1. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 13:43
    @wolfgang59 said
    That is indeed shocking but it is the State Supreme Court not SCOTUS.
    Both the Wisconsin Supreme Court and the United States Supreme Court (SCOTUS) weighed in on this decision.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/politics/wisconsin-primary-voting-coronavirus.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 13:481 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 14:01

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 14:011 edit
    @kazetnagorra said
    Sounds to me like it's fully stacked with politicians instead of judges.
    Oh for eff sake, if they are elected, you don't like it. If they are selected by the governor and approved by the state representatives, you don't like it.
    OK you tell us, what would you do to select the justices on the state supreme court?
    Draw lots?
    (Elections by the people is NOT "stacking", by the way, know a what term means before you use it)
  5. Germany
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 14:19
    @dood111 said
    Oh for eff sake, if they are elected, you don't like it. If they are selected by the governor and approved by the state representatives, you don't like it.
    OK you tell us, what would you do to select the justices on the state supreme court?
    Draw lots?
    (Elections by the people is NOT "stacking", by the way, know a what term means before you use it)
    Judges should be appointed by an independent body to ensure their independence.
  6. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 14:35
    @kazetnagorra said
    Judges should be appointed by an independent body to ensure their independence.
    Nonsense. If they did that you'd just find fault with that and claim the independent body was biased. It's just the way you are.
    Anyway, in Wisconsin they ARE appointed by an independent body. They are appointed by THE PEOPLE .
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 14:471 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @shavixmir

Sorry, rushed it. Supreme Court of the STATE of Wisconsin. Still clear politics.
    "conservative bastards of the SCOTUS"
    LMFAO

you just cant make this shyt up.
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 14:48
    @shavixmir said
    What is scotus?

It sounds like half a ball-sack.
    if it were up your ass you would know what it is...
  9. Germany
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 15:02
    @dood111 said
    Nonsense. If they did that you'd just find fault with that and claim the independent body was biased. It's just the way you are.
    Anyway, in Wisconsin they ARE appointed by an independent body. They are appointed by THE PEOPLE .
    No, I wouldn't.
  10. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 15:081 edit
    @kazetnagorra said
    No, I wouldn't.
    YES YOU WOULD. It's just part of your contrarian nature, it's like a mental disease with you.
    Anyway, you don't think THE PEOPLE should be able to select their judges in an election, but you think some kind of"independent body" should?
    And independent body selected by who, exactly?
    More politicians?
  11. Germany
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 15:17
    @dood111 said
    YES YOU WOULD. It's just part of your contrarian nature, it's like a mental disease with you.
    Anyway, you don't think THE PEOPLE should be able to select their judges in an election, but you think some kind of"independent body" should?
    More politicians?
    They should be appointed by an independent body, like a bar association.
  12. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 15:211 edit
    @kazetnagorra said
    They should be appointed by an independent body, like a bar association.
    Now you're really digging a hole for yourself.
    Yeah let's have other judges and lawyers select who's going to be on the supreme court, I'm sure they won't have any graft, corruption, or favoritism among themselves.
    Genius thinking.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 15:44
    @dood111 said
    Now you're really digging a hole for yourself.
    Yeah let's have other judges and lawyers select who's going to be on the supreme court, I'm sure they won't have any graft, corruption, or favoritism among themselves.
    Genius thinking.
    You do realize this isn't exactly revolutionary and has been successfully implemented in a bunch of places, right?
  14. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 16:09
    @kazetnagorra said
    You do realize this isn't exactly revolutionary and has been successfully implemented in a bunch of places, right?
    No I'm not aware of that why don't you point one out so I can look it up and shoot it down like you do everything else?
    How is this superior than direct vote by the people?
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 16:20
    @dood111 said
    More politicians?
    Is your caps lock button sticking ? 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree