1. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 15:36
    @averagejoe1 said
    No, you are quite wrong. They are depressed,.. statistics attached in this link. It is a list of countries high on anti-depressant drugs. Note that USA does not appear on this list. Note further that these countries do:
    Sweden
    Denmark
    Sweden
    Norway
    Netherlands

https://www.statista.com/statistics/283072/antidepressant-consumption-in-selected-countries/
    Compare them to Africa today:
    YouTube
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 15:43
    @teinosuke said
    The space race? Who cares? As the great Norwegian playwright, Henrik Ibsen, wrote: "What business has science and capitalism got, bringing all these new inventions into the works, before society has produced a generation educated up to using them?"
    you are able to post on this form because of such ideas as this...I remember when people like you were making fun of a strange invention called the internet
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 16:11
    @teinosuke said
    The space race? Who cares? As the great Norwegian playwright, Henrik Ibsen, wrote: "What business has science and capitalism got, bringing all these new inventions into the works, before society has produced a generation educated up to using them?"
    Tuni, you make my point about what losers those people are. This character, Henrik........shall he be our new mentor? I think my next post will be titled "What's it like to be a liberal?" Anyway, welcome to their club.
  4. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 16:11
    @averagejoe1 said
    How many inventions occurred where the populace said 'who cares'! Anyone care to name a few,,,,,how about the stupid gasoline-powered carriage!!!!

But anyway, how 'bout them Nordics. Why, they are in the news every day!!!
    I could live without the gasoline-powered carriage - I don't drive myself - time spent on a train or bus is time to read rather than time wasted behind a wheel. The environment could certainly do without it, too, as could the hundreds of thousands killed every year in road accidents across the world.
  5. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 16:12
    @averagejoe1 said
    Tuni, you make my point about what losers those people are. This character, Henrik........shall he be our new mentor? I think my next post will be titled "What's it like to be a liberal?" Anyway, welcome to their club.
    Ibsen was a very wise man. But I'd prefer to live by the Gospel according to Tolstoy.
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 16:13
    @Teinosuke Like I said , what's it like to be a liberal. You've already started answering!!!!!
  7. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 16:14
    @mott-the-hoople said
    you are able to post on this form because of such ideas as this...I remember when people like you were making fun of a strange invention called the internet
    I know - terrible waste of time; I've been trying to stay off the forums for precisely that reason. We managed perfectly well without the internet until 25 years ago, and its main achievement has been to make us all stupider and angrier.
  8. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 16:191 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    A true conservative SHOULD forget space travel? Au contrare' it should be the exact opposite. Winners/conservatives don't dwell on pretty towns, what with all that is going on. A Norwegian would hang there for weeks with his frisbee........I will be ready to get back to work!!!!
    The pretty towns - but above all, the social organisations they embody - are what a true conservative should aspire to conserve. Conservatives should value tradition, community, the values and norms we have inherited from our ancestors. Conservatives should oppose change.

Lord Salisbury, leader of the British Conservative Party and Prime Minister c.1900: "Whatever happens will be for the worse, and therefore it is in our interest that as little should happen as possible."

Evelyn Waugh, writer: "“The trouble with the Conservative Party is that it has never put the clock back a single second.”
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 17:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 17:19
    @teinosuke said
    I know - terrible waste of time; I've been trying to stay off the forums for precisely that reason. We managed perfectly well without the internet until 25 years ago, and its main achievement has been to make us all stupider and angrier.
    IF YOU CONSIDER IT A WASTE OF TIME, WHY ARE YOU HERE?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 17:251 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 17:451 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Of course they can't. But why beef up military when, #1, they can give stuff for free to the populace, and #2, the USA will defend them if Russia or China make a move to annex or conquer them. Why does ANY country bother to have a strong military when the USA is around.
    So, while we have to defend everyone, we can't give money and food to poor and losers. But the thing is,,,,,,,WE DO!! We just print money and then we can do both!!! We had to stop some growth while awaiting Trump to provide all the vaccines (operation Warp Speed, created by Trump), but we are now back on track.
    I know for a fact that 2 of the posters here, foreigners, received vaccines that were produced in the USA....By RICH people.

Edit: I know, I know, I promised to not mention Trump in posting, but sometimes I can't resist reminding you all what a great president he was.
  13. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 18:19
    @mott-the-hoople said
    IF YOU CONSIDER IT A WASTE OF TIME, WHY ARE YOU HERE?
    Well, occasional light relief / mild addiction. We'd all be better off without it, though.
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 18:39
    @teinosuke said
    Well, occasional light relief / mild addiction. We'd all be better off without it, though.
    You are a regular sage.
  15. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 18:48
    @dood111 said
    Well the Nordic citizens of Oslo sure are happy as fkuc:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38bTqJwjkHI
    Ahhh yes, white privilege, for sure

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree