1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 Sep '20 13:57
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Kev, #1 - America has had robberies by men in stores with motorcycle helmets
    on. The cop mentioned that to the perp in the video that it has happened twice
    near his jurisdiction. People take this strange intrusion quite seriously.

But besides all that, the manager told the guy to leave and for good reason,
    as the perps presence was disturbing customers and wor ...[text shortened]... That's when the manager called the police.

The police did their job. No dust up, just their job.
    I wore a crash helmet for years and if he had his apple earpods in he would genuinely struggle to hear someone from behind. It’s not about what the store manager said or thought it’s about how the police handled the situation once they took control. Another example of over reaction when all they had to do was explain why they were called and get him to remove his helmet. If Walmart want to ban him and lose business that’s their prerogative, but to remove the guys boots and socks in the street and bundle him cuffed into the back of the car is harassment and an ego driven power play, it’s why cops have a bad name in some quarters.
    There was simply no need to do what they did. I don’t think you guys realise how out of control your cops are. When you lose the trust and respect of the public you serve you’ve only got your gun left.
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 Sep '20 14:011 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    you failed to answer my question...why?
    Yeah I did, but I’ll try again He WASN'T AGITATING he was shopping.
    As I’ve said to earl Walmart business is Walmart’s business. My personal opinion is the Manager is a jerk who was too pansy to do his job and confront the guy, he let him get through the till, how does that work?
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '20 15:31
    @kevcvs57 said
    Yeah I did, but I’ll try again He WASN'T AGITATING he was shopping.
    As I’ve said to earl Walmart business is Walmart’s business. My personal opinion is the Manager is a jerk who was too pansy to do his job and confront the guy, he let him get through the till, how does that work?
    manager did confront the guy
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Sep '20 15:47
    @eladar said
    So all the guy had to do was take the helmet off.

That is the problem we have in this country. A simple request is denied, which leads to escalation. People believe they have the right to escalate while the police should sit there as targets.

Idiots support this stuff. Then others feel the need to stop the problems because the police will not.

People like the person who started this thread are to blame.
    Was your opinion the same when it was armed Texans excersising their right to carry semi-automatic machineguns into restaurants?
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    09 Sep '20 16:39
    @wolfgang59

You want truly insane policing, try this.

Hint: It's not in the US:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1303662968777793537
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    09 Sep '20 19:58
    @sh76 - ... If the store manager really did go up to him 5 or 6 times, get in his face and loudly ask him to remove his helmet (as he claims)...

No, sh76, he claims he told the guy to LEAVE 5 or 6 times, not remove the helmet.
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    09 Sep '20 20:03
    @kevcvs57 said
    I wore a crash helmet for years and if he had his apple earpods in he would genuinely struggle to hear someone from behind. It’s not about what the store manager said or thought it’s about how the police handled the situation once they took control. Another example of over reaction when all they had to do was explain why they were called and get him to remove his helmet. If ...[text shortened]... cops are. When you lose the trust and respect of the public you serve you’ve only got your gun left.
    I disagree, Kev. this is not the "good old days" when wearing a helmet in a place
    of business would not create a stir. this is today and such people often bring
    harm with them. A shooter, perhaps.

The manager asked the guy to leave "5 or 6 times" - a charge the man did not
    rebuff. So he is trespassing and that is against the law.

Sorry that American people get so upset with such people but this is today, not yesterday.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Sep '20 13:02
    @sh76 said
    @wolfgang59

Hint: It's not in the US:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1303662968777793537
    That woman broke the law. The examples coming from the USA involve people punished for nothing - often killed for nothing. Yeah your example is obnoxious but not as bad as what happened to this motorcycle rider.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Sep '20 13:03
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I disagree, Kev. this is not the "good old days" when wearing a helmet in a place
    of business would not create a stir. this is today and such people often bring
    harm with them. A shooter, perhaps.

The manager asked the guy to leave "5 or 6 times" - a charge the man did not
    rebuff. So he is trespassing and that is against the law.

Sorry that American people get so upset with such people but this is today, not yesterday.
    This is the age of COVID and people are required to have a face mask. A motorcycle helmet is a good face mask!
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    11 Sep '20 18:182 edits
    @athousandyoung said
    This is the age of COVID and people are required to have a face mask. A motorcycle helmet is a good face mask!
    Try walking into a bank with a motorcycle helmet on - or enter a church. Good luck!!

This isn't 1957, athousandyoung.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    13 Sep '20 08:03
    @athousandyoung said
    https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-17/far-right-boogaloo-boys-linked-to-killing-of-california-lawmen-other-violence

If the cops don't get their act together they will be killed by the People.

[youtube F the Police]Z7-TTWgiYL4[/youtube]
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/compton-ambush-leaves-2-la-county-sheriffs-deputies-fighting-for-their-lives

YouTube : NWA Straight Outta Compton
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Sep '20 08:41
    @sh76 said
    @wolfgang59
    I don't so I didn't bother looking at your link.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 06:00
    @athousandyoung said
    https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-17/far-right-boogaloo-boys-linked-to-killing-of-california-lawmen-other-violence

If the cops don't get their act together they will be killed by the People.

[youtube F the Police]Z7-TTWgiYL4[/youtube]
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/two-police-officers-shot-amid-louisville-protests-over-breonna-taylor-ruling/ar-BB19mCJx?ocid=msedgntp

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree