1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 19:08
    @Dood111
    Because the idea is to get folks as unbiased as possible in our world. An election can be manipulated to produce the candidate the party wants so you get biased judges.
    Do you think the decision to not delay elections was in any way NOT politically biased? It is well known republicans view low voter turnout as favoring republicans which is the only way they win, by cheating, voter suppression and games at the voting stations.
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 19:12
    @dood111 said
    YES YOU WOULD. It's just part of your contrarian nature, it's like a mental disease with you.
    Anyway, you don't think THE PEOPLE should be able to select their judges in an election, but you think some kind of"independent body" should?
    And independent body selected by who, exactly?
    More politicians?
    these people are fukin nuts!
  3. Germany
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 19:13
    @dood111 said
    No I'm not aware of that why don't you point one out so I can look it up and shoot it down like you do everything else?
    How is this superior than direct vote by the people?
    It's actually pretty uncommon for societies to elect judges, police chiefs, etc. I will leave it as a homework exercise for you to investigate further.
  4. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 20:24
    @kazetnagorra said
    It's actually pretty uncommon for societies to elect judges, police chiefs, etc. I will leave it as a homework exercise for you to investigate further.
    These are state supreme court judges we're talking about here, with extraordinary power , and electing them so they can be voted in and out of office by the public is a good idea.
    I'm surprised you are opposed to the concept.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 21:06
    @dood111 said
    These are state supreme court judges we're talking about here, with extraordinary power , and electing them so they can be voted in and out of office by the public is a good idea.
    I'm surprised you are opposed to the concept.
    It's not a good idea, it removes judicial checks and balances while adding a new chamber of parliament.
  6. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    07 Apr '20 22:02
    @kazetnagorra said
    It's not a good idea, it removes judicial checks and balances while adding a new chamber of parliament.
    The supreme court IS a judicial check and balance , you're just blabbering now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree