1. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 07:17
    @shavixmir said
    The parents didn’t make those laws.
    And the parents don’t choose to be illegal aliens (which, unless you’re talking about Jabba da Hutt in an underage sex club, is a term which should be banned).

Ultimately, you are correct, those cages should not have been made. But more to the point: they should never have been used.

And trump ordered them used. And now there’s 50 ...[text shortened]... can’t be reunited with their parents.
    And that, my friend, is a crime of international proportions.
    An honest question, no baiting. why is it that the parents can't be found? If I was separated from my kids, I would be looking for them as I would think these kids parents would be. It seems to allude to the parents not wanting to be found.
    Not taking sides here, I honestly don't get it. Naive, maybe.
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 07:371 edit
    @jimmac said
    An honest question, no baiting. why is it that the parents can't be found? If I was separated from my kids, I would be looking for them as I would think these kids parents would be. It seems to allude to the parents not wanting to be found.
    Not taking sides here, I honestly don't get it. Naive, maybe.
    The parents were deported to where they came from. The kids were locked in cages (and then I presume given to social services).

The US didn’t keep track of the parents. The pandemic has made finding the parents (and matching them) even more difficult than usual.

The regions the parents were deported to aren’t the most bureaucratic of areas. And, quite presumably, many of the parents didn’t flee for nothing.

Now, besides it not being acceptable to hand over kids to any old person who claims they are the parents, presumably some of the parents are in situations where the kids being in social services in a foreign country without their parents is a better option.

Which should beg the question: why the hell are these people being deported in the first place?

Perhaps: why the hell did ICE think that seperating kids and parents is a good idea in the first place?

Edit:
    Another thing that just sprang to mind is thar many of these kids were babies in 2017/18.
    So if the documentation is screwed, then it’s very difficult for recognition, etc.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 09:15
    @earl-of-trumps said
    My favorite part on immigration:

Trump: "Who made the cages, Joe?" [no-answer]. Joe, who made the cages? [no-answer]

:-)
    I missed the whole thing but I was wondering why he was keeping his powder dry on this little gem.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 09:181 edit
    @cheesemaster said
    We don't care who pays for it.
    When you say “we” you mean your alleged fellow Canadians...right?

Stick to just being a doofus, because being a liar and a doofus is too complex for you mate 😆
  5. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 09:56
    @athousandyoung said
    That's like Jared Loughner blaming gun manufacturers for Gabby getting shot. "Who made the guns, Gabby? Who made the guns?"
    That analogy makes no sense.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 10:18
    Striking that Trump couldn't articulate a single policy proposal that would address the various issues and problems facing the country.

He literally has no idea what to do.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 10:471 edit
    @no1marauder said
    Striking that Trump couldn't articulate a single policy proposal that would address the various issues and problems facing the country.

That's literally the party platform: "whatever Trump wants this week... we're good with it."
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 12:14
    @shavixmir said
    The parents were deported to where they came from. The kids were locked in cages (and then I presume given to social services).

The US didn’t keep track of the parents. The pandemic has made finding the parents (and matching them) even more difficult than usual.

The regions the parents were deported to aren’t the most bureaucratic of areas. And, quite presumably, many ...[text shortened]... bies in 2017/18.
    So if the documentation is screwed, then it’s very difficult for recognition, etc.
    where do you find that the parents were ever in the US to start with?
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 12:221 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    where do you find that the parents were ever in the US to start with?
    What does "the government separated the children from their parents" mean to you?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_administration_family_separation_policy
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 12:23
    @athousandyoung said
    That's like Jared Loughner blaming gun manufacturers for Gabby getting shot. "Who made the guns, Gabby? Who made the guns?"
    Thousand...its not like that at all
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 12:26
    @handyandy said
    Who permanently separated children from their parents?
    Handy deflects with this, goes off of what Thousand brought up. Typical. Thousand asks a straight question about cage construction, Handy writes about children. Another issue. Am I the only one that picks up on this tactic ?
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 12:27
    @suzianne said
    Ok, genius.

YOU go find their parents.
    Perhaps their parents should be looking for them.
    It seems they are disposable children because they can have more. Would you just leave your child there?
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 12:28
    @shavixmir said
    The parents didn’t make those laws.
    And the parents don’t choose to be illegal aliens (which, unless you’re talking about Jabba da Hutt in an underage sex club, is a term which should be banned).

Ultimately, you are correct, those cages should not have been made. But more to the point: they should never have been used.

And trump ordered them used. And now there’s 50 ...[text shortened]... can’t be reunited with their parents.
    And that, my friend, is a crime of international proportions.
    The parents didn't choose to be illegal. I can't believe I am reading that. I cannot IMAGINE being a liberal.
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 12:31
    @suzianne said
    Ok, genius.

YOU go find their parents.
    Should not the parents find their own children? They, who put them in harms way?
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    23 Oct '20 12:37
    @no1marauder said

Funny you say that, when Trump accomplished all he did, and came through on EVERY promise except for having a finished Mexico-paid wall, which is still in progress (400 miles). I am sure you are aware that had the virus not hit, this election would be a slam dunk, each family getting richer and more prosperous.

A bit weak, your saying 'He has not idea what to do'. And, Can anyone tell us how Biden is so rich on a senator's salary.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree