Juror:  Please show me the crime

Juror: Please show me the crime

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
16d

@averagejoe1 said
@AverageJoe1
THE crime.

Again, not ALL of alleged crimes of All cases. Obviously not my OP.
It's been stated multiple times on multiple threads. And you can Google.

Are you trying to say that you don't understand why it is a crime, or that you don't think it should be a crime?

w

Moves
16d

@moonbus said
Falsifying financial records. It’s a felony.

EDIT: copy-pasted from Marauder's thread on the case:

<<
NY Penal Law "§ 175.10 Falsifying business records in the first degree. A person is guilty of falsifying business records in the first degree when he commits the crime of falsifying business records in the second degree, and when his intent to defraud includes an int ...[text shortened]... p-20 pp. 13-14

>>

Now, what part of "felony" do you not understand? Two too many syllables?
Someone once said "You cannot prosecute crime in the streets without prosecuting crime in the suites."

This trial is extremely boring because we already know all of it. We're the frog in the pot of warming water.

But trump still broke campaign finance law. He used his business for a cover up. He will likely be assessed a fine.

Moves
16d
1 edit

@wildgrass said
Someone once said "You cannot prosecute crime in the streets without prosecuting crime in the suites."

This trial is extremely boring because we already know all of it. We're the frog in the pot of warming water.

But trump still broke campaign finance law. He used his business for a cover up. He will likely be assessed a fine.
"But trump still broke campaign finance law."

No, he didnt. The fed election comm said he didnt.

this is just lib democrats abusing the justice system...and when it is over, you will still be a whining liberals pos

w

Moves
16d
1 edit

@mott-the-hoople said

this is just lib democrats abusing the justice system...and when it is over, you will still be a whining liberals pos
Lol no. Did you read that in the national inquirer?

The fec panel dropped that case for reasons of "prosecutorial discretion"

Lake Como

Moves
16d

@wildgrass said
It's been stated multiple times on multiple threads. And you can Google.

Are you trying to say that you don't understand why it is a crime, or that you don't think it should be a crime?
I am not being obtuse, but you are saying that I do not know what ‘it ‘ is. No one does, not even Bragg. He has not stated what it, the crime, is.
It is true that the question of trying to influence an election has, or hasn’t, been bandied about., but that is not a crime.
The other cases suggest crimes ( the documents in both presidents’ homes), et al, but can we not dig this one case out.? I only question this one case.

Lake Como

Moves
16d
1 edit

@mott-the-hoople said

I am asking you all for the official position of a clearly stated crime by Bragg. The previous prosecutor turned it down to prosecute. He could not find one. Neither has Bragg, apparently, that is why I ask you to tell us neophytes. Let’s get it done before our resident Bot chimes in with links and …..penal codes!!

Bragg=Putin…..”Show me the man, I will find his crime”.
Not so funny, is it. And your friend SHouse wants him in jail for life.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
16d
1 edit

@mott-the-hoople said

They never said that at all, they just didn’t bother prosecuting it, Trump has spent four years lying about the 2020 election because he’s too much of bed wetter to take a rejection and a loss.
He’s literally raging at the electorate and he means to get even with them like a nasty stalky ex boyfriend.
He’s convinced laws aren’t meant for men like him so maybe the law is chucking everything it can at him to prove him wrong.

w

Moves
16d

@averagejoe1 said
I am not being obtuse, but you are saying that I do not know what ‘it ‘ is. No one does, not even Bragg. He has not stated what it, the crime, is.
It is true that the question of trying to influence an election has, or hasn’t, been bandied about., but that is not a crime.
The other cases suggest crimes ( the documents in both presidents’ homes), et al, but can we not dig this one case out.? I only question this one case.
You don't know what it means to falsify a business record?

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
16d

@averagejoe1 said
I am asking you all for the official position of a clearly stated crime by Bragg.
The alleged crime is falsifying business records to hide illegal campaign contributions.

The contributions were those which Cohen pled guilty to as campaign finance violations.

Interestingly, this is the same sort of crime John Edwards (D) was accused of:

"Onetime Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards was charged with breaking campaign finance laws after the DOJ argued he conspired to have political donors pay off a woman he had an affair with, in an effort to prevent a sex scandal from hurting his campaign. In that case, as with Trump’s, the alleged crime wasn’t the act of paying hush money itself, but instead was the way in which the money was paid out. Edwards admitted to an extramarital affair but argued the payments weren’t campaign contributions because they were meant to hide the affair from his wife, not from voters. He avoided conviction after the jury hung on most counts." - Forbes

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16d

@spruce112358
He knew that full well, he is not stupid, just way misinformed.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
16d

Very interesting that the DOJ simply pursues crime, regardless of someone's politics, isn't it?

The DOJ seems to be completely unbiased. Unlike what some people seem to think.

Moves
16d
1 edit

@kevcvs57 said
They never said that at all, they just didn’t bother prosecuting it, Trump has spent four years lying about the 2020 election because he’s too much of bed wetter to take a rejection and a loss.
He’s literally raging at the electorate and he means to get even with them like a nasty stalky ex boyfriend.
He’s convinced laws aren’t meant for men like him so maybe the law is chucking everything it can at him to prove him wrong.
ummm yes they did...

"The FEC voted 4-1 to close the inquiry after failing to find that Trump or his campaign “knowingly and willfully” violated campaign finance law"

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/552271-fec-drops-investigation-into-trump-hush-money-payments/

Moves
16d

@wildgrass said
Lol no. Did you read that in the national inquirer?

The fec panel dropped that case for reasons of "prosecutorial discretion"
nope, you lie

"The FEC voted 4-1 to close the inquiry after failing to find that Trump or his campaign “knowingly and willfully” violated campaign finance law"

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/552271-fec-drops-investigation-into-trump-hush-money-payments/

w

Moves
16d

@mott-the-hoople said
nope, you lie

Lol you said he didn't break the law.

The FEC actually said they don't want to waste resources.

https://www.axios.com/2021/05/07/fec-drop-trump-hush-money-case

Moves
16d

@wildgrass said
Lol you said he didn't break the law.

The FEC actually said they don't want to waste resources.

https://www.axios.com/2021/05/07/fec-drop-trump-hush-money-case
you reference a case about cohen, not trump