protesters" were responsible for the shootings one of them is even on camera bragging about it standing next to the car he shot up, another says he stopped shooting because he "ran out of bullets: . You are living in denial deceit and delusion.
    You are an awful person to lie and defend such people.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 19:32
    @dood111 said
    OMG there is NO DOUBT that "protesters" were responsible for the shootings one of them is even on camera bragging about it standing next to the car he shot up, another says he stopped shooting because he "ran out of bullets: . You are living in denial deceit and delusion.
    You are an awful person
    There was a protest at 3 AM?
  12. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 19:35
    @no1marauder said
    There was a protest at 3 AM?
    WHO ELSE WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE AT 3AM?
    CHOMP "SECURITY" WERE IN CHARGE AND BRAGGING ABOUT IT YOU CHIT-WIT.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 19:41
    @dood111 said
    WHO ELSE WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE AT 3AM?
    CHOMP "SECURITY" WERE IN CHARGE AND BRAGGING ABOUT IT YOU CHIT-WIT.
    I've seen the video and there was no protest.

If and when the shooters get arrested, we might learn something. Right now, it's all speculation and right wing propaganda that these individuals were in any way involved with the "protesters".
  14. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 19:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 19:46
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    "They" were.

That "they" were protesters is what is in question. There was no protest at the time. There was shooting in the vicinity a few minutes earlier, so the actual events that led up to the shootings are murky. That would be a good reason to wait until the police finish conducting their investigation before making wild claims.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree