Juror:  Please show me the crime

Juror: Please show me the crime

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
17d
1 edit

Paying Stormy was not a crime. If I paid my secretary to be quiet about our evening together , no crime, Y’all can link all you want about the ledger entries, and that pesky defense which revolves round the concept of intent.
You know, just Trump’s ‘what in the hell is this all about’ demeanor evidences his innocence. Your unnatural hate of him is clouding your judgements.

The turning point, which you will find out, is that Trump’s lawyer advised (was paid to give Trump advice) Trump to do something, Trump, maybe unwittingly, followed his advice.

There is no crime. Sure smells like a fishing expedition, with testimony from a liar perjuror criminal. Good luck with that one. They are truly just searching for a crime to pop up.

We should prevail with all jurors. But, we only need one.

D

Moves
17d

@spruce112358 said
They don't need him to have been convicted of anything to elevate the charges.

"Falsifying business records is a misdemeanor, but the charge becomes a felony — punishable by up to four years in prison — if the records were falsified with the intent to commit or hide some other underlying crime."

So my understanding is they just have to convince the jury that ...[text shortened]... public. But Cohen will testify that Trump told him this was to hide the stories from the electorate.

You got that right. We've seen that for years now. Corrupt democrats interfering with elections.

Moves
17d

@wildgrass said
I am not doing that.

Maybe you're right. Maybe there are inequities in our criminal justice system. Let's work on reforming it.
you are doing that, and you are lying about it 😉

w

Moves
17d
1 edit

@mott-the-hoople said
😲

Look at you doing the Lord's work. Takes courage.

For the record, I support criminal prosecution of any and all corrupt politicians, regardless of party affiliation. From what I remember we spent a lot of time and money on the laptop and there was plenty of opportunity to prosecute crimes.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
17d

@averagejoe1 said
If I paid my secretary to be quiet about our evening together , no crime,
As long as you declared the $130k gift to the IRS via Form 709.

"When you make a financial gift to someone, you—not the recipient of the gift—are responsible for paying any gift taxes owed. If you give gifts of cash, property, or other assets to someone during any given tax year, you're required to file Form 709 to report the gift."

"The basic gift tax exclusion or exemption is the amount you can give each year to one person and not worry about being taxed. The gift tax exclusion limit for 2023 was $17,000, and for 2024 it's $18,000. That means anything you give under that amount is not taxable and does not have to be reported to the IRS."

As for Trump, he apparently says the $130,000 was not a gift but a business expense. But then we need to see an invoice of some kind. We need to see an NDA or a contract. Was Stormy working for Trump? Or working for Cohen? If Cohen, why did Trump give Cohen money? Where is the invoice for that?

Oh... so... no invoices. Just gifts. And no IRS Form 709.

You really want to elect a guy President who breaks the law? Hmmmm...

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16d

@averagejoe1 said
Paying Stormy was not a crime. If I paid my secretary to be quiet about our evening together , no crime, Y’all can link all you want about the ledger entries, and that pesky defense which revolves round the concept of intent.
You know, just Trump’s ‘what in the hell is this all about’ demeanor evidences his innocence. Your unnatural hate of him is clouding your j ...[text shortened]... just searching for a crime to pop up.

This has been explained to you at least a dozen times.

Cohen's payment to Daniels was an illegal campaign contribution (for which he pled guilty to).

Trump admitted six years ago he reimbursed Cohen for it.

He did so with checks labeled "legal expenses" and entered in his corporate records as such.

These checks and ledger account entries are false business records and Trump has been charged with Falsifying Business Records in the First Degree.

That is a crime, a Felony in New York.

You should stop listening to propaganda outlets that claim the nonsense you are parroting.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16d

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
WE are making that decision? I may be wrong but I kind of thought it was up to the JURY to make that decision, Did I miss something here?
Or are you trying to say there WAS no crime? What if Biden had done the same things as Trump? Would THAT have been crimes then?
Are you kidding? According to them, Biden riding his bike to the corner store for some ice cream is a crime.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16d

@mott-the-hoople said
a one sided justice system is not hypocrisy…but your supporting going after one candidate and not the other IS HYPOCRISY!
Hypocrisy, thy name is Mott.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16d

@averagejoe1 said
Juror: “There has been no crime established. When you are presenting a case in the opening days, you should be trying to get our attention. I will submit to you that we do not ‘see where the crime is at.’ Where is the evidence of President Trump doing wrong?”

You fellers are getting ahead of your skis. There is no crime being shown. Think deep. You will see. Do you see ‘the crime’? You are all thinking like sonnyhouse.
Jurors can be stupid, too. Who knew?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16d

@averagejoe1 said
You know, just Trump’s ‘what in the hell is this all about’ demeanor evidences his innocence. Your unnatural hate of him is clouding your j ...[text shortened]... just searching for a crime to pop up.

Still falling for the con?

Evolve, man, please.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16d

@djj said

You got that right. We've seen that for years now. Corrupt democrats interfering with elections.
Every time I see "Corrupt democrats interfering with elections" on this forum, I get a picture of that poster's lips extending from Trump's anus saying those words.

So please stop, I can't take much more.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16d

@mott-the-hoople said
Said the guy suffering from the con.

Lake Como

Moves
16d

@spruce112358 said
As long as you declared the $130k gift to the IRS via Form 709.

"When you make a financial gift to someone, you—not the recipient of the gift—are responsible for paying any gift taxes owed. If you give gifts of cash, property, or other assets to someone during any given tax year, you're required to file Form 709 to report the gift."

"The basic gift tax exclusion or ...[text shortened]... gifts. And no IRS Form 709.

You really want to elect a guy President who breaks the law? Hmmmm...
How bout a guy who will not enforce law? The lists are endless. Gloss over this, little feller. It is for sure not convenient!

Lake Como

Moves
16d

@suzianne said
Every time I see "Corrupt democrats interfering with elections" on this forum, I get a picture of that poster's lips extending from Trump's anus saying those words.

So please stop, I can't take much more.
How bout we stop if Biden will enforce law? Is an open border protecting the citizens of the United States? You don’t have to answer any of my questions, as all of the answers are actually wrapped up inside the questions.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16d
3 edits

@AverageJoe1
In other words, you will not answer his question about your god doing illegal things and you still support him, instead passing off your answer to attack Biden.
That is not an answer, that is a deflection and you know that full well. So how about just answering Spruce's question.

And you keep deflecting from the FACT JACK that your god Trump stopped the border bill which BTW passed BIPARTISAN and of course Trump's pet squeaker of the house Mikey just rolled over and played dead and stopped even DEBADE of that bill. So don't go blaming Biden for something your god stopped because he did not want Biden to get any credit for helping out the border situation. BTW, that is also a fact, he said so on TV.

Also, BTW, don't worry about your god getting convicted, the fact he is falling asleep during the hearings my go well for him with the jury, they might think, if he doesn't think this is a big deal, maybe it isn't a crime after all and it only takes one juror to stop the guilty verdict. I wish it was up to the judge to rule but your god lucked out yet again, and again, and again......