1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 14:24
    What do they do there, anyway? Anything other than be so happy? I sorta like living in a country that is winning the space race. Do the Nordics race anything other than ice-skates? Why would any USA poster of liberal persuasion want to be like Norway?
    Sorry, don't mean to ruffle feathers.
  2. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 14:33
    Well the Nordic citizens of Oslo sure are happy as fkuc:
    YouTube
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 14:36
    @averagejoe1 said
    What do they do there, anyway? Anything other than be so happy? I sorta like living in a country that is winning the space race. Do the Nordics race anything other than ice-skates? Why would any USA poster of liberal persuasion want to be like Norway?
    Sorry, don't mean to ruffle feathers.
    Are you sure your winning the space race China seems to be doing quite well on that front. Perhaps you should stop thinking of it as a crude winner takes all race and celebrate the achievement on a species level.
    Richard Branson a badly bearded Anglo twerp was in space for about 5 minutes recently 🤷🏻‍♂️
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 14:442 edits
    They eat Danishes Swedish Meatballs and Swedish Fish along with their salted cod and the blood of their Celtic victims. They laugh heartily and drink mead wearing spiked helmets waving comically large battle axes as they dance in their long houses (well furnished by IKEA) trading stories of Krakens and Greenland.
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 14:461 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    Are you sure your winning the space race China seems to be doing quite well on that front. Perhaps you should stop thinking of it as a crude winner takes all race and celebrate the achievement on a species level.
    Richard Branson a badly bearded Anglo twerp was in space for about 5 minutes recently 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Don't you fellers just hate it, Kev. Jealousy, maybe? And what DO the happy people of Norway do? Love your comfortable use of the word 'species', you sound like Duchess. Creepy. And frankly, ole AvJoe does not understand that sentence.
    And we yanks do INDEED think of winning, we are winners. What are Nords? Do you know that some people here want us to be like them!?!/? Yeah, China right in there, they think like winners. But let's not forget about UK soccer. International news for sure.
  6. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 14:50
    @averagejoe1 said
    What do they do there, anyway? Anything other than be so happy? I sorta like living in a country that is winning the space race. Do the Nordics race anything other than ice-skates?
    The space race? Who cares? As the great Norwegian playwright, Henrik Ibsen, wrote: "What business has science and capitalism got, bringing all these new inventions into the works, before society has produced a generation educated up to using them?"
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 14:52
    @averagejoe1 said
    Don't you fellers just hate it, Kev. Jealousy, maybe? And what DO the happy people of Norway do? Love your comfortable use of the word 'species', you sound like Duchess. Creepy. And frankly, ole AvJoe does not understand that sentence.
    And we yanks do INDEED think of winning, we are winners. What are Nords? Do you know that some people here want us to be like them ...[text shortened]... there, they think like winners. But let's not forget about UK soccer. International news for sure.
    No I just think your an idiot who says idiotic things. You just happen to be American though joe idiots are everywhere.
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 14:56
    @averagejoe1 said
    And we yanks do INDEED think of winning, we are winners. What are Nords? Do you know that some people here want us to be like them ...[text shortened]... there, they think like winners. But let's not forget about UK soccer. International news for sure.
    What idiot wouldn’t want to be like them given how well they always score on the happiness / contentment scale. Yeah sorry I forgot about your idiot status, you can’t even spell Football correctly.
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 15:00
    @kevcvs57 said
    No I just think your an idiot who says idiotic things. You just happen to be American though joe idiots are everywhere.
    Yeah, a little jealousy showing indeed. I am planning a little driving trip for my wife to drive thru the Cotswalds, little precious antique towns like Wotton-on-Edge, Sheptons Mallet, Stow-on-the-Wold, et al. I guess that is your big thing, except for producing Churchill.? What else is in the works?
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 15:12
    @averagejoe1 said
    Yeah, a little jealousy showing indeed. I am planning a little driving trip for my wife to drive thru the Cotswalds, little precious antique towns like Wotton-on-Edge, Sheptons Mallet, Stow-on-the-Wold, et al. I guess that is your big thing, except for producing Churchill.? What else is in the works?
    We produced you so anything else is a step up I suppose
  11. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 15:14
    @averagejoe1 said
    Averagejoe1, you are supposed to be a conservative. Those little towns in the Cotswolds are not only beautiful, but also bastions of real conservative values - small, tight-knit communities organised around the parish church, the local pub and the village shop. Any true conservative should forget about space travel and focus on preserving and sustaining those kind of down-to-earth places.
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 15:19
    @teinosuke said
    The space race? Who cares? As the great Norwegian playwright, Henrik Ibsen, wrote: "What business has science and capitalism got, bringing all these new inventions into the works, before society has produced a generation educated up to using them?"
    Ha. How many inventions occurred where the populace said 'who cares'! Anyone care to name a few,,,,,how about the stupid gasoline-powered carriage!!!!
    Tunisoke, your great grandkids will be travelling in a spin-off from today's rocket. Nuclear powered, of course, no fuel.

But anyway, how 'bout them Nordics. Why, they are in the news every day!!!
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 15:25
    @kevcvs57 said
    What idiot wouldn’t want to be like them given how well they always score on the happiness / contentment scale. Yeah sorry I forgot about your idiot status, you can’t even spell Football correctly.
    No, you are quite wrong. They are depressed,.. statistics attached in this link. It is a list of countries high on anti-depressant drugs. Note that USA does not appear on this list. Note further that these countries do:
    Sweden
    Denmark
    Sweden
    Norway
    Netherlands

https://www.statista.com/statistics/283072/antidepressant-consumption-in-selected-countries/
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 15:32
    @teinosuke said
    Averagejoe1, you are supposed to be a conservative. Those little towns in the Cotswolds are not only beautiful, but also bastions of real conservative values - small, tight-knit communities organised around the parish church, the local pub and the village shop. Any true conservative should forget about space travel and focus on preserving and sustaining those kind of down-to-earth places.
    Absolutely ,,,been there. You are correct, that is why I am taking her. And we enjoy all the TV fare depicting these villages, like Father Brown, Ms Marple, Lovejoy, etc. But the gist of this thread is countries who can (can't, actually) match what the USA does. Yet y'all continue to stuff those countries down our throats.
    A true conservative SHOULD forget space travel? Au contrare' it should be the exact opposite. Winners/conservatives don't dwell on pretty towns, what with all that is going on. A Norwegian would hang there for weeks with his frisbee........I will be ready to get back to work!!!!
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 15:34
    @kevcvs57 said
    We produced you so anything else is a step up I suppose
    Now now, Kev, you are sounding curiously exactly like Handy Andy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree