NYT Employees Harass Editor into Quitting

NYT Employees Harass Editor into Quitting

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
15 Jul 20
1 edit

So sad, but this is but an example of the extremes that liberal
leftists have now gone. What ever happened to the Party of
"Tolerance" and "Inclusion"?

Bari Weiss on why she left the New York Times

Weiss, one of the few centrist voices at The Times, said she faced bullying at the paper for her views, and that the free exchange of ideas on the opinion pages was now dead. The search for truth has been replaced by “orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else.”

And then there is racism, as well.
They have called me a Nazi and a racist; I have learned to brush off comments about how I’m “writing about the Jews again.”

It is clear to me, and has been for some time now, the political
left has turned into people that are as narrow minded as an
orthodox religionist and has no tolerance for any view that dares
to venture outside their strict lines.

Moreover, modern day leftists seem to be violent in attitude and
it leaves one to wonder if we are safe to be in arms length with
such people.

America, unfortunately, is at a crossroads. We are leaving a time
when people tolerated and accepted each other and are left
with a rising political juggernaut that will rule with an iron fist, and
will change us forever from a nation of laws to a nation of men.

Leftists, America's Neo Nazis.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/14/bari-weiss-on-why-she-left-the-new-york-times/

D

Moves
15 Jul 20

The malignant leftist media is trying to kill free speech and free thought if it doesn't fit their agenda.
And they are winning.
Time for the right to fight back.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
15 Jul 20

@Dood111

I wish. I'm afraid the right is too complacent, to peacenick.

Although they have been rocked into stocking up on guns. Records broken.

https://apnews.com/8ddad3189eb8864e9ae6b123e09b6900

Historic numbers of background checks to purchase or possess a firearm were done in June, a trend in a year marked by uncertainty over the coronavirus pandemic, a subsequent economic recession, protests over racial injustice and calls to reduce police funding.

rain

Moves
15 Jul 20
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
Leftists, America's Neo Nazis.
You do realize that *actual* neo-Nazis are on the right, correct? And that white nationalists and the KKK are also on the right?

If neo-Nazis bother you and you're not just using them for name calling, shouldn't you be attacking conservatives? After all, who's less inclusive than than whites supremacists, which are common among conservatives?

Trump's senior adviser, Stephen Miller, was caught sending hundreds of white supremacist emails to Breitbart; do you care? Have you (or ANY) conservatives called for Miller to be removed?

Do you care about what you've posted or are you just conjuring up insincere attacks against liberals because that's what you've been programmed to do by the right?

rain

Moves
15 Jul 20
1 edit

Remember when you started a thread attacking the left because a random liberal wore blackface...even though it was pointed out hordes of conservatives do the same?

You weren't the least bit critical or ashamed of your side when multiple examples of conservatives in blackface was pointed out. You just laughed it off and abandoned that thread.

It seems you don't actually believe what you claim about liberals or even care about racism, tolerance, etc. They're just props to bolster your side.

m

Moves
15 Jul 20

@earl-of-trumps said

[quote]Weiss, one of the few centrist voices at The Times, said she faced bullying at the paper for her views, and that the free exchange of ideas on the opi ...[text shortened]... erica's Neo Nazis.

It wasn’t the “leftists” shouting “Jews will not replace us” and “Blood and Soil” in Charlottesville.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
15 Jul 20

don't the right all carry guns?
preparing for the lawlessness to come?
big 2nd amendment fans?
stocking the flames everywhere?
hardly peaceniks

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
15 Jul 20
2 edits

@vivify

You do realize that *actual* neo-Nazis are on the right, correct? And that white nationalists and the KKK are also on the right?

The only difference between NeoNazis on the right and NeoNazis on the left
is the ideology they are intolerant to - that, and their sheer numbers and the
influence that they have in the media and the congress. We know what the
KKK and white supremacists are very limited in power, the left scares the
crap out of me.

If neo-Nazis bother you and you're not just using them for name calling, shouldn't you be attacking conservatives? After all, who's less inclusive than than whites supremacists, which are common among conservatives?

I have always been against those people and always will be. I never suspect
them to be any kind of threat to win elections, either. "The Squad" members,
as an example have made some rather racist and vile remarks. Ilhan Omar:
In February, Omar tweeted, “It’s all about the Benjamins baby,” suggesting (falsely) that a pro-Israel group, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), bribed members of Congress to support Israel. The implication was that Jews were using money to control Congress. Omar apologized for that tweet, but went on, a few weeks later, to claim that pro-Israel members of Congress owed “allegiance to a foreign country.” The chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, a fellow Democrat, called her statement a “vile antisemitic slur,” but she refused to apologize.
Now try to show me a KKK-er that is in congress, since D Robert Byrd!

Trump's senior adviser, Stephen Miller, was caught sending hundreds of white supremacist emails to Breitbart; do you care? Have you (or ANY) conservatives called for Miller to be removed?

Of course I care. Does he and/or Breitbart deny it? Never heard of this.

Do you care about what you've posted or are you just conjuring up insincere attacks against liberals because that's what you've been programmed to do by the right?

Guess. I'll give you a hint. Nobody "programs" me.

And you can read the article by Wiess yourself. It's clear that she worked with
vile, racist bully people. You raise decent points, I hope I addressed them to your
satisfaction

Summing it up, I do not fear the KKK et al to ever gain political power in America. I fear the leftist juggernaut.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
15 Jul 20

@earl-of-trumps said
@vivify

The only difference between NeoNazis on the right and NeoNazis on the left
is the ideology they are intolerant to - that, and their sheer numbers and the
influence that they have in the media and the congress. We k ...[text shortened]... I do not fear the KKK et al to ever gain political power in America. I fear the leftist juggernaut.
There are no neo-nazis on the left.
It’s a contradiction.

So stop it.
You’re spouting absurd American lies, believed only by ignorant inbreds hell-bent on using the internet to evangelicalise their stupidity, fear and hatred.

Just stop it.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
15 Jul 20

@vivify said
Remember when you started a thread attacking the left because a random liberal wore blackface...even though it was pointed out hordes of conservatives do the same?

You weren't the least bit critical or ashamed of your side when multiple examples of conservatives in blackface was pointed out. You just laughed it off and abandoned that thread.

It seems you don't actually ...[text shortened]... about liberals or even care about racism, tolerance, etc. They're just props to bolster your side.
I don't think there is a thing wrong with wearing black face. It is an expression.
Freedom of speech, ya know?

What I was trying to do was show liberals in complete contradiction. it worked!

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
15 Jul 20

@mghrn55 said
It wasn’t the “leftists” shouting “Jews will not replace us” and “Blood and Soil” in Charlottesville.
But elected members of Congress, "The Squad" have all made anti-Semitic statements

That is far more dangerous

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
15 Jul 20

@lemondrop

don't the right all carry guns?
preparing for the lawlessness to come?
big 2nd amendment fans?

yes, yes, and yes.

stocking the flames everywhere?
hardly peaceniks

Not sure about stocking or stoking. They are slow-mo reactionaries. Getting ready

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
15 Jul 20
1 edit

@shavixmir

Ok, for you I'll amend it.
How about "Bolsheviks"? ... "Maoists"...?

Ah, dang it, how about violent people?

Planet Rain

Moves
15 Jul 20

@earl-of-trumps said

[quote]Weiss, one of the few centrist voices at The Times, said she faced bullying at the paper for her views, and that the free exchange of ideas on the opi ...[text shortened]... erica's Neo Nazis.

Do you ever actually read the New York Times?

Planet Rain

Moves
15 Jul 20

@earl-of-trumps said
I don't think there is a thing wrong with wearing black face. It is an expression.
Freedom of speech, ya know?
Sure it is. And has anyone ever been jailed for wearing black face?

Mm hm. That's right. Go ahead and wear it. But like with any speech, be prepared for societal consequences.

We all live in a society. I guess I should have mentioned that first.