1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 03:11
    @eladar said
    I am seeing story after story about how the number of corona virus cases are going up, up, up. But the number of deaths? Oh, no mention of that at all.

The US has many, many, many hospitals. If say Houston Texas hospitals are full, why not send patients to hospitals in Sugarland or other surrounding large cities?

All this stuff is hype.

Oh no, a virus! It is a virus! How can humanity survive a virus?
    Are you sure?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 16:36
    @shavixmir
    570 a day and 137,000+ dead already. I guess that is nothing in his eyes.
    Unless it happened to him, eh.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 02:12
    @kquinn909 said
    My sister and her nurse friend sent some blank swabs for testing recently. They came back positive for corona virus. You tell me.
    Some fruit in Tanzania tested positive.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 02:53
    @Trev33

So the death count is now over 137,000. Just suck it up America, look what happened 100 years ago, this is NOTHING I say. NOTHING. Go back to work, go to the gym, go to that dance hall, go to that baseball or football game with thousands of people jammed together, WHEE lets all have FUN again........
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 03:46
    I’m not hearing much about the hospital / IC situation in Florida and Texas.
    Is it under control, that anybody knows?
  6. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 05:47
    @shavixmir said
    I’m not hearing much about the hospital / IC situation in Florida and Texas.
    Is it under control, that anybody knows?
    Most Texas hospitals are flooded or nearing their limits. Same with Arizona. Florida, which has a lot of old codgers to begin with, still has some hospital capacity, but dozens report no more available ICU beds. All three states are pulling in extra medical personnel (like nurses) either from military reserves, or from other states that have them to spare. Some hospitals in rural western Texas are turning Covid patients away because there's no room. Some critical patients are being taken by helicopter hundreds of miles to hospitals that can accommodate them.

California also has a growing number of cases, comparable to Texas and Florida, but the state isn't quite as bad off because it has a quite large population to begin with.

The US chose to rush into reopening bars in exchange for shuttering schools come the fall. That is where the nation's priorities lie. Republican priorities, anyway.

So, basically, nothing to worry about. Obviously it's just the flu and it's all going to go away soon when the healing powers of the sun set to work and make everything better. Trump says we just need to reduce testing to reduce the number of cases. Old news, you say? Not at all: he said it again today in a rambling -- no, clinically demented -- speech in the Rose Garden outside the White House today:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/14/trump-says-us-would-have-half-the-number-of-coronavirus-cases-if-it-did-half-the-testing.html

Arizona and Texas are scrambling to bring in fleets of refrigerated trucks as the morgues fill up:

https://news.yahoo.com/arizona-texas-requesting-refrigerated-trucks-100007662.html

Just the flu though -- carry on, buy lots of stuff you don't need, and make the economy great for Dear Leader in time for election day.

Here in Pennsylvania things are going well, however. Small wonder: we have a Democratic governor, and he did the necessary things to clamp down on the spread of the virus. The feral ass clowns in the Pennsylvania state legislature -- dominated by Republicans thanks to Republican gerrymandering -- were screaming to have the state reopen for business way back in April. Had we listened to those demented Death Eaters we'd be an apocalyptic hellscape like Arizona is now. And yet Arizona, Florida, Texas, Georgia, South Carolina -- all those states and others haven't seen anything yet.
  7. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 06:04
    Lots of statistics here for the US:
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

For the world:
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Texas and Florida are starting to tally record high numbers of deaths. That's always the way: deaths lag initial infection by about a month.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 10:53
    @sonhouse said
    @Trev33

So the death count is now over 137,000. Just suck it up America, look what happened 100 years ago, this is NOTHING I say. NOTHING. Go back to work, go to the gym, go to that dance hall, go to that baseball or football game with thousands of people jammed together, WHEE lets all have FUN again........
    The world isn't just America, why state just the American deaths? Does anyone who dies outside of America not matter?
  9. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 11:10
    @kevcvs57 said
    elader @said
    “ The point is that now that UVB radiation is in the US, now is the time to get sick and survive!”

I was referring to this you retard, or was this posted by another elader. You’ve been talking utter grasping at straws 💩 on this subject from day one. Probably time to stop you just look more idiotic with every post.
    I think that we all know by now that Eladar is a fictional character.

In his bleak world, agitating for gossip and turmoil is a pleasant diversion. He rips pages from history books. Many contain images of Cromwell.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Jul '20 23:16
    Siblings aged 13, 18 & 20 lose both parents to COVID-19.
    (just like the flu?)

YouTube
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jul '20 00:111 edit
    @wolfgang59
    I think Eladar is too embarrassed to show up here with his pitiful post.
    Now 145,000 dead and the death stats back over 1000 a DAY. Four MILLION confirmed covid cases here in the US and it is daily getting worse, Texas, Florida, and California are the present hot spots but the south is going to be in trouble also with those absolutely STUPID republican governors actually SUING to stop cities from issuing wear mask ordinances.
    It seems they WANT people to die. What other motivation do the have other than their noses so far up Trumps butt when he looks in a mirror he sees about a dozen noses staring back at him.
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Jul '20 03:50
    An interesting bit of comedy:
    YouTube

Seemingly, all trump’s failings on this pandemic are an exact copy of Wilson’s failings during the Spanish flu pandemic of 1918 (or 1917 if you’re trump... for some reason).
  13. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    25 Jul '20 03:55
    @sonhouse said
    @wolfgang59
    I think Eladar is too embarrassed to show up here with his pitiful post.
    Now 145,000 dead and the death stats back over 1000 a DAY. Four MILLION confirmed covid cases here in the US and it is daily getting worse, Texas, Florida, and California are the present hot spots but the south is going to be in trouble also with those absolutely STUPID republican governor ...[text shortened]... ses so far up Trumps butt when he looks in a mirror he sees about a dozen noses staring back at him.
    The Republican Party is now a party of Death Eaters.

"Make Lord Voldemort Great Again."
  14. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    25 Jul '20 09:39
    @eladar said
    I am seeing story after story about how the number of corona virus cases are going up, up, up. But the number of deaths? Oh, no mention of that at all.

The US has many, many, many hospitals. If say Houston Texas hospitals are full, why not send patients to hospitals in Sugarland or other surrounding large cities?

All this stuff is hype.

Oh no, a virus! It is a virus! How can humanity survive a virus?
    I see the contamination number of the "winter" flu, as you called it, not really going down during the peak of summer. Are you ready to admit you made a ridiculous statement earlier about the danger of this virus and are now making more insane comments about it?
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Jul '20 12:13
    @mghrn55 said
    Yes. There are more important issues for America to address in Trump's second term.

We get it. Now move along.
    We don't know yet if Trump will actually have a second term do we.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree