Can each of us have diff version of American dream?

Can each of us have diff version of American dream?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15d

@averagejoe1 said
It is accepted that his dictator thingy was not literal, as you certainly know it was not. Why don’t you quit on that, and while you are at it quit on railing about incest and rape victims not being able to have abortions. Of course they can. That is really getting old.
itry to relax, take a valum, and Google Trump having said to ingest bleach, he did not , that his ...[text shortened]... e Snopes et al. You get so emotional, and seems you repeat yourself a lot. Try being a bit creative.
Don't you get tired carrying his water?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15d

@averagejoe1 said
Good post, but you’d have to elaborate on ‘treated equal’. In what way? To what end? Mamala Kamala wants everyone to end up at the same place at the end of the day. It could mean anything. What do You think it means?
I think it could be great if young black men could drive down the street and not be afraid for their lives when they see a cop behind them.

When compared to your problems, your problems don't seem so bad, do they, white boy?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15d

@averagejoe1 said
I would have ridden that train with you, but there was no where else to go. You got off at the last stop, I still gaze longingly out at the passing fruited plains. But why dwell on the past? We are where we are and we have to take the best road that is available to us. We agree.!
Except that for minorities, that best road doesn't exist because of people like you keeping them off it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15d

@averagejoe1 said
This is really off-the-wall, but you might imagine how unbelievable conservatives find liberals when it comes to government support. It is just amazing to us. I am asking you to consider that Shav has been writing about how little he would like to work, maybe only 20 hours a week. But he never, as I say, closes, by telling us what happens when he can’t work anymore. What ...[text shortened]... nished proposal, his life, ‘his’ dream?
Are my queries so mean? SHouse calls me asswipe. Why?
This is bull. You guys are not where the rubber meets the road.

You talk a good game, but then shovel money uphill to the rich.

Just stop lying about it.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
15d

@averagejoe1 said
Too many varying opinions on environment, you fellers are struggling, not us.
Criminals should not have guns, don’t know what that has to do with this. Comprehension problem?
Yes, there could be a better president! Maybe me. That is irrelevant to this issue.
Corps were voted free stuff by your reps. That means you voted for it.
There is no quid pro quo money for non-c ...[text shortened]... s$, the result of MY American dream…….Am I correct that you people want to get it from me? McHill?
No. Again, you can’t handle someone having a different opinion than yourself. And instead of saying: “I disagree with you.” You think you haven’t been answered.

Basically rendering any discussion with you completely pointless.

And in a side note: your opinions, from an international perspective, are bat shyte crazy.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
14d

@averagejoe1 said
You are right, there is no American dream per se. There are around 300M of them, all different. Shav has a dream to work as little as possible. I want to work as hard as I can, build a big nest egg. That is a logical concept on the whole, but many people try to encroach or change the dreams of others
That just ain’t right, is it.
Everyone wants to work as little as possible and build as big a nest egg as possible Joe
It’s not just America though it’s a species thang

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
14d

@suzianne said
There IS an American Dream.

If only people like AvJoe would stop fighting it.
It’s not an American dream it’s a species dream, it’s like football, you stuck the word American in front of it and claimed it as your own even though it predates the US by hundreds of thousands of years

w

Moves
14d

@averagejoe1 said
As a liberal, which you certainly are, you think the issue is comparing saving the world to building a wall. That is not the issue, it is the mistakes, in both cases, of two leaders blocked from finishing their leaderships. Did u miss where I said that a $20B wall would have been quite the success, considering no crime or drugs or trafficking, nor spending $150 billion fi ...[text shortened]... ote for anybody that had a trash mouth. I think Michael Jordan had a trash mouth. I will look it up.
A $20 billion wall should be a simple infrastructure project. He had 4 years and support from Republicans and Americans.

Could.

Not.

Get.

It.

Done.

Played golf and tweeted all day.

Lake Como

Moves
14d

@sonhouse said
@Mott-The-Hoople
Oh? It's a lie Trump said he would be a dictator on day one?
Trump didn't say ingest bleach, kills covid in minutes?
Trump didn't talk about our colonial soldiers protecting the airports?
You just categorize anything democrats do as bad and anything Trumpites do as golden.
And you, how did you say, categorize…..?…. everything that Repubs do as bad? So I categorize it one way and you categorize it another.
Get to the point? And please no more about ingesting bleach, it is clearly known that he did not say that literally as you suggest he did. Boring.

Lake Como

Moves
14d

@suzianne said
There IS an American Dream.

If only people like AvJoe would stop fighting it.
There are many dreams. How could a guy like Shav, or a person like you, and me, all have the same dream?!??
Sue?
And what, pray tell, does “fighting it” mean

Lake Como

Moves
14d

@kevcvs57 said
Everyone wants to work as little as possible and build as big a nest egg as possible Joe
It’s not just America though it’s a species thang
Kev, you are wrong right out of the gate. If Shav says he would like to work only 20 hours a week, that means he is not trying to build a nest egg. So you are incorrect to say everyone is trying to build a nest egg. Geez. And neither of you have bothered to tell me what happens to a man who does not build any nest egg, who at the end of his working days, has nothing to live on. I simply asked where would his support come from no one will answer me.

Lake Como

Moves
14d

@kevcvs57 said
It’s not an American dream it’s a species dream, it’s like football, you stuck the word American in front of it and claimed it as your own even though it predates the US by hundreds of thousands of years
? Huh?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
14d

@averagejoe1 said
Kev, you are wrong right out of the gate. If Shav says he would like to work only 20 hours a week, that means he is not trying to build a nest egg. So you are incorrect to say everyone is trying to build a nest egg. Geez. And neither of you have bothered to tell me what happens to a man who does not build any nest egg, who at the end of his working days, has nothing to live on. I simply asked where would his support come from no one will answer me.
Hey Joe the clever entrepreneurial types work 0 hours a week, earn a fortune and pay 0 taxes.
I’m sure shav is building as big a nest as he chooses to build whilst working as little as he can. Why would you have any other strategy 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lake Como

Moves
14d

@suzianne said
Don't you get tired carrying his water?
Quiet to the contrary, I will carry whatever I can to get him over that finish line

Lake Como

Moves
14d
2 edits

@kevcvs57 said
Hey Joe the clever entrepreneurial types work 0 hours a week, earn a fortune and pay 0 taxes.
I’m sure shav is building as big a nest as he chooses to build whilst working as little as he can. Why would you have any other strategy 🤷🏻‍♂️
Your post is loaded with traction. First para is nothing, put a few more zeros in there. It Did work, however, to pull the Kevs and sues off subject. Oh wait, you are Kev.
The nest? The Shav category of citizens is limited though, in the size of nest. They get by, they are happy just getting by, nil investments or savings.
How do they survive after they quit work? Whew. So easy.
As an aside, do you think my questions are so simple that they bely logic to liberals? If you won’t answer this one (maybe talk about the rich instead) could you at least tell us why you will not answer?

PS: would I have another strategy,? Yes, to make the most of my last few years on this earth. It is hard to make the most of anything without a retirement account.