1. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    31 Oct '22 18:45
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    So you can't figure out how many acres it would take to sustain a human? Turns out to be about 10 acres per person, this is not rocket science.

So we need 80 BILLION acres to sustain 8 billion people.
    And there are only about 120 billion acres of land mass on the whole planet.

That says a lot right there.

We need to have LESS than a billion humans on ...[text shortened]... g in Russia, all those 30+ million killed of their own folks didn't do much to lower the population.
    I read some article a while back that the earth could sustain about 12 billion people maximum.
    That being said, you would also need to factor in improving the standard of living amongst the poorer areas of the earth.
    I'm not an expert in the field, but I would imagine that just bringing China, India and Africa up to the same standard of living as the US would be like adding a couple of billion people to the planet.

Remember, the US is a country with 5% of the world's population consuming 25% of the world's natural resources.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    31 Oct '22 21:55
    @mghrn55 said
    I read some article a while back that the earth could sustain about 12 billion people maximum.
    That being said, you would also need to factor in improving the standard of living amongst the poorer areas of the earth.
    I'm not an expert in the field, but I would imagine that just bringing China, India and Africa up to the same standard of living as the US would be like adding ...[text shortened]... he US is a country with 5% of the world's population consuming 25% of the world's natural resources.
    UP to the standard of living of the USA ?? A nation awash in angry people with guns, a dysfunctional political system, no national health care, pumping carbon into the atmosphere as if we had a spare planet in orbit right behind us … Thanks but no thanks.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '22 00:281 edit
    @moonbus said
    Every time you ask that, you get your nose bloodied. Every time you provide your source, you get your nose bloodied. You just don’t learn, do you ?
    You are such a liar. Every time I ask that nobody provides their source of information. His numbers are lies. If 10 acres per person is enough his land number is wrong. There is more than enough land per person in the world based on his own 10 acre assertion.

Sonhouse is spreading misinformation like he always does. He loves to spread lies while advocating censoring the truth. He calls the truth misinformation. That is the twisted world he lives in. The truth is that income inequality is why people consume more resources, not the population as a whole. It is wealthy people like Bill Gates flying around the world in his private jet plane that are the problem.

If you want to reduce carbon emissions kill wealthy people. Poor people are not the problem. The solution to global warming is Marxism.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    01 Nov '22 21:23
    @metal-brain said
    You are such a liar. Every time I ask that nobody provides their source of information. His numbers are lies. If 10 acres per person is enough his land number is wrong. There is more than enough land per person in the world based on his own 10 acre assertion.

Sonhouse is spreading misinformation like he always does. He loves to spread lies while advocating censoring th ...[text shortened]... ons kill wealthy people. Poor people are not the problem. The solution to global warming is Marxism.
    There are five remaining Marxist states in the world: China, N. Korea, Viet Nam, Laos, Cuba.

Carbon prints by country, China (highly insufficient):

https://climateactiontracker.org/countries/china/

Viet Nam (critically insufficient):

https://climateactiontracker.org/countries/vietnam/

I did not trouble myself to look up the data for the other three countries.

Don’t bother retorting that the USA ranks little better than China; that’s not the point. The point is, you’re wrong. Again. For the umpteenth time.

Since you seem to think Marxism is so great, I suggest you go live in N. Korea. I eagerly await your report on that.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '22 00:29
    @moonbus said
    There are five remaining Marxist states in the world: China, N. Korea, Viet Nam, Laos, Cuba.

Carbon prints by country, China (highly insufficient):

https://climateactiontracker.org/countries/china/

Viet Nam (critically insufficient):

https://climateactiontracker.org/countries/vietnam/

I did not trouble myself to look up the data for the other three countries. ...[text shortened]... o think Marxism is so great, I suggest you go live in N. Korea. I eagerly await your report on that.
    Wrong. There are no Marxist states.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '22 01:02
    According to Harari, who was promoting his new book, the big political question of the 21st century is “What do we need so many humans for?”

And it’s not even the first time Yuval Noah Harari has let slip regarding their plans for humanity. He recently declared that the WEF considers the vast majority of the human population to be obsolete, useless and redundant.

According to Harari, so-called “common people” are right to be fearful of a future in which they will be made “redundant”.

The WEF advisor assessed the widespread anxiety among “common people” as being rooted in a fear of being “left behind” in a future run by “smart people.”

Such fears are justified, according to Harari, who spoke on behalf of the elites and confirmed “We just don’t need the vast majority of you.”

https://newspunch.com/evil-wef-leader-caught-planning-mass-extinction-event-to-inner-circle/
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '22 06:00
    https://rairfoundation.com/exposed-leaked-hospital-email-reveals-explosion-of-stillbirths-video/
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Nov '22 13:36
    @moonbus said
    World Population is rising, only locally is it falling in some places.

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/
    Sen. Schumer Calls For Amnesty For 11+ Million Illegals Because American Population 'Is Not Reproducing On Its Own'.

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=63469

We need them to immigrate here according to Schumer. If they don't social security will implode.
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 Nov '22 14:36
    @mghrn55 said
    I'm not an expert in the field, but I would imagine that just bringing China, India and Africa up to the same standard of living as the US would be like adding ...[text shortened]... he US is a country with 5% of the world's population consuming 25% of the world's natural resources.
    I wonder what libs would come up with in the way of reducing that said 25% that we are consuming. It would be an interesting thread.
  10. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '22 19:34
    @mghrn55 said
    This would absolutely require lowering the standard of living for richer countries.

I read somewhere recently that there are 20,000 trillion ants living on earth right now and that their combined weight exceeds all living birds and mammals.

I'm not sure where this info fits into the conversation but there are 2.5 million ants for every person on earth.... Its interesting.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 Nov '22 20:24
    @metal-brain said
    Sen. Schumer Calls For Amnesty For 11+ Million Illegals Because American Population 'Is Not Reproducing On Its Own'.

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=63469

We need them to immigrate here according to Schumer. If they don't social security will implode.
    If I may,,,,,,but doesn’t Schumer, et al, promote aborting babies in this country, while at the same time, saying that we need to have more babies? God, this is such a simple question, why can you liberals not answer something so simple. Please someone answer this question.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 02:39
    @AverageJoe1
    By god you get it. Isn't the hypocrisy ridiculous?
    As if unwanted babies cannot be adopted. Why is it politically incorrect to talk about abortion and adoption in the same conversation? Is it too solution based?
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 07:38
    @mghrn55 said
    The gene vaccines are changing that. Depopulation has begun.

https://www.newstarget.com/2022-11-17-australia-63-percent-drop-births-covid-vaccines.html

Now they can start WW3 and dominate the world.
  14. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 14:55
    @metal-brain said
    The gene vaccines are changing that. Depopulation has begun.

https://www.newstarget.com/2022-11-17-australia-63-percent-drop-births-covid-vaccines.html

Now they can start WW3 and dominate the world.
    Lol the ants will inherit the earth.
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 15:081 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    If I may,,,,,,but doesn’t Schumer, et al, promote aborting babies in this country, while at the same time, saying that we need to have more babies? God, this is such a simple question, why can you liberals not answer something so simple. Please someone answer this question.
    Yes forcing women to give birth is bad on a dystopian level
    Giving refuge to those seeking a better life is good in and of itself and the fact that it brings economic advantages and refuels the labour pool are welcome bonuses.
    There Joe, glad to be of some assistance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree