Dershowitz: democrats cannot impeach Trump

Dershowitz: democrats cannot impeach Trump

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
20 Jan 21

@no1marauder said
No they didn't.

Belknap wasn't a Congressman or Senator.
Blount was expelled from office so he was not a civic officer. There is no evidence he was acquitted because he was determined to be a civic officer. You cannot be civic officer if you are not in office!

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
20 Jan 21

MB

Moves
20 Jan 21

"So the Senate rejected the idea that a Senator was "a civil officer of the United States within the meaning of the Constitution of the United States"

He was no longer a senator, so of course he was not a civil officer. You have to be in office to be a civil officer.

no1, you are claiming that applies to any senator. Once again, what is your source of information?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Jan 21

@metal-brain said
"So the Senate rejected the idea that a Senator was "a civil officer of the United States within the meaning of the Constitution of the United States"

He was no longer a senator, so of course he was not a civil officer. You have to be in office to be a civil officer.

no1, you are claiming that applies to any senator. Once again, what is your source of information?
The article YOU cited which declared the Blount case as precedent as well as over 220 years of practice where Senators and Congressman were expelled, but never impeached.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Jan 21
1 edit

@metal-brain said
Blount was expelled from office so he was not a civic officer. There is no evidence he was acquitted because he was determined to be a civic officer. You cannot be civic officer if you are not in office!
The Belknap case shows you are wrong. Ever member of the House and the majority of the Senate rejected your idea that leaving office required the abandonment of an impeachment trial.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
20 Jan 21

From the BBC:
But the political drama surrounding him is far from over. The US Senate is expected to put him on trial soon, following his record second impeachment by the House of Representatives for allegedly inciting the Capitol riot.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55728852

There you go. That’s how it is.
End of.

Or CNN:
https://www.google.nl/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/01/14/politics/donald-trump-impeachment-trial-joe-biden/index.html

Or AP news:

https://apnews.com/article/trump-impeachment-vote-capitol-siege-0a6f2a348a6e43f27d5e1dc486027860

Unlimited sources telling you trump has been impeached for a second time. And that the trial of his impeachment is a second matter altogether.

Scurry off and die.

MB

Moves
20 Jan 21
1 edit

@no1marauder said
The article YOU cited which declared the Blount case as precedent as well as over 220 years of practice where Senators and Congressman were expelled, but never impeached.
The article I post said it was not clear why the senate decided what it did. That makes that subsequent assertion false. Also, I asked for your source, not mine. Mine proves itself contradictory, kind of like you.

MB

Moves
20 Jan 21

@shavixmir said
From the BBC:
But the political drama surrounding him is far from over. The US Senate is expected to put him on trial soon, following his record second impeachment by the House of Representatives for allegedly inciting the Capitol riot.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55728852

There you go. That’s how it is.
End of.

Or CNN:
https://www.google.nl/amp/s/ ...[text shortened]... nd time. And that the trial of his impeachment is a second matter altogether.

Scurry off and die.
So was Blount and no1 says that is precedent for no impeachment. You say Blount was impeached and no1 says he was not. You work out your contradictions between you two.

Let me know what you two decide on then get back to me. 🙂

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Jan 21

@metal-brain said
The article I post said it was not clear why the senate decided what it did. That makes that subsequent assertion false.
No it doesn't. It makes the author's opinion in non-conformance with subsequent understanding and practice stemming from the Blount case.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Jan 21

@metal-brain said
So was Blount and no1 says that is precedent for no impeachment. You say Blount was impeached and no1 says he was not. You work out your contradictions between you two.

Let me know what you two decide on then get back to me. 🙂
Will you stop lying? I've said several times Blount was impeached.

MB

Moves
20 Jan 21

@no1marauder said
Will you stop lying? I've said several times Blount was impeached.
He was acquitted.

If he was impeached how can he be what set the precedent that senators cannot be impeached? Correct your contradiction!

MB

Moves
20 Jan 21

@no1marauder said
No it doesn't. It makes the author's opinion in non-conformance with subsequent understanding and practice stemming from the Blount case.
What is your source of information?!

Prove it or stop lying!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Jan 21

@metal-brain said
He was acquitted.

If he was impeached how can he be what set the precedent that senators cannot be impeached? Correct your contradiction!
There is no contradiction and this has explained several times already.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Jan 21
1 edit

@metal-brain said
What is your source of information?!

Prove it or stop lying!
Screw you. I've already given you multiple cites backing my argument while you have provided nothing supporting yours.

How many Senators have been impeached since Blount?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Jan 21

And Trump was impeached while in office anyway.