1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 14:17
    After reading about Margaret Sanger I have concluded that Kanye West is not crazy. He is bombastic, but not crazy.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/02/22/pro-life-racist-margaret-sanger-planned-parenthood/
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 14:321 edit
    This was covered before on this forum. Ultimately, it doesn't matter; the Founding Fathers of the U.S. were slave owners who didn't give women equal rights. That doesn't mean the country should still agree with that. Same with Planned Parenthood.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 14:351 edit
    @vivify said
    This was covered before on this forum. Ultimately, it doesn't matter; the Founding Fathers of the U.S. were slave owners who didn't give women equal rights. That doesn't mean the country should still agree with that. Same with Planned Parenthood.
    Careful vivify. You are countering your own arguments of institutional racism?? The racism is built in to the planned parenthood system.
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 14:47
    @metal-brain said
    After reading about Margaret Sanger I have concluded that Kanye West is not crazy. He is bombastic, but not crazy.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/02/22/pro-life-racist-margaret-sanger-planned-parenthood/
    If they asked me to guess which regular poster did not think Kanye West is mentally ill I would have had you at the very top of my list. MB
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 14:48
    @joe-shmo said
    Careful vivify. You are countering your own arguments of institutional racism?? The racism is built in to the planned parenthood system.
    In what sense?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 14:513 edits
    @kevcvs57 said
    In what sense?
    In every sense. It was the founders mission to control the population growth of the African American. The central tenet on which it was built is racism. Killing predominantly black children is still racist action to this very day! I suppose you've never heard the expression keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer!
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 14:52
    @vivify said
    This isn't about anything 200+ years ago. Kazetnagorra had lobbied the moderator to censor someone's post by claiming the daily caller was a racist website. This was based merely on a couple of writers being racists. That doesn't prove the daily caller is a racist publication, but if he thinks it does then Planned Parenthood is by his own criteria.
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 18:46
    @vivify said
    True, true, but aren't the WOKE people of cancel culture destroying statues of the founding fathers?

Just say "yes", viv. thank you.
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 19:42
    @metal-brain said
    This isn't about anything 200+ years ago. Kazetnagorra had lobbied the moderator to censor someone's post by claiming the daily caller was a racist website. This was based merely on a couple of writers being racists. That doesn't prove the daily caller is a racist publication, but if he thinks it does then Planned Parenthood is by his own criteria.
    I have found that most liberals are are not a trustworthy type.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 20:10
    @earl-of-trumps said
    True, true, but aren't the WOKE people of cancel culture destroying statues of the founding fathers?

Yes. Feel free to destroy any statues of Margaret Sanger you wish.

Thank you.
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 20:16
    @joe-shmo said
    In every sense. It was the founders mission to control the population growth of the African American. The central tenet on which it was built is racism. Killing predominantly black children is still racist action to this very day! I suppose you've never heard the expression keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer!
    What a convoluted way to say "I hate abortion".
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 21:201 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said

News flash: Republicans aren't "woke".

And no one is "destroying statues of the founding fathers".

Confederate "heroes" aren't founding fathers.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 21:24
    @vivify said
    What a convoluted way to say "I hate abortion".
    No. It's a convoluted way of refusing to allow women sovereignty over their own bodies.
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 21:50
    Just some statistics I looked up.
    Globally.....
    Births so far this year. 102 million
    Abortions so far this year. 31 million

At present, abortions are considered a form of birth control.
    And judging from the ongoing debates, far from perfect.

A couple of thoughts...
    - reproductive technology needs to improve. And it will.
    - the rate of new births is unsustainable in terms of population growth.
    Global population has passed 7.8 billion recently.

Abortions are a direct consequence of unplanned (unwanted) pregnancies.
    I would think that 50 years from now, abortion may be viewed as a barbaric practice from the distant past.
    Humanity might be better served if a more constructive approach to improving human reproductive technology was adopted.

Religious doctrine, characterized by cries of baby killing and a patriarchal approach to women’s place in society and punctuated by an endless fear of human sexuality, does little to properly address the problem.

Unfortunately, it might be wishful thinking to assume that the SCOTUS will approach the issue with an eye to the future.
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 21:58
    @mghrn55 said
    Just some statistics I looked up.
    Globally.....
    Births so far this year. 102 million
    Abortions so far this year. 31 million

At present, abortions are considered a form of birth control.
    And judging from the ongoing debates, far from perfect.

A couple of thoughts...
    - reproductive technology needs to improve. And it will.
    - the rate of new births is unsustainable ...[text shortened]... ght be wishful thinking to assume that the SCOTUS will approach the issue with an eye to the future.
    with todays medical advancement, there is no excuse for an unwanted pregnancy outside of rape, and then a fetus should not be allowed to develop if unwanted.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree