1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 May '21 23:00
    @averagejoe1 said
    Marauder. Elizabeth Warren Bernie Sanders and the Cortez women own Joe Biden. The example of the day is that they attack the drug makers and take their vaccine patents away and use them at their own discretion to share with anyone.
    Marauder.....THIS is totalitarian.
    Please write back and tell us how this is not totalitarianism. Please?
    I suggest you buy a dictionary and look up what "totalitarian" means.

The US Constitution specifically grants to Congress the power to grant or limit patents as it sees fit. Article I, Section 8, clause 8.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 May '21 23:02
    @averagejoe1 said
    Their marching, their intent, their 'canceling' ia totalitarian, Marauder. Not their receiving appropriate jail sentences.. Did you know that a recent President of the United States has been banned for exercising his right of free speech on one of the liberal platforms? You won't believe it, can't send you a link right now.
    You have no "right to free speech" on someone else's platform.

Yes, supporting arresting anyone who dares to demonstrate against policies you like makes you a fascist totalitarian.
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    08 May '21 11:35
    @no1marauder said
    You call somebody else "totalitarian" but you want to sig the US military on its own People?
    All I see from you and Metal Brain is support for these anarchists. It is that simple. If they decapitated an old lady in the street, tell us what you would think about that. If I were King, and found that you were supporting the basterds, yes, I would sic the military on you. You think the military exists only to fight in other lands? Naaa, it is to keep the peace, to quell uprisings. Like Maruaders 'in the streets'. Sickeining.
    Your take on 'free speech on some platform', which is technically correct, is funny coming from you, because we all know that you would hypocritically be real upset if Biden or Castro and all of your other heroes were denied speech on Twitter. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.
    Well, get on out the door and see what free goodies you can get from the government. Sickening.
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 May '21 12:28
    @mott-the-hoople said
    terrorism i call it.
    State terrorism couldn’t agree more.
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    08 May '21 13:01
    @kevcvs57 said
    What state, Kev? Or, are you speaking in Marx-speak? "The State!"
    CREEPY.
  6. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    08 May '21 13:20
    @kevcvs57 said
    For people that are terrified of the police they don't seem to have any problem attacking cops and throwing bricks, paint bombs and Molotov cocktails at them without fear of reprisal..
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    08 May '21 14:15
    @dood111 said
    For people that are terrified of the police they don't seem to have any problem attacking cops and throwing bricks, paint bombs and Molotov cocktails at them without fear of reprisal..
    .....OR requesting them for protection as did that Maxine Waters creature hen she visited """ The Street" last month,...... they rely on the police every day. Just like the libs in this forum who would like to defund (Fire? Get rid of?) the police. Really?
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 May '21 14:23
    @averagejoe1 said
    All I see from you and Metal Brain is support for these anarchists. It is that simple. If they decapitated an old lady in the street, tell us what you would think about that. If I were King, and found that you were supporting the basterds, yes, I would sic the military on you. You think the military exists only to fight in other lands? Naaa, it is to keep the peace, to ...[text shortened]... Well, get on out the door and see what free goodies you can get from the government. Sickening.
    If you're upset about FB's decision, don't use it.

The rest is raving; the US has a law forbidding the military from being used for domestic law enforcement. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

The US has 800,000 police officers; that's more than enough to enforce the law. https://nleomf.org/facts-figures/law-enforcement-facts Not enough to quash all political movements you don't like, however.
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 May '21 15:10
    @no1marauder said
    If you're upset about FB's decision, don't use it.

The rest is raving; the US has a law forbidding the military from being used for domestic law enforcement. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

The US has 800,000 police officers; that's more than enough to enforce the law. https://nleomf.org/facts-figures/law-enforcement-facts Not enough to quash all political movements you don't like, however.
    the facebook issue is not a free speech issue, it is an equal rights issue.

What is it with liberals that dont like police? Liberal activist are ruining cities as we speak. People are fleeing california in droves because of liberal policies.
  10. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    08 May '21 15:18
    @no1marauder said
    That law can be over ridden in times of emergency , it has been many times in the past.
    When the police can no longer handle domestic situations do you really want to see the Army and National Guard take over like they had to do in Washington DC??
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 May '21 15:29
    @dood111 said
    That law can be over ridden in times of emergency , it has been many times in the past.
    When the police can no longer handle domestic situations do you really want to see the Army and National Guard take over like they had to do in Washington DC??
    thats just marerider lying by omission.

the army national guard can be used for domestic policing.
  12. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    08 May '21 15:37
    @mott-the-hoople said

Hell's Bell's President Washington had to lead the American Army against citizens to put down the Whiskey Rebellion..
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 May '21 15:42
    @dood111 said
    There was, and is no "emergency" justifying the use of Federal troops due to BLM protests. The violence that followed some such protests were relatively minor compared to past instances of urban unrest such as in Detroit and other cities in the 1960s and in LA after the Rodney King verdict.

It is interesting to see you "small government" types want to use the Federal military against the People, though.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 May '21 15:42
    @dood111 said
    Hell's Bell's President Washington had to lead the American Army against citizens to put down the Whiskey Rebellion..
    You do realize that was long before the Posse Comitatus Act was passed?
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 May '21 15:45
    @mott-the-hoople said

Not when they are federalized thus my point is accurate:

"National Guard units, state defense forces, and naval militias[17] while under the authority of the governor of a state. However, when the National Guard is federalized under 10 U.S.C. § 12406, that shifts control from the state governor to the President, making Guard operations subject to the Posse Comitatus Act as well."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree