Bercow for Prime Minister?

Bercow for Prime Minister?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Oct 19

@kevcvs57 said
Hahaha from a supporter of the conservative government led by Boris Johnson. Satirical post of the week for sure, nice one.
I’m not a supporter of the Conservative Party and never have been.

Moves
07 Oct 19

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
07 Oct 19

@divegeester said
I’m not a supporter of the Conservative Party and never have been.
I knew you’d say that, your a slippery one I’ll give you that, so, LibDