1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Jun '20 20:46
    @eladar said
    I am surprised by how little people know about the links between the immune system, vitamin d and vitamin d production by the skin.

It is 80 degrees F, I must be able to make vitamin d! Wrong

UVB makes vitamin d and UVB does not produce heat.
    But if your correct and your not why is Brazil losing so many souls, their equatorial by the way.
    Everyone knows that vitamin d is a good thing but it’s not a magic bullet and to advise people to forget the corona virus because if it is murderous.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '20 23:421 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    But if your correct and your not why is Brazil losing so many souls, their equatorial by the way.
    Everyone knows that vitamin d is a good thing but it’s not a magic bullet and to advise people to forget the corona virus because if it is murderous.
    Look at their UV ratings. They are mostly darker skinned people so they do not make vitamin d as easily as light skinned people.

Seriously, look up the UV ratings. You only get UVB when the rating is high.

Your ignorance bleeds through every statement you make.

Next thing you will say is but it is warm!
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '20 23:501 edit
    How can we ever survive a virus that kills on average 10 to 20 people in each state each day!?!?

How can we survive? It is killing mostly 65 year olds and older like typical flu, but this is not a flu because it is a flu that nobody has had yet!

But wait, now people have had it, so is it a flu now?
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 00:31
    @eladar said
    How can we ever survive a virus that kills on average 10 to 20 people in each state each day!?!?

How can we survive? It is killing mostly 65 year olds and older like typical flu, but this is not a flu because it is a flu that nobody has had yet!

But wait, now people have had it, so is it a flu now?
    Is what's happening to humanity right now just a source of entertainment to you?

You're some sick puppy.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 01:332 edits
    @kewpie said
    Is what's happening to humanity right now just a source of entertainment to you?

You're some sick puppy.
    What is happening is next to nothing.

What is entertainment is the hysteria media is whipping people into.

Surely you remember the Hong Kong Flu. They were stuffing dead bodies in trucks back then too. Yet somehow people survived without any of this crap.

Seriously, about 15 people a day die in each state. 15 people out of millions.
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 02:33
    @eladar said
    You do not know much about Vitamin D production. Either that or you do not know how vitamin D improves your immune system and how it prevents your immune system from over reacting.

How does Coronavirus kill? Over reacting immune response.
    You watch too much Rogan.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 03:23
    @shavixmir said
    You watch too much Rogan.
    Who is Rogan?

I know Hogan, as in Hogan's Heroes.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 03:28
    @eladar said
    I am seeing story after story about how the number of corona virus cases are going up, up, up. But the number of deaths? Oh, no mention of that at all.

The US has many, many, many hospitals. If say Houston Texas hospitals are full, why not send patients to hospitals in Sugarland or other surrounding large cities?

All this stuff is hype.

Oh no, a virus! It is a virus! How can humanity survive a virus?
    It could be the common cold or flu. There is no specific test for the SARS2 virus.

Here’s the problem, we are testing people for any strain of a Coronavirus. Not specifically for COVID-19. There are no reliable tests for a specific COVID-19 virus.
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 06:35
    @eladar said
    I am surprised by how little people know about the links between the immune system, vitamin d and vitamin d production by the skin.

It is 80 degrees F, I must be able to make vitamin d! Wrong

UVB makes vitamin d and UVB does not produce heat.
    In fact probably all Europeans around know About Vitamin D.

But please cite a study that any Level of Vitamin D is shielding from the Virus.

And you might alos look for over-exposure. All Things in the Body Need to be in an Equilibrium. Too much of something which is good can have negative effects. Overexposure is only possible with orally given Vitamin D, but some People will jump on "silver bullets"...
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 19:58
    @Eladar
    Vitamin D will help but only so far, the virus can cause an immune explosion even in folks with full D load. BTW, going overboard with D doesn't do a BIT of good, you get best benefit from a couple thousand units a day and if you take 10,000 units you just poop it our or pee it out. Like vitamin C, 1 gram a day is way more than enough and then you just pee out the excess.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 23:32
    @eladar said
    Oh no, say it is not so!

Is this anything close to Spanish Flu numbers. Remember, the Spanish Flu was a flu, this virus is not a flu.
    Don't you think responses to a pandemic should improve with a 100 years of medicine?

Maybe you want Polio back to compare with century-old rates?
  12. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 01:33
    @eladar said
    I am seeing story after story about how the number of corona virus cases are going up, up, up. But the number of deaths? Oh, no mention of that at all.

The US has many, many, many hospitals. If say Houston Texas hospitals are full, why not send patients to hospitals in Sugarland or other surrounding large cities?

All this stuff is hype.

Oh no, a virus! It is a virus! How can humanity survive a virus?
    My sister and her nurse friend sent some blank swabs for testing recently. They came back positive for corona virus. You tell me.
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 06:47
    @kquinn909 said
    My sister and her nurse friend sent some blank swabs for testing recently. They came back positive for corona virus. You tell me.
    You better make this information available to media with the approbriate evidence and then see what happens.
  14. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 08:09
    @metal-brain said
    It could be the common cold or flu. There is no specific test for the SARS2 virus.

Here’s the problem, we are testing people for any strain of a Coronavirus. Not specifically for COVID-19. There are no reliable tests for a specific COVID-19 virus.
    RT-PCR looks for the RdRp gene which is specific to SARS-CoV-2 [1]. The British government specifically make the claim that the test developed by Public Health England can detect the presence of any coronavirus and whether it's SARS-CoV-2 or not [2]. It's not the only test that can do this.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_testing
    [2] https://www.gov.uk/government/news/phe-novel-coronavirus-diagnostic-test-rolled-out-across-uk
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 23:34
    @Eladar
    Your empathy rating is right up there with your god king Trump. ZERO.
    1,000 a day + dead and you think no big deal.
    58,000+ new cases a day now in the US. 2 days of that and it equals the ENTIRE case load in Canada, now 3 MILLION with C19 in the US.

Yep, just another flu, bound to go away not that it is the middle of July and all that UV is streaming off the sun......

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree