1. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 21:05
    This is just too rich, I have to share:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/7/11/1959951/-Not-Shocking-News-The-couple-who-waved-guns-at-peaceful-protesters-are-gigantic-a-holes

First few paragraphs:
    Personal-injury attorneys Mark and Patricia McCloskey entered the national spotlight like the ultimate expression of white privilege, waving their weapons toward peaceful protesters whose crime was walking down a sidewalk. Republicans immediately tried to make the pair heroes of the Second Amendment, valiantly defending their home by pointing the weapons in the face of Americans who had the audacity to not be rich and white.

So it will probably come as a relief to everyone that they turn out to be jackasses of the first order. Mark McCloskey isn’t just the kind of raging a-hole who is hated by all of his neighbors, he’s not just a guy who has sued his own sister and his own father, he’s also a guy who did this: He destroyed bee hives on a neighbor’s property and left behind a note not only admitting that he did it, but threatening to sue if they didn’t clean up the mess promptly. That neighbor was a Jewish synagogue which had planned to use the honey for Rosh Hashanah. “The children were crying in school,” said Rabbi Susan Talve. “It was part of our curriculum.”

Congratulations, Republicans. These are your new heroes. And they’re perfect.

As the St. Louis Post-Dispatch outlines, the McCloskeys have a “long history of not backing down.” Which in this case means they are unbelievably—unbelievably—awful. If their moment in the national spotlight made them seem like a postcard advertising the very worst America has to offer, prepare to be amazed. They’re worse than you think.

That sidewalk that protesters were walking up? It belongs to their “private place” subdivision. Only the McCloskeys have claimed it as their own. The McCloskeys have also claimed the green space on the other side. And the wall around the subdivision. They’re suing the subdivision to assert their ownership over all these things. They’ve been at it or years.

Their deed for the property doesn’t give them any right to these things, but then that hasn’t stopped the McCloskeys in the past. In what may be the most perfect tidbit about a couple that the right wing has been elevating as sterling defenders of property rights, the McCloskeys have sued to take over two properties they didn’t own through “hostile occupation” and “asserting squatter’s rights.”

In the main, the McCloskeys seem to operate by just suing the hell out of everyone. They sued their dog breeder over paperwork. They sued a guy who sold them a car. They filed a lawsuit over a birthday card Mark McCloskey got when he was a teenager. They’ve filed multiple lawsuits on the same trip “to save gas.”

They’ve even sued their all-white neighborhood association, insisting that they have to maintain the original 1871 agreement over “exclusivity” in selling properties. Yes, that means exactly what you think. In this case, the breach of that exclusivity was allowing a gay couple to move in. The McCloskey’s took that case all the way to the state Supreme Court where, thankfully, they lost.
  2. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 21:07
    Wanna see some scumbags?
    Look at this crowd murder a young man for sport:
    https://www.facebook.com/ConservativeTreehouse/posts/3000530059982345
  3. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 21:08
    Another paragraph, though all of them are eye-popping:
    In any case, KSDK reports that St. Louis police served a warrant on the McCloskey’s Friday evening and seized the AR-15 rifle that Mark McCloskey pointed at protesters. The pistol that Patricia McCloskey waved directly at people’s faces was apparently not home. They claimed the gun was at the office of their attorney—but the attorney denied it. Of course, the McCloskeys have already hired one attorney to represent them, then fired him, and hired another. So maybe the gun is at the office of their last attorney. Or their next one.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 21:093 edits
    @soothfast said
    This is just too rich, I have to share:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/7/11/1959951/-Not-Shocking-News-The-couple-who-waved-guns-at-peaceful-protesters-are-gigantic-a-holes

First few paragraphs:
    Personal-injury attorneys Mark and Patricia McCloskey entered the national spotlight like the ultimate expression of white privilege, waving their weapons towar ...[text shortened]... loskey’s took that case all the way to the state Supreme Court where, thankfully, they lost.
    Surprise...they are Lawyers ( sarcasm...not surprised at all )! What do you call a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean...A good start!
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 21:10
    @dood111 said
    Wanna see some scumbags?
    Look at this crowd murder a young man for sport:
    https://www.facebook.com/ConservativeTreehouse/posts/3000530059982345
    As it's obvious you didn't read what I posted, I shan't read your...thing.
  6. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 21:36
    @soothfast said
    Some smart people don't/won't use FAKEBOOK
  7. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 21:371 edit
    @soothfast said
    Well then I'll put it in a nutshell for you:
    It's a video of a crowd of about 30 blacks surrounding a young white man, maybe 20 years old.
    And they beat him to death, laughing and whooping it up like they think it's hilarious.
    It just happened, funny how the media isn't covering it but they gotta keep slobbering over a white husband and wife that didn't hurt a soul..
  8. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 21:43
    @dood111 said
    It's a video of a crowd of about 30 blacks surrounding a young white man, maybe 20 years old.
    And they beat him to death, laughing and whooping it up like they think it's hilarious.
    It just happened, funny how the media isn't covering it but they gotta keep slobbering over a white husband and wife that didn't hurt a soul..
    I could have guessed. Thanks for being predictable, Captain Anecdote.
  9. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 21:491 edit
    @kquinn909 said
    Some smart people don't/won't use FAKEBOOK
    Well, I've never used Facebook myself.
  10. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 21:51
    @soothfast said
    I could have guessed. Thanks for being predictable, Captain Anecdote.
    Just keep burying your head in the sand and denying what you see happening everywhere.
  11. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 21:52
    @dood111 said
    Just keep burying your head in the sand and denying what you see happening everywhere.
    Funny thing: I do not see what you intimate is "happening everywhere."
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 22:00
    @dood111 said
    When and where did this "just happen"?
  13. Germany
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 22:041 edit
    @no1marauder said
    When and where did this "just happen"?
    It was posted on Facebook by a fake news blog, what reason could you have to doubt the veracity of this story or Sam The Sham's intentions in sharing it here?
  14. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 22:18
    @soothfast said
    Funny thing: I do not see what you intimate is "happening everywhere."
    Here's a few hundred examples if you want more let me know:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWRMjeB3ibK96r7gnMtZn0w/videos
  15. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 23:19
    Contrast the McCloskeys' no shots fired to that of the "peaceful protesters" of CHOP.

5 people shot, 2 dead, one critically wounded.

Go PEACE!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree