1. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 May '22 17:31
    @sleepyguy said
    Yes. I must have scrolled past it in error. Your point?
    No point, simply an observation....
    There a problem?
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 May '22 17:52
    @sleepyguy said
    Somehow I missed this post yesterday.

The problem with your argument is that you ARBITRARILY withdraw natural rights from the fetus so that you can rush to protect the natural rights of the mother. SO WHAT if Nature "decided" a non-viable fetus needs the mother to survive? Did not Nature also decide the baby needs her help after it is born? Human babies are hardly more v ...[text shortened]... arents. Your wish to erase that obligation at some magic point before birth is completely arbitrary.
    "you ARBITRARILY withdraw natural rights from the fetus so that you can rush to protect the natural rights of the mother."
    It's not arbitrary, you dingus. You can't deprive me of my rights to donate a kidney to a relative. You can't force me to donate blood. And in those cases we are talking about actual humans, not basically parasites.

You can't even take organs from a corpse without that individual giving permission prior to death.

"Did not Nature also decide the baby needs her help after it is born? Human babies are hardly more viable outside the womb than in in the early going"
    Your knowledge of biology and the word "hardly " is laughable.

That's a case of conscious decision. One chooses to become a parent. Of one doesn't, the human being (actual human being) is given for adoption because, surprise surprise, it IS actually viable when a fetus isn't.

"Human beings are obligated BY NATURE to nurture and protect them"
    Lol, no. Wtf are you talking about. Nature at most rewards parents with a bunch of happy drugs for caring for the little imp, but if one makes the easy decision, they can walk away. Something that humans often and easily do. OBLIGATED? (in all caps even, funny). Whatever you're smoking, quit, it's destroying you brain

"Your wish to erase that obligation at some magic point before birth is completely arbitrary."
    Fine, let's humor you for a sec. It's an obligation and we can't terminate it before birth.
    What about after? Child needs a kidney, the mother is the only one viable. Do you force her to donate? As in make a law. What about blood transfusion? Should a mother be required to donate blood?

Let's take it further. The pregnancy is often dangerous to the mother. Do you likewise force a mother to donate blood twice in a row? How about both kidneys? I don't know what kind of religious freak are you but some of these don't allow abortion even when the mother's life is at risk. Applying the same logic you use when forcing a woman to carry a pregnancy that would kill her, you would have no problem forcing her to give up both her kidneys. Her heart. Her liver.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 May '22 18:49
    @averagejoe1 said
    A 28-week old fetus has been born as a baby!!!…, and lived healthily.
    So to answer EVERYONE here, it is a baby at 28 weeks. Jesus. Libs. Try thinking on your own???
    You must not own any stock in dictionary publishers.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 May '22 18:591 edit
    @vivify said
    They work if the egg hasn't been fertilized prior to taking the pill. As mentioned before, an egg can be fertilized within a half-hour after sex; if that happens, the pill is not effective.

The *average* time it takes for an egg to be fertizlied is around six days, so most of the time, the morning-after pills work.
    Most "morning after" pills work by disabling the fertilized ovum's ability to implant in the uterine wall.
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 May '22 19:37
    @suzianne said
    You must not own any stock in dictionary publishers.
    Here is Suzianne weighing in. She seems to take issue with my 28-week old 'fetus' comment. Here is one of your sacrosanct links, not to be questioned!! Pick any week after 28 and you are good to go, to be called a baby by some. But, alas, not by others.

https://healthcare.utah.edu/womenshealth/pregnancy-birth/preterm-birth/when-is-it-safe-to-deliver.php
  6. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    17 May '22 19:40
    @averagejoe1 said
    Here is Suzianne weighing in. She seems to take issue with my 28-week old 'fetus' comment. Here is one of your sacrosanct links, not to be questioned!! Pick any week after 28 and you are good to go, to be called a baby by some. But, alas, not by others.

https://healthcare.utah.edu/womenshealth/pregnancy-birth/preterm-birth/when-is-it-safe-to-deliver.php
    From your link:

In general, infants that are born very early are not considered to be viable until after 24 weeks gestation. This means that if you give birth to an infant before they are 24 weeks old, their chance of surviving is usually less than 50 percent.

