Dutchess64 banned?

Dutchess64 banned?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Jul 21

@Metal-Brain
You forget your meds again? I didn't even KNOW she was banned till I looked at some posts. I have not had anyone banned. But hey, believe what you want, you will anyway, since you are a card carrying Trump cultist and I am quite sure you wish you had been there on Jan 6, pounding cops with flagpoles, you remember that tourist day thing back then?

Über-Nerd

Moves
26 Jul 21
1 edit

@sh76
Duchess is simply what you get when you someone with lots of book information, unpopular and fairly radical politics and a missing social awareness filter,then keeps most people from lashing out about how they really feel at any given moment. I stopped taking offense to her many years ago as soon as I realized that she wasn't trying to be mean; she's just missing certain basic social skills. Sometimes I even got the sense that she was trying to be moderate to people, and even nice, but just didn't have the same sense of how to do it as most of us do.

Anyway, I don't know what the final straw was, but it seems to me that post removal for offending posts is the more appropriate remedy. Of course, it's possible that she was specifically warned a bunch of times and ignore them.

I do imagine that her posts were frustrating to people whose personalities prevents them from just scrolling past posts and ignoring them.

If Duchess does come back, it would be awesome if she could stick to telling us little nuggets of history adjunct to the discussion and figure out a way to skip the knee-jerk ad hominems.

@Suzianne
This is closer to the truth than most of the knee-jerk judgements people have made about her here. She had a difficult childhood and this perhaps stunted her ability to interact socially. But she wasn't a horrible person. She was just frustrated by having to interact in this forum with a culture she was less familiar with. She had an attenuated ability to sense when people were trying to be honest with her or truthful to her, or even taking her side. She did have a caring side, but it was difficult for her to express that, and I think this again was caused by her difficult childhood and lack of affection from her family. Literally no one here truly understood her, nor made an effort to do so, mostly because she rubbed people the wrong way. I feel it is extremely unfortunate and this must remain as an example to others as to the difficulties some people have with being socially adrift. I will miss her in these forums. She added a much-needed spice to counteract the boring sameness of most threads here.

@moonbus
Duchess is damaged. She didn't ask to be that way, but she chose to stay that way. Other people had troubled childhoods, too, and they don't spew out abuse the way she did.

She was abusive in ways which, had her posts appeared in any print medium (The Times, Newsweek, The Economist, etc. ), would have been grounds for libel suits. She was warned, forthrightly, politely, many times by several people to back off, and she chose to ignore the warnings.

Her manner of addressing interlocutors in the third person, as if they weren't here
Suzianne replied to sh76 . . .
was a silly affectation.

She was histrionic, pedantic, and petty, often nitpicking about minor factual or spelling/grammatical mistakes in a person's posts while completely missing the point or wildly misinterpreting what people had written.

She provoked people. She called them racists and liars when they are no such thing.

Her ability to carry on a logical argument was severely compromised by repeatedly descending to ad hominem retorts.

She thought Robt. Mugabe was a fine and heroic leader. This is not merely an unpopular political view, but outright denial of well-known and easily verified facts about the man.

She intruded on threads and twisted them, whatever their original intent or topic, to her own issues.

She was a bloody nuisance and a troll.

She violated copyright by copy-pasting walls of text which were the intellectual property of other sites. No longer the spice in the stew, she was diesel in the stew and a liability to the site.

My two cents.

Moves
30 Jul 21

@moonbus said
@sh76
Duchess is simply what you get when you someone with lots of book information, unpopular and fairly radical politics and a missing social awareness filter,then keeps most people from lashing out about how they really feel at any given moment. I stopped taking offense to her many years ago as soon as I realized that she wasn't trying to be mean; she's just missing certa ...[text shortened]... nger the spice in the stew, she was diesel in the stew and a liability to the site.

My two cents.
Are you going to keep repeating yourself until we are all bludgeoned into agreeing with you?

MB

Moves
30 Jul 21

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain
You forget your meds again? I didn't even KNOW she was banned till I looked at some posts. I have not had anyone banned. But hey, believe what you want, you will anyway, since you are a card carrying Trump cultist and I am quite sure you wish you had been there on Jan 6, pounding cops with flagpoles, you remember that tourist day thing back then?
"I have not had anyone banned"

If that is true it is not from a lack of trying. You tried to get me banned from the science forum. Remember?

MB

Moves
30 Jul 21

@suzianne said
Clearly, sonhouse had nothing to do with Duchess being banned. If anyone "triggered" her banning, it was not someone who regularly posts here.
You have no way of knowing that.
You are merely guessing and have no clue.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
30 Jul 21

@moonbus said
@sh76
Duchess is simply what you get when you someone with lots of book information, unpopular and fairly radical politics and a missing social awareness filter,then keeps most people from lashing out about how they really feel at any given moment. I stopped taking offense to her many years ago as soon as I realized that she wasn't trying to be mean; she's just missing certa ...[text shortened]... nger the spice in the stew, she was diesel in the stew and a liability to the site.

My two cents.
I agree to a certain extent.

Now, I’m no psychologist… but I have pointed out two factors about Duchess before:
- she showed signs of autism (aspergers).
- she showed signs of narcissism type 2.

Not the most popular mixture of personality traits. But the first is certainly something that should be considered before banning her. I, too, agree that to a certain extent that she couldn’t be anything other than what she was. I don’t think “choice” was in the equation.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
30 Jul 21
1 edit

@metal-brain said

If that is true it is not from a lack of trying. You tried to get me banned from the science forum. Remember?
Ya, duh.
You should be locked up with the monkeys in spirituality and the keys fed to the lions.

There is no comprehension why you should be on a scientific forum. None what so ever!
It’s an insult to logic.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Jul 21

@metal-brain said

The Science Forum is a place for facts, not whatever it is that you do.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Jul 21

@metal-brain said
You have no way of knowing that.
You are merely guessing and have no clue.
As usual, I have far more of a clue than you do.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
30 Jul 21

@suzianne said
As usual, I have far more of a clue than you do.
I think we should start calling Metalbrain “Mulder”.

Über-Nerd

Moves
30 Jul 21

Über-Nerd

Moves
30 Jul 21

@shavixmir said
I agree to a certain extent.

Now, I’m no psychologist… but I have pointed out two factors about Duchess before:
- she showed signs of autism (aspergers).
- she showed signs of narcissism type 2.

Not the most popular mixture of personality traits. But the first is certainly something that should be considered before banning her. I, too, agree that to a certain extent that she couldn’t be anything other than what she was. I don’t think “choice” was in the equation.
Duchess was not banned for who or what she is, but for behaviour contrary to the ToS. Others on this site are also Aspies and narcissists, they don't troll, abuse people, and copy-paste walls of copyrighted text, hence, they don't get banned.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Aug 21

Mark my words, Miss D was removed to ease someone's return to the Debates Forum.

It might take six months for the heat to die down so that people won't make the connection, but it'll happen.

Moves
01 Aug 21

@suzianne said
Mark my words, Miss D was removed to ease someone's return to the Debates Forum.

It might take six months for the heat to die down so that people won't make the connection, but it'll happen.
Huh. Interesting. I'm inclined to believe in your observations and forecast.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
01 Aug 21

@suzianne said

Cue Mission Impossible theme...

Hey while we're on conspiracies, whatever happened to the second thread about wanting the Duchess back that mysteriously disappeared?