Black Lives Matter Demands White People Give Up Their Homes

Black Lives Matter Demands White People Give Up Their Homes

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Aug 20

@AverageJoe1

Acted improperly. A weak defense and weak words. They were THUGS and racist thugs at that.

Lake Como

Moves
25 Aug 20

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1

Acted improperly. A weak defense and weak words. They were THUGS and racist thugs at that.
You are right. Bad choice of words if a cop indeed murdered a guy, like they did Floyd, who didn't do anything. But at the moment, even if there were 11 babies and a granny i the back seat, it isn't about them. What did he do (gun on the seat?) which caused the cop to shoot SEVEN times? I think we still dont know, I looked at your video, maybe body cameras will tell. IF murder, I will be glad to send a check to a fund for the guy they shot 7 times. Sometimes you imply that all repubs are in favor of cops killing blacks, You know that we are not.

But this poses a question.......On the other hand, we conservatives wonder ;how in the HELL you do not speak up against what your brothers are doing in the ravaged cities. But, you are not alone, as not any of the lib politicians are, either. Yes, we wonder indeed. It is not likely that we condone the cop killings, but it is likely (a fact) that you condone Portland, by your nonfeasance .

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
25 Aug 20

@AverageJoe1

I agree with you, conservatives do NOT want to see injustices like this and I think the cop should FRY. My opinion.
Shooting someone seven times because you THINK he may be reaching for a
gun is such bullcrap. There is something very very wrong with how cops are
trained. That's all I can say.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Aug 20
1 edit

@AverageJoe1
There was nobody looking IN the car, they just grabbed his t shirt and started shooting for ZERO reason except the dude was black.
And the kids in the back seat WAS a problem, like even if they didn't directly aim at the kids, any ricochet could have still injured them regardless.

Like I said, if it had been a white dude, none of that would have happened.

If he survives, I hope they bankrupt that police department AND put those cops on trial for unwarranted assault even if he survives. That is up in the air right now.

The cops didn't even CONSIDER the psychological damage done to the kids in any event.

We went through something almost as bad here in our oh so white town in Pennsylvania but nobody got shot but one of my sons got severely beaten by the cops in a mis-identification. Lawsuit ongoing for that terrible day. My wife even got injured in that arrest. Cops barged into the house with no warrant on a domestic dispute where normally they, assuming they were not thugs, would have said, Hey come down to the station so we can talk about it.
All they did was crash into the house, injured my wife in so doing, beat up one son and had another pinned to a couch and both arrested and thrown in jail.

So we KNOW police brutality and racism which is rife here in our town.
Those sons are Hispanic, brown skinned, and have been dealing with racism for a couple of decades now. We want to get out of this crappy shytehole as soon as we can, MAYBE find a town not so obviously racist.
Racist and sexist.
There was a business opened up near our house, making chicken wings and they were the best we ever ate, were glad to see it open up,
Problem was the couple who owned it were lesbians so within 6 months, they were out even though the business was doing great.

Lake Como

Moves
25 Aug 20

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
There was nobody looking IN the car, they just grabbed his t shirt and started shooting for ZERO reason except the dude was black.
And the kids in the back seat WAS a problem, like even if they didn't directly aim at the kids, any ricochet could have still injured them regardless.

Like I said, if it had been a white dude, none of that would have happened.
...[text shortened]... o owned it were lesbians so within 6 months, they were out even though the business was doing great.
You were wronged of course, and this situation demands justice for the guy. Put the cops in jail and let the inmates deal with him. Sorry you went through that, i imagine the wrong kind of people including racists such as that are drawn to jobs in the police atmosphere, where they can take it out on people. Can younimagine being a cop i could not do it under any circumstances

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
25 Aug 20

@sonhouse Like I said, if it had been a white dude, none of that would have happened.

C'mon, dude. You can't say that.

What I will say to challenge you is,, if it had been a white dude, it would not be on TV and go viral

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
25 Aug 20

@AverageJoe1 Can younimagine being a cop i could not do it under any circumstances

I couldn't agree more. But there may be hope on the way, if Progressive Joe wins in November.
Yes, it seems Joe will allow all police to work from home! Excellent stroke.

😆

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
26 Aug 20

@averagejoe1 said
@kevcvs57 Is not my answer above logical? He was a guy who took a chance in the street scenario. Of course it is sad, and if the facts show the cops acted improperly, they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. But you are a bit far-afield of my simple post that says people would be safer if they will avoid the street. I wasn't writing about a particular person.
You are seriously off your rocker unless the US has morphed into a truly fascist state. I’m pretty sure it’s the job of the cops to make the streets safe rather than the contrary.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
26 Aug 20

@kevcvs57 said
You are seriously off your rocker unless the US has morphed into a truly fascist state. I’m pretty sure it’s the job of the cops to make the streets safe rather than the contrary.
Kev, it is *in theory* the cops job to make the streets safer. Unfortunately, the cops
want to make them safer for *themselves*, to wit - when the Wisconsin victim did
not heed cops warning to "stop" and he doesn't, why kill the guy, or try???

The police don't want to take a chance to see if he comes up with a gun - too
risky. So they shoot him. Make sense??? Makes no sense at all, other than it
makes the police's job easier and less risky. Cool.

My other beef is, shot him.. SEVEN BLEEPING TIMES??? Jeeeezus come on.
How many shots to the back does it take to immobilize a human???

The cops in this USA are foooked up. That's all I can say.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
27 Aug 20

@earl-of-trumps said
Kev, it is *in theory* the cops job to make the streets safer. Unfortunately, the cops
want to make them safer for *themselves*, to wit - when the Wisconsin victim did
not heed cops warning to "stop" and he doesn't, why kill the guy, or try???

The police don't want to take a chance to see if he comes up with a gun - too
risky. So they shoot him. Make sense??? M ...[text shortened]... oes it take to immobilize a human???

The cops in this USA are foooked up. That's all I can say.
I agree and I still think it comes down to recruitment criteria and lack of initial and ongoing training to try and drum into them that their gun is a last resort rather than an opening gambit.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Aug 20

@no1marauder said
Actually revenue collected in 2018 fell both in nominal and especially real terms because of the tax cut.https://www.crfb.org/blogs/tax-bill-did-not-cause-revenue-rise

And it never came close to delivering the 5% GNP growth that was promised.
It never does.

"Trickle-down" is yet another Republican fairy tale.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Aug 20

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1

We went through something almost as bad here in our oh so white town in Pennsylvania but nobody got shot but one of my sons got severely beaten by the cops in a mis-identification. Lawsuit ongoing for that terrible day. My wife even got injured in that arrest. Cops barged into the house with no warrant on a domestic dispute where normally they, assuming they ...[text shortened]... rested and thrown in jail.

So we KNOW police brutality and racism which is rife here in our town.
Sounds like you got swatted, man.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Swatting

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Aug 20

@Earl-of-Trumps

Is that a fact. So there is that kid who just killed 2 people and injured another 2, carrying an AR15 holding his hands up in the air with his weapon and the police just driving by.

Wait, I forgot. That kid was white.

So you tell me what you think would have happened had that kid been black......

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
29 Aug 20

@sonhouse said
@Earl-of-Trumps

Is that a fact. So there is that kid who just killed 2 people and injured another 2, carrying an AR15 holding his hands up in the air with his weapon and the police just driving by.

Wait, I forgot. That kid was white.

So you tell me what you think would have happened had that kid been black......
He likely would have been arrested and all hell would have broken loose.

And BTW, mister 'concerned citizen', where were you when four people were shot
in the CHAZ zone in Seattle, killing two? That was Ok, right???

Prejudice so thick you can cut it with a knife.