So, that's a maximum 50% on the "actual human being" scale.
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 May '22 19:49
    @sleepyguy said
    From your link:

In general, infants that are born very early are not considered to be viable until after 24 weeks gestation. This means that if you give birth to an infant before they are 24 weeks old, their chance of surviving is usually less than 50 percent.

I get amusement from time to time reading the posts of lard asses, who believe that sex is for pro-creation only, trying to post intelligent thoughts on when life begins.

Keep it up guys !! I have my popcorn out !! 😆
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 May '22 20:02
    @mghrn55 said
    I get amusement from time to time reading the posts of lard asses, who believe that sex is for pro-creation only, trying to post intelligent thoughts on when life begins.

Who said only procreation? I am the one who coined the term for this forum, recreational sex. Remember that?, ...when no lib could ever convince us that we should pay for the comdoms, etc for these people? So, you are incorrect that we lard asses, who are actually working while you eat popcorn on your sofa, do not think sex is only for procreation . Suzy would call you a liar!! 😢 😏 🤔
  9. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    17 May '22 20:07
    @mghrn55 said

I don't believe sex is only for procreation.

What's a uterus for though?
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 May '22 20:10
    @sleepyguy said
    From your link:

You fellers are wearing me out. Do y'all have google on your computers.? Reminds me of the Jimmm feller who once had me type about 80 of the things Trump accomplished, when it was all out there!! So, once again, a simple link on babies surviving at 28 weeks. You put 24weeks in your post, I think the extra 4 weeks just about does it, don;'t you? Some people here don't believe they are babies

https://www.verywellfamily.com/worlds-smallest-preemies-2748663
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 May '22 20:14
    @sleepyguy said
    I don't believe sex is only for procreation.

We've nailed them, sleepy, don't bog them down with humor, (they call it comedy), they will use it as an excuse to segue!!!!!
  12. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 May '22 20:153 edits
    @averagejoe1 said
    You fellers are wearing me out. Do y'all have google on your computers.? Reminds me of the Jimmm feller who once had me type about 80 of the things Trump accomplished, when it was all out there!! So, once again, a simple link on babies surviving at 28 weeks. You put 24weeks in your post, I think the extra 4 weeks just about does it, don;'t you? Some people he ...[text shortened]... e don't believe they are babies

Not I, Jo.........Don't make things up.
    Anyway, all of this is irrelevant.
    As of now, it's still the law of the land.
    When life begins has been argued by others, many times...
    it has also been debated when an unborn child has a soul.
    This discussion, as it was in 1973 is only this;
    ''Does a woman have control over her own body, or not?''
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 May '22 20:16
    @averagejoe1 said
    You fellers are wearing me out. Do y'all have google on your computers.? Reminds me of the Jimmm feller who once had me type about 80 of the things Trump accomplished, when it was all out there!! So, once again, a simple link on babies surviving at 28 weeks. You put 24weeks in your post, I think the extra 4 weeks just about does it, don;'t you? Some people he ...[text shortened]... e don't believe they are babies

Once they're born, even prematurely, they're called babies. Not before.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 May '22 20:19
    @sleepyguy said
    When you get one, then you tell me. Before that, don't bother.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 May '22 20:24
    @averagejoe1 said
    Who said only procreation? I am the one who coined the term for this forum, recreational sex. Remember that?, ...when no lib could ever convince us that we should pay for the comdoms, etc for these people? So, you are incorrect that we lard asses, who are actually working while you eat popcorn on your sofa, do not think sex is only for procreation . Suzy would call you a liar!! 😢 😏 🤔
    Rape is neither.

You and your Republican cronies don't care about that, though, do you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree