1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 14:44
    @averagejoe1 said
    My time-worn answer. It is no one’s business. Why do libs think that a person or an entity is ‘connected’ to others, or has a duty to disclose private matters. Absolutely unbelievable Shav. I will get this into my treatise on the Lib Doctrine. Unbelievable.
    How is a lawsuit prosecuted in a court paid for by public funds a "private matter"?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 14:481 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Any damage a person can do to CNN is a big WIN
    Perhaps he will enter politics and replace Trump.

The Left is making an awful lot of enemies of late.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 14:53
    @whodey said
    Perhaps he will enter politics and replace Trump.

The Left is making an awful lot of enemies of late.
    His lawyer is running for Congress: https://www.nationalreview.com/news/lawyer-for-covington-catholic-student-nicholas-sandmann-launches-kentucky-congressional-primary-bid/
  4. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 15:35
    @no1marauder said
    How is a lawsuit prosecuted in a court paid for by public funds a "private matter"?
    you're the lawyer, why ask us?
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 15:53
    @no1marauder said
    I'll wager legal fees and less than $50 grand. There's no way CNN would settle for such an absurd amount as $100M.
    your wager and $1.59 will buy you a $1.59 cold drink.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 15:55
    @no1marauder said
    when the judge places a "non-discloser"...jeeesh!
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 15:59
    @earl-of-trumps said
    you're the lawyer, why ask us?
    (Shrug) If you think that means I agree with every feature of the legal system in the US, you're mistaken.

I can see keeping some legal matters private and confidential i.e. divorce and child custody proceedings for example but why this case should be non-publicly disclosed is a mystery to me. It has rather important political and First Amendment overtones that the public has a stake in.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 16:102 edits
    @no1marauder said
    (Shrug) If you think that means I agree with every feature of the legal system in the US, you're mistaken.

I can see keeping some legal matters private and confidential i.e. divorce and child custody proceedings for example but why this case should be non-publicly disclosed is a mystery to me. It has rather important political and First Amendment overtones that the public has a stake in.
    Because the public does have a stake in it. Because conservatives around the country are being hunted down by the PC police to the point that expressing yourself on a college campus can get you expelled or fired. Now thanks to the PC gestapo about half of Americans now favor repealing the First Amendment if speech is considered "offensive".

The Covington teen expressing himself wearing the MAGA hat, and subsequent attacks on him for doing so with the media aiding and abetting such attacks, is the prime example as to why all of this should be publicized.

But apparently you are only interested in destroying the reputation of a conservative within the public arena, but not letting him clear their name. That's because you are a Left wing fascist.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 16:12
    @whodey said
    Because the public does have a stake in it. Because conservatives around the country are being hunted down by the PC police to the point that expressing yourself on a college campus can get you expelled or fired. Now thanks to the PC gestapo about half of Americans now favor repealing the First Amendment if speech is considered "offensive".

The Covington teen expressing h ...[text shortened]... the public arena, but not letting him clear their name. That's because you are a Left wing fascist.
    This raving has zero to do with the actual content of any of my posts. It's also a lot of ridiculous paranoid BS.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 16:38
    @no1marauder said
    This raving has zero to do with the actual content of any of my posts. It's also a lot of ridiculous paranoid BS.
    I'm trying and failing to think of a whodey post where this response wouldn't apply.
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 16:41
    @kazetnagorra said
    It was a settlement, not a legal verdict. So the student did not "win" the suit.
    I understand that.

But basically, it is an accusation. And surely it’s in the public interest to know how it was settled?
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 16:45
    @averagejoe1 said
    My time-worn answer. It is no one’s business. Why do libs think that a person or an entity is ‘connected’ to others, or has a duty to disclose private matters. Absolutely unbelievable Shav. I will get this into my treatise on the Lib Doctrine. Unbelievable.
    It’s no one’s interest?
    Why is it made public that there is a lawsuit (accusation) then?

Say there’s 10.000 such cases a year. Don’t you want to know how much tax payer’s money is being spent or saved? Don’t you think that all these lawsuits being settled all over the place says something about society in general and law specifically?

I wouldn’t allow lawyers to make settlements. Let courts decide: open for all to see. That’s what they are for.
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 17:10
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Any damage a person can do to CNN is a big WIN
    Do Lemon, Maddow and Anderson Cooper know the Iranians, whom they defend, would do to them?
  14. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 17:12

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 17:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree