Evidence of China Abuse in Xinjiang Mounts

Evidence of China Abuse in Xinjiang Mounts

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
26 Mar 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Why do we do that about kids in cages in the US, Brasil, Israel and Saudi-Arabia as well?

It’s called naming and shaming, pushing towards a situation more inline with UN resolutions on human rights.
And in the EU we have, by law, human rights embedded (which is a cause of friction in Poland and Hungary). So we speak out about abuses of it.

And you act like it’s only aimed at China. It’s not. But what China is doing is disgusting and needs pointing out.
And the only reason it’s getting so much attention on this forum is you.

Much like when republicans here tried to defend kids in cages. Suddenly they get a lot of attention.

D

Moves
26 Mar 21
1 edit

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
26 Mar 21

Another country chimes in with their complaints about China's treatment of Uighur people.
-------------------------------------

Turkey raises Uighur issue with Chinese minister amid protests

ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkey raised the issue of Uighur Muslims during talks with China’s foreign minister in Ankara on Thursday, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said, as hundreds of Uighurs protested against the treatment of their ethnic kin in China.

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi met Cavusoglu and later President Tayyip Erdogan, as around 1,000 protesters gathered in Istanbul, chanting “Dictator China” and “Stop Uighur Genocide, Close the Camps”. Some waved blue-and-white flags of the independence movement of East Turkestan, the name by which the movement refers to Xinjiang.

“We are here to ask about our families. Why can’t we get in touch with our families? Are they dead or alive? Where are they? Are they at camps or outside?” said Imam Hasan Ozturk, a Uighur protester.
--------- the Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-china/turkey-raises-uighur-issue-with-chinese-minister-amid-protests-idUSKBN2BH1EW

D

Moves
26 Mar 21
2 edits

rain

Moves
26 Mar 21

This was already explained to you. Countries like Turkey (who has already criticized China's treatment of Uigurs) still wants to maintain an economic relationship with China. China is one Turkey's largest trading partners and Turkey is a member of China's Belt and Road Initiative. China uses its economic leverage to silence criticism.

The fact that a nation like Turkey even took the step to criticize China was already a big risk, given China's history of blocking nations that do so from its markets (like it did with the BBC). It's also significant because Turkey itself has a history of human rights abuses; a nation with a history of human rights abuses called out China. That's serious.

D

Moves
26 Mar 21

rain

Moves
26 Mar 21

Your debate tactics are pretty poor. Shifting the focus to the USA doesn't absolve China of their human rights abuses.

You asked why governments like Turkey haven't criticized China's treatment of Muslims; I pointed out they have. I also explained to you, with legitimate sources, that Muslim nations like Turkey have important economic ties with China that they don't want to jeopardize with a country infamous for cutting off critics of their human rights abuses.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/12/693799115/turkey-criticizes-china-over-treatment-of-muslim-minorities

Turkey Criticizes China Over Treatment Of Muslim Minorities
The Turkish government has issued a stern statement denouncing China for violating the fundamental human rights of Uyghur Turks and other Muslim communities in China.

https://thediplomat.com/2020/08/china-buys-turkeys-silence-on-uyghur-oppression/

China Buys Turkey’s Silence on Uyghur Oppression

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
26 Mar 21

@vivify -
Turkey itself has a history of human rights abuses; a nation with a history of human rights abuses called out China. That's serious.

Yeah, like killing 1.5 million Armenians. half a million Greeks. Meh.

D

Moves
26 Mar 21

D

Moves
26 Mar 21
3 edits

rain

Moves
26 Mar 21
6 edits

No one on this forum believes that, including you.

The sole reason you repeatedly deflect from China by attacking the U.S. is because you know China's actions are indefensible. You also know the evidence of China committing genocide continually grows stronger, yet you lack the moral fiber needed to admit this. Therefore, you desperately deflect the focus to any other country but China.

D

Moves
26 Mar 21
3 edits

rain

Moves
26 Mar 21
1 edit

As do you.

In contrast to the cocksure Vivify, I do NOT claim to know the truth, the whole truth,
and nothing but the truth about conditions for detained Uyghurs in Xinjiang.

But you attack every credible report Chinese human rights abuses, or just any news that puts China in a negative light. You may not "claim to know the truth" but you claim to "know" all negative reports about China, including genocide, are "lies" motivated by racism.

D

Moves
27 Mar 21

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
27 Mar 21

@vivify said
As do you.

In contrast to the cocksure Vivify, I do NOT claim to know the truth, the whole truth,
and nothing but the truth about conditions for detained Uyghurs in Xinjiang.

But you attack every credible report Chinese human rights abuses, or just any news that puts China in a negative light. You may not "claim to know the truth" but you claim to "know" all negative reports about China, including genocide, are "lies" motivated by racism.
Viv,

the Princess is in denial 😞