Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 17:20
    @earl-of-trumps said
    you're the lawyer, why ask us?
    The court.is established as a citizen necessity, not unlike fire dept and road builder. All pay for it. Like we paid $40Million for the Murller report!!! Did you ever mention THAT? Turkey.

As to the settlement, they too are entitled to use of the courts, like your arguing a traffic ticket. Their agreement is their business. You think it is your business? If my neighbor and i strike a fence agreement, is that your business??

Libs lack any semblance of logic.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 17:29
    @averagejoe1 said
    The court.is established as a citizen necessity, not unlike fire dept and road builder. All pay for it. Like we paid $40Million for the Murller report!!! Did you ever mention THAT? Turkey.

As to the settlement, they too are entitled to use of the courts, like your arguing a traffic ticket. Their agreement is their business. You think it is your business? If my ...[text shortened]... eighbor and i strike a fence agreement, is that your business??

Libs lack any semblance of logic.
    Why isn't it our business when we are paying for the courts to enforce it?
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 18:05
    @no1marauder said
    Why isn't it our business when we are paying for the courts to enforce it?
    If you and I are in civil court over a breached contract, and an agreement is reached during recess, and the court blesses it, at what point do the parties announce to the world their private arrangement?

The civilcourt is a tax-supported entity of govt to adjudicate differences. That is it. Then you bring up a different issue, as usual. You query about paying the courts to enforce ‘it’. What is ‘it’? Their agreement ? The court doesn’t,. Court says ‘case closed’ and the parties go on their way and deal with enforcing by whatever means.
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 18:14
    @shavixmir said
    It’s no one’s interest?
    Why is it made public that there is a lawsuit (accusation) then?

Say there’s 10.000 such cases a year. Don’t you want to know how much tax payer’s money is being spent or saved? Don’t you think that all these lawsuits being settled all over the place says something about society in general and law specifically?

I wouldn’t allow lawyers to make settlements. Let courts decide: open for all to see. That’s what they are for.
    Filing of lawsuits is public record by law. One reason is notification, in the event there may be a party interested in the matter at hand. Creditors come to Mind!

As to wanting to know court costs, expenses, those figures are readily available in the respective courts’ clerk’s offices.

Your last sentence suggests having no advocate to help you make your points with proper court procedure. A party can, of course, elect to not have a lawyer. To say ‘let the court decide’ is a bit vague, What about a jury?
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 18:38
    @averagejoe1 said
    If you and I are in civil court over a breached contract, and an agreement is reached during recess, and the court blesses it, at what point do the parties announce to the world their private arrangement?

The civilcourt is a tax-supported entity of govt to adjudicate differences. That is it. Then you bring up a different issue, as usual. You query about paying the c ...[text shortened]... Court says ‘case closed’ and the parties go on their way and deal with enforcing by whatever means.
    No, the courts enforce any agreement; that's where you go if a breach of the agreement is alleged. And the courts are operated at public expense.

So absent any unusual circumstances which require confidentiality, I see no reason why court endorsed settlements shouldn't be made public.
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 18:39
    @shavixmir
    "It’s no one’s interest?
    Why is it made public that there is a lawsuit (accusation) then? "

That's easy. It's because WE are interested in watching Communist News Network get WHACKED
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 18:41
    @AverageJoe1 "Like we paid $40Million for the Murller report!!! Did you ever mention THAT? Turkey. "

But at least we got what we payed for, Joe. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 18:45
    And in even more happy CNN news... CNN is cutting $76 in salaries
    LOLOLOLOLOL that piece of crap lying organizations is going DOWN. "do de do de doooo, and I'm loving it".
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 18:521 edit
    @no1marauder said
    No, the courts enforce any agreement; that's where you go if a breach of the agreement is alleged. And the courts are operated at public expense.

So absent any unusual circumstances which require confidentiality, I see no reason why court endorsed settlements shouldn't be made public.
    I respectfully disagree with’ “the courts enforce any agreement” insofar as relates to the finally adjudicated case. ’ . Of course a new action can be filed for the non-performance of the agreement. The court doesn’t do anything after the closed case to go about enforcing the agreement. You suggest that the court monitors the activities of the parties, it seems.

Yes, courts are at public expense, like police dept and the Mueller investigation.

I myself definitely see a reason to seal the agreement. Agree to disagree.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Jan '20 19:271 edit
    Edit. Of course the above is particular to the Sandman/CNN case. Some cases are business of others, and it is judge’s Prerogative as to whether to open it up to the public. A smart lawyer, after settlement is reached out in the hall, could just dismiss the case and leave, thus never having the agreement of record!

In the CNN case, I think only the 2 parties are affected,
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jan '20 22:551 edit
    @AverageJoe1
    If you and someone else have a lawsuit and come to an agreement the courts don't 'Bless' it. The say, you guys made the agreement, so it is over. You imply the court could say, THIS IS BULLSHYTE, NO WAY JOSE.
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 02:201 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @AverageJoe1
    If you and someone else have a lawsuit and come to an agreement the courts don't 'Bless' it. The say, you guys made the agreement, so it is over. You imply the court could say, THIS IS BULLSHYTE, NO WAY JOSE.
    the court has to approve/disprove agreements dumbass!
  14. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 02:441 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Any damage a person can do to CNN is a big WIN
    https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2020/01/11/dublin-teens-url-sleuthing-trick-scoops-cnns-iowa-poll/
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 12:39
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @Suzianne Wow, 100 million for being an a--hole.

Who knew being a dick would be so profitable?

Who knew being a left wing dope peddling fake news generator could be so expensive!
    Dope-peddling? Really?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree