1. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 03:18
    This came out the mouth of a former senior advisor to the US President. In other words, this is someone who is supposed to be intelligent. This is someone who should know how to use words correctly. He said the current President wants to force Americans to “stop eating meat, stop eating poultry and fish, seafood, eggs, dairy and animal-based fats”.

“OK, got that? No burgers on 4 July. No steaks on the barbecue … So get ready. You can throw back a plant-based beer with your grilled Brussels sprouts and wave your American flag.”

GONE WILL BE THE DAYS WHEN WE CAN DRINK MEAT BASED BEER!!!! .

This absurd statement obscures the underlying and false argument that the current US President is even proposing that we eliminate meat from our diets. This is an imaginary argument about protestors that burned our cities to the ground

It's fear mongering. It's cagey. It's fake news. But it's also on prime time television and delivered by a very powerful person in American politics. Why is this guy even allowed to speak? Are we getting dumber?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 03:57
    @wildgrass said
    This came out the mouth of a former senior advisor to the US President. In other words, this is someone who is supposed to be intelligent. This is someone who should know how to use words correctly. He said the current President wants to force Americans to “stop eating meat, stop eating poultry and fish, seafood, eggs, dairy and animal-based fats”.

“OK, got that? No burg ...[text shortened]... powerful person in American politics. Why is this guy even allowed to speak? Are we getting dumber?
    I'd wager the ones getting dumber are the ones listening to this idiot.
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 04:16
    I for one am getting dumber.

A friend of my daughter refused wine gums. Explaining she was vegetarian.

Meat based sweeties.
    Uhuh.

Now, I know what gelatine is made from. But not once in my life did I connect it to the eating of meat.

The girl does eat vegan-proof piggy sweets (sort of like wine gums without gelatine... but shaped like a pig’s face).

Quite a nice tasting sweet (nothing as good as Bassett’s wine gums though), but there is something seriously funky about the texture.

Oh. I seem to have went off track.
    Well, let me finish this off anyways:

Wine gums and salt & vinegar crisps are proof that God doesn’t exist. Otherwise they’d be healthy for you.
  4. S. Korea
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 06:32
    There are stated goals of reducing meat consumption because it does have a negative impact on our planet.

I generally support these, but we should not take cues from any global organization that seeks to undermine sovereignty.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 10:09
    @philokalia said
    There are stated goals of reducing meat consumption because it does have a negative impact on our planet.

I generally support these, but we should not take cues from any global organization that seeks to undermine sovereignty.
    Which sinister global organisation is this now, fundamentalist Christianity perhaps? Maybe huge multinational corporations that are raping our national coffers and avoiding taxation?
    Cmon spill the beans who are these enemies of the sovereign state.
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 11:42
    @kevcvs57 said
    Which sinister global organisation is this now, fundamentalist Christianity perhaps? Maybe huge multinational corporations that are raping our national coffers and avoiding taxation?
    Cmon spill the beans who are these enemies of the sovereign state.
    In the end, we will discover it is Obama and Susan Rice....these 2 people are totally in charge. Given that Biden is a puppet, dont be fooled that it is AOC and Bernie running things.
    O is president again, and Rice is VP. They want us to be squirming about small matters , as they do their real work.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 12:57
    @averagejoe1 said
    In the end, we will discover it is Obama and Susan Rice....these 2 people are totally in charge. Given that Biden is a puppet, dont be fooled that it is AOC and Bernie running things.
    O is president again, and Rice is VP. They want us to be squirming about small matters , as they do their real work.
    So the targets of your paranoid delusions just happen to be Black politicians?
    Have you thought about why this might be the case given that you are in no way racist, is it their culture that concerns you?
    You didn’t seem to mind the last POTUS being a front for the ‘Proud Boys’ and the KKK.
  8. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 13:25
    @suzianne said
    I'd wager the ones getting dumber are the ones listening to this idiot.
    Maybe I should clarify. I was referring to the top political advisor to the former president. He either does not know what beer is made of, and is completely making things up as he goes (which is bad), or he actually thinks there's meat in beer (which is bad).

Which is it? Is he stupid or lying?
  9. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 15:05
    @averagejoe1 said
    Given that Biden is a puppet, dont be fooled that it is AOC and Bernie running things.

I'm good with that. 🙂
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 16:06
    @wildgrass said

“OK, got that? No burg ...[text shortened]... powerful person in American politics. Why is this guy even allowed to speak? Are we getting dumber?
    If we can vote for someone who believes windmills cause cancer and wonders if injecting bleach into the body is an effective way to prevent disease, there's a strong case for a collective decline in American intelligence. Considering the U.S. has already had a reputation for stupidity worldwide for decades, this is quite worrying.

The bigger issue is that it's legal for these politicians and political pundits to claim such blatant falsehoods. There should legal consequences for knowingly spreading lies, especially if you're an influential public figure. If you're an elected official who was caught on audio admitting you lied about the seriousness of a public crises like a pandemic, there should legal consequences.

If it's illegal to lie to the government, it should be illegal for members of the government to lie to the public for personal or political gain. It should be illegal for the media as well.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 16:391 edit
    @wildgrass said

I do not believe that the thin end of the bell curve suddenly got thicker. What I believe happened is that stupid found its poster boy. It used to be that dolts were too ashamed to speak out. Mr. Inject Bleach himself gave those people a new boldness and sense of mission. There aren’t more of them than before, it’s only that they lost their sense of shame to speak out.
  12. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 17:481 edit
    People generally believe and espouse that which *makes them happy*, not that which is truth.
    Hence, fake news generators simply make up a story that pleases their people (target audience) and go with it.

Strangely enough [cough], people on each side of the aisle accuse the other side of fake news generation,
    not realizing it is a two way street. Liberals can claim foul in this thread, I suppose (have not investigated) but...

Mr. Inject Bleach himself gave those people a new boldness and sense of mission.

Would any of you same liberals show me where President Trump actually recommended to the masses
    to inject themselves with bleach? I ask here because I have asked several times in the past and never gotten an answer.

pssssttt.... that's because it was FAKE NEWS all along and dumbass dems *believe* it.
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 18:38
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Would any of you same liberals show me where President Trump actually recommended to the masses
    to inject themselves with bleach? I ask here because I have asked several times in the past and never gotten an answer.

pssssttt.... that's because it was FAKE NEWS all along and dumbass dems *believe* it.
    He didn't claim Trump recommended this. You just misquoted that poster, making your post (by your own standards) "fake news".

Trump wondered out loud of putting bleach into the body was possibly a good idea. This is epic stupidity that not even the best fiction writers could make up.
  14. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 20:15
    @vivify - said
    This is epic stupidity

It sure is!! that's the bait that makes liberals want to believe in the worst way that it is true.
    And that is exactly why I want to see the link.
    Viv, I've seen the video before. But I want to see if liberals dare to post it here.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 21:081 edit
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    So you think it's ok for republicans to keep up the big lie, making up pure BS in order to propagate the Trump Bid Lie. And he is at it again saying how GREAT it is in Arizona where they will PROVE there was massive voter fraud and remove that usurper Biden and make Trump the REAL POTUS again.

Total BULLSHYTE.

Funny how they are just worried about dem wins in Arizona, apparently NONE of the other races, especially those won by repubs, Nope, no fraud here, ONLY in those contemptable dem votes.

It IS clear they are right about reduced collective intelligence.
    And the graph is being lowered by REPUBLICANS cynically and PATHETIC attack on the votes in Arizona, BTW, run by INCOMPETENT BOOBS, bringing in colored pens to the counting stations and the so called leader says we can't? News to me.....

Like I said TOTAL incompetence but that is EXACTLY what the assshole state republicans want.

They hang on to the coattails of the defeated Trump and will DIE with him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree