1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 May '22 08:19
    @suzianne said
    No one "decides" the truth.

It either is, or it isn't.

Come on, man. You can read, right?
    Agreed, but how do you know you have not decided the truth is a lie?
    Do you take a poll and determine it by consensus or do you have to prove it is the truth?

Have you ever seen a sleeping cow before? If not, how do you know I am telling the truth or not?
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 May '22 08:24
    @suzianne said
    It is already truth or a lie before it gets researched. The research just uncovers the truth or lie. Just because you don't know the truth, that doesn't mean you get to decide the truth. This is something MB never quite understood.
    Just because you don't know the truth, that doesn't mean you get to decide the truth and that is what you are doing right now and you keep insisting you don't need proof.

This is something you never quite understood. If nobody needs proof nobody will ever agree what the truth is, which is exactly what is happening here with you. Then when you see the proof you deny it even from reputable sources.

Debates decide the truth when people prove it. You do not debate. You troll and never prove anything.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 May '22 09:06
    @Metal-Brain
    If your going have a chat with yourself I suggest you find a quiet corner somewhere
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    13 May '22 13:27
    @metal-brain said
    How do you know they are lies when you always fail to prove they are lies?

If someone says cows sleep standing up and I say they sleep laying down how do you know who is telling you the truth? You can say I am lying (as you always do), but that isn't the last word.

If most people say cows sleep standing up is it enough that the majority of people say it is so? Should consensus trump fact or should fact trump consensus?
    I’d like Susie to tell us something we have actually said verbatim that is a lie., which statement would be something we think is true that she thinks is a lie.
    She could never come up with a lie of Tucker, So I will be interested to see if she can come up with this particular lie.
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    13 May '22 14:50
    @suzianne said
    Yeah, I did. See the post I replied to. Who did that post quote?

It's not that hard, Joe.
    @averagejoe1 said
    @AverageJoe1. Jesus. Anyone else want to give it a shot?
    Yeah, I do.

I agree with him.
    Suzianne, sorry to rub it in, I just cant resist. Above I wrote '(Does) anyone else want to give it a shot', a few clicks back. You wrote back ....."Yeah, I do. I agree with him'. Then, ,I asked you to complete your posts, as you do not identify who 'him' is.

Then you say to 'see the post I replied to'!?!??!??!?

Ha. Its not that hard suzianne. OK, carry on, I think we were all on lies. Or, at least you, in Sonhouse manner, are.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '22 18:341 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    @averagejoe1 said
    Yeah, I do.

I agree with him.
    Suzianne, sorry to rub it in, I just cant resist. Above I wrote '(Does) anyone else want to give it a shot', a few clicks back. You wrote back ....."Yeah, I do. I agree with him'. Then, ,I asked ...[text shortened]... suzianne. OK, carry on, I think we were all on lies. Or, at least you, in Sonhouse manner, are.
    You left out the quote of the person you were replying to. He's the 'him' in my post.

Not too quick, are you, Joe?

"Then you say to 'see the post I replied to'!?!??!??!?"

Yes, it contained the quote that you disingenuously left out.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '22 18:38
    @metal-brain said

Have you ever seen a sleeping cow before? If not, how do you know I am telling the truth or not?
    What??
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '22 18:401 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Just because you don't know the truth, that doesn't mean you get to decide the truth and that is what you are doing right now and you keep insisting you don't need proof.

This is something you never quite understood. If nobody needs proof nobody will ever agree what the truth is, which is exactly what is happening here with you. Then when you see the proof you deny it ...[text shortened]... ebates decide the truth when people prove it. You do not debate. You troll and never prove anything.
    I don't decide anything, dipsh--.

The truth is the truth. That's why you are completely unfamiliar with it.

One shouldn't have to prove 2+2=4 every post they make, just because you tell them to.

If you are completely unaware of common knowledge, then look it up. Stop acting like a fool.
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    13 May '22 19:201 edit
    @suzianne said
    You left out the quote of the person you were replying to. He's the 'him' in my post.

Not too quick, are you, Joe?

"Then you say to 'see the post I replied to'!?!??!??!?"

Yes, it contained the quote that you disingenuously left out.
    Naaa, you seem to think that when one reads a post, they are imputed to have relative posts in their minds, to apply to the new post. To “look back’ to the post you refer to.
    Check the thread again, and maybe for once admit you are wrong. I admitted that I was wrong on one of your posts just last week. You can do this.
    We are all a bit busy to be doing research, That kind of research. A post must stand by itself.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 May '22 23:10
    @suzianne said

One shouldn't have to prove 2+2=4 every post they make, just because you tell them to.

If you are completely unaware of common knowledge, then look it up. Stop acting like a fool.
    Just because the truth is the truth doesn't mean you know what is the truth. That is the problem. You think your opinion is a fact, yet feel no need to prove it.

Do cows sleep standing up or laying down? Do you know the truth?
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 May '22 23:16
    @averagejoe1 said
    I’d like Susie to tell us something we have actually said verbatim that is a lie., which statement would be something we think is true that she thinks is a lie.
    She could never come up with a lie of Tucker, So I will be interested to see if she can come up with this particular lie.
    She is here to troll, not debate. Debates require proving assertions. I have met many people that claimed cows sleep standing up because of the cow tipping myth. By suzi's logic cows must sleep standing up because most people believe in cow tipping.

Everybody knows that logic. Suzi would claim there is no need to prove cow tipping is real because everybody knows it is real. If I claim cows sleep laying down she will call me a liar. It doesn't matter that I grew up on a dairy farm. She will say that is a lie too.
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    14 May '22 00:36
    @suzianne said

SuZianne, you are really on to something. It would shed light on this subject if you could tell us an actual lie that , say, Tucker? told, so that we could better follow all of your hours of reasoning about the truth, your efforts at applying logic and rationale to truth. I think this is a really great thread.
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    14 May '22 00:40
    @metal-brain said
    Just because the truth is the truth doesn't mean you know what is the truth. That is the problem. You think your opinion is a fact, yet feel no need to prove it.

Good, metal. I have been trying to think of some such silly s--- to counter this foolishness, will try to do one but yours is good. I would give you one of those dippy little thumby-things the libs do, but I dont know how to do it. Do you think that they do thumby things at board meetings? Never seen that happen, myself.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 May '22 01:03
    @averagejoe1 said
    @averagejoe1 said
    Yeah, I do.

I agree with him.
    Suzianne, sorry to rub it in, I just cant resist. Above I wrote '(Does) anyone else want to give it a shot', a few clicks back. You wrote back ....."Yeah, I do. I agree with him'. Then, ,I asked ...[text shortened]... suzianne. OK, carry on, I think we were all on lies. Or, at least you, in Sonhouse manner, are.
    SubscriberAverageJoe1 [View Profile]
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Moves

12 May '22 11:37

@kevcvs57 said
    I’m not a member of the dems because I’m not American.
    As for fair share it’s a lot more than millionaires and billionaires pay now but probably not as much as I’d make them pay.

Jesus. Anyone else want to give it a shot?

Here's the post I replied to, including the quote YOU replied to.

Now don't you feel foolish?
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 May '22 02:08
    @suzianne said

This is a very basic question that has nothing to do with politics. If you cannot answer this question how can you convince anybody that you are capable of answering a politically charged question to determine the truth?

I told AverageJoe1 they sleep laying down, but I could have lied to him to set you up for embarrassment. Would I do something like that? Maybe yes, maybe no.

Did I tell AverageJoe1 the truth or did I lie?
    Do cows sleep standing up or laying down?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree