1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 May '22 14:181 edit
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/missouri-considers-law-to-make-illegal-to-aid-or-abet-out-of-state

Missouri considers law to make illegal to ‘aid or abet’ out-of-state abortion

First-of-its-kind Missouri legislation shows that anti-abortion lawmakers in Republican-led states aren’t likely to stop at banning most abortions within their borders but also could try to make it harder to go out of state to end pregnancies.

A proposal that could be debated in the Legislature as soon as next week seeks to make it illegal to “aid or abet” abortions outlawed in Missouri, even if they are performed in other states.

State Rep. Mary Elizabeth Coleman’s bill is aimed at a key frustration for abortion foes: people crossing state lines to avoid restrictions. The bill also targets a network of 90-plus groups across the U.S. that have sprung up specifically to preserve access to abortion.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 May '22 14:194 edits
    The GOP wants to criminalize getting abortion legally in states where it's allowed.

This is clearly not about "state rights". This is about banning abortion and making it illegal in the U.S. The SCOTUS Justices who voted to overturn knew that; this was their goal.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    14 May '22 14:442 edits
    @vivify said
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/missouri-considers-law-to-make-illegal-to-aid-or-abet-out-of-state

Missouri considers law to make illegal to ‘aid or abet’ out-of-state abortion

First-of-its-kind Missouri legislation shows that anti-abortion lawmakers in Republican-led states aren’t likely to stop at banning most abortions within their borders but also ...[text shortened]... plus groups across the U.S. that have sprung up specifically to preserve access to abortion.
    Yes I heard a Republican talking about this, it’s some kind of law based on residency at conception making the darling little impregnated egg a resident of the state and thereby entitled to its protection.
    Is it the case that if I murder a man from Kansas whilst we are both in New York Kansas would have jurisdiction over the case rather than New York?
    This whole thing is like a who can be the bat 💩 craziest and the winner gets the support of the trump base in the next primary. What next? If you crack one off you can be charged with denying the little darling spermatozoa’s the potential for life?
  4. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 May '22 14:54
    @kevcvs57 said
    Yes I heard a Republican talking about this, it’s some kind of law based on residency at conception making the darling little impregnated egg a resident of the state and thereby entitled to its protection.
    Is it the case that if I murder a man from Kansas whilst we are both in New York Kansas would have jurisdiction over the case rather than New York?
    This whole thing is ...[text shortened]... ack one off you can be charged with denying the little darling spermatozoa’s the potential for life?
    There they go again, restricting travel?
    Sounds like small government to me///
  5. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 May '22 18:10
    @vivify said
    The GOP wants to criminalize getting abortion legally in states where it's allowed.

This is clearly not about "state rights". This is about banning abortion and making it illegal in the U.S. The SCOTUS Justices who voted to overturn knew that; this was their goal.
    Viv, there is no way this can be legal. Missouri does not own Wisconsin (example)
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 May '22 18:15
    Are these people fooking crazy??? jeeeeeezus. 😠 😠 😠

... make it illegal to “aid or abet” abortions outlawed in Missouri, even if they are performed in other states.

Missouri does not have jurisdiction in any other state, even for murder of one of its citizens.
    Who are they kidding??? 🤔
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    14 May '22 18:29
    @earl-of-trumps said

... make it illegal to “aid or abet” abortions outlawed in Missouri, even if they are performed in other states.

Missouri does not have jurisdiction in any other state, even for murder of one of its citizens.
    I am on the wagon with the libs on this one. Like I am always asking how y'all think that we or Bill Smith have anything to do with a rich guy that has a plane, I say that what a person does, unless there is a legitimate law against it, is no one else's business. Missouri has nothing to do with the legitimate movements or actions of anyone.
    I HATE the way people or entities try to involve themselves in the business of other people. MO has every right to restrict abortions in their state. They have no right to do what is suggested. It is nuts. I'm with Suzianne!! How bout a beer?
  8. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 May '22 18:50
    @earl-of-trumps said

If you plan a murder in Missouri,
    and go commit the murder in Kansas,
    you may still be charged with
    conspiracy in Missouri.
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 May '22 19:05
    @averagejoe1 said
    I am on the wagon with the libs on this one. Like I am always asking how y'all think that we or Bill Smith have anything to do with a rich guy that has a plane, I say that what a person does, unless there is a legitimate law against it, is no one else's business. Missouri has nothing to do with the legitimate movements or actions of anyone.
    I HATE the way people o ...[text shortened]... te. They have no right to do what is suggested. It is nuts. I'm with Suzianne!! How bout a beer?
    agreed, but we are also looking at a PBS article, too. It bever said if the proposal was in committee or not. But I made my intentions clear, if this is a real proposed law, then all I can say is those people need a head replacement.

AG, do you get the feeling that the US is currently taking a hard right?
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 May '22 19:07
    @jimm619 said
    If you plan a murder in Missouri,
    and go commit the murder in Kansas,
    you may still be charged with
    conspiracy in Missouri.
    not being a lawyer, I think what you describe makes the jurisdiction go to the FBI. But we need No1's opinion
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    14 May '22 20:08
    @earl-of-trumps said
    agreed, but we are also looking at a PBS article, too. It bever said if the proposal was in committee or not. But I made my intentions clear, if this is a real proposed law, then all I can say is those people need a head replacement.

AG, do you get the feeling that the US is currently taking a hard right?
    Certainly are, given our economy and our security problems. What else can they do, Biden has made it clear he will be doubling-down as time goes on. Well, his handlers are doubling down. Trust me, there is a method in their madness. The 'creating dependents' gambit.
    I don't think libs will ever change their 'gimme it' ways, and will keep putting their noses in everyone's business. So, that part of their beliefs will not be swayed, but man, when they start eating dog food and stealing food for their babies, they will see the light, but alas, too late.
    Do you think it is time to buy the dips, speaking of queries?
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 May '22 20:212 edits
    @averagejoe1 said
    Certainly are, given our economy and our security problems. What else can they do, Biden has made it clear he will be doubling-down as time goes on. Well, his handlers are doubling down. Trust me, there is a method in their madness. The 'creating dependents' gambit.
    I don't think libs will ever change their 'gimme it' ways, and will keep putting their noses in eve ...[text shortened]... ee the light, but alas, too late.
    Do you think it is time to buy the dips, speaking of queries?
    You're drunk again, Joe. Your non-sequiturs are embarrassing you. At least put some grammatical sentences together.
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    14 May '22 22:13
    @shallow-blue said
    You're drunk again, Joe. Your non-sequiturs are embarrassing you. At least put some grammatical sentences together.
    OK, for that I am just lurking, to lambast one of your posts!
  14. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 May '22 22:381 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    not being a lawyer, I think what you describe makes the jurisdiction go to the FBI. But we need No1's opinion
    It would be prosecutable in
    either jurisdiction. Now, if you planned the crime in Missouri,
    but never crossed the state line, into Kansas, to commit the
    crime, only would The Missouri conspiracy statute, apply.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 May '22 23:384 edits
    https://www.nbcnews.com/data-graphics/map-23-states-ban-abortion-post-roe-america-rcna27081

This link shows a map of 23 three states that would immediately ban abortion once Roe is overturned; that's in addition to states that would "restrict" abortion.

Abortion will be illegal in most of the country. If Missouri's law passes, other states could follow, meaning that entire map could be punished for getting abortions, even if they cross state lines into the minority of states that allow it.

Just look at how much of that map is covered. If contraception fails due to no fault of a woman, she is screwed. Kev, on another abortion thread, mentioned "rubbers"; if a condom tears, she is screwed. Most women of child-bearing age in this country are in trouble.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree