1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 03:361 edit
    The conservative bastards on SCOTUS overturned a rule by their governor to delay elections and now are forcing elections to take place TOMORROW. So how many people will die from the close exposure this will entail?

SCOTUS decision is CLEARLY political, their thinking being smaller voter turnout helps republicans.

GREAT THINKING ASSSWIPES.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/state-supreme-court-rules-wisconsin-224558110.html

On another front, republican Governor Hogan of Maryland is one of the few people who stepped up early, Feb 7 or thereabouts to close schools and tell people about social distancing and the deaths there are 1/4th of Louisiana for instance. He is one smart dude, married to a Korean woman, speaks Korean and talked directly to the authorities in Korea in Korean to get ventilators and PPE direct to Maryland from Korea. Kudo's to Governor Hogan.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/larry-hogan-marylands-republican-governor-defies-trump-with-aggressive-coronavirus-response/ar-BB11DJHQ
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 03:47
    @sonhouse said
    The conservative bastards on SCOTUS overturned a rule by their governor to delay elections and now are forcing elections to take place TOMORROW.
    That is indeed shocking but it is the State Supreme Court not SCOTUS.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 06:18
    @wolfgang59 said
    That is indeed shocking but it is the State Supreme Court not SCOTUS.
    So, not SCOTUS, but SCOWI?

Ok, yeah, NRFPT...
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 07:43
    @sonhouse said
    The conservative bastards on SCOTUS overturned a rule by their governor to delay elections and now are forcing elections to take place TOMORROW. So how many people will die from the close exposure this will entail?

SCOTUS decision is CLEARLY political, their thinking being smaller voter turnout helps republicans.

GREAT THINKING ASSSWIPES.

https://www.yahoo.com/ ...[text shortened]... ry-hogan-marylands-republican-governor-defies-trump-with-aggressive-coronavirus-response/ar-BB11DJHQ
    and Biden agreed.

Though, if we look strictly at the facts he is also a conservative so technically your post is true.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 07:53
    What is scotus?

It sounds like half a ball-sack.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 07:551 edit
    @shavixmir

Sorry, rushed it. Supreme Court of the STATE of Wisconsin. Still clear politics.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 08:04
    Hmm. Perhaps stacking the courts with politicians instead of judges wasn't the best call?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 08:11
    @KazetNagorra
    You THINK?
  9. Germany
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 09:07
    @sonhouse said
    @KazetNagorra
    You THINK?
    Well, you guys have had more than 200 years to arrive at that conclusion.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 09:24
    @kazetnagorra said
    Well, you guys have had more than 200 years to arrive at that conclusion.
    Political systems only change when they are 110% fukked.
  11. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 11:46
    @kazetnagorra said
    Hmm. Perhaps stacking the courts with politicians instead of judges wasn't the best call?
    There is no "stacking" of the wisconsin state supreme court.
    "The court is composed of seven justices who are elected in statewide, non-partisan elections. Each justice is elected for a ten-year term. Importantly, only one justice may be elected in any year. This avoids the sudden shifts in jurisprudence commonly seen in other state supreme courts, where the court composition can be radically shifted if two or three justices are simultaneously targeted for an electoral challenge based on their views on controversial issues. In the event of a vacancy on the court, the governor has the power to appoint an individual to the vacancy, but that justice must then stand for election in the first year in which no other justice's term expires."
  12. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 12:52
    @wolfgang59 said
    Political systems only change when they are 110% fukked.
    Truth to that. Communism in China and USSR died.

For the life of me, I can't understand how it holds together in Cuba and NKorea. Been a long time. 60 years+
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 12:58
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Truth to that. Communism in China and USSR died.

For the life of me, I can't understand how it holds together in Cuba and NKorea. Been a long time. 60 years+
    Cuba has changed.

N.Korea is a wonder.
    China doesn't want it but sees it as a buffer state, so ... ?
  14. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 13:38
    I would have delayed the primary but if they did there would be people here discussing how outrageous it is to delay an election.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 13:42
    @dood111 said
    There is no "stacking" of the wisconsin state supreme court.
    "The court is composed of seven justices who are elected in statewide, non-partisan elections. Each justice is elected for a ten-year term. Importantly, only one justice may be elected in any year. This avoids the sudden shifts in jurisprudence commonly seen in other state supreme courts, where the court compositi ...[text shortened]... at justice must then stand for election in the first year in which no other justice's term expires."
    Sounds to me like it's fully stacked with politicians instead of judges.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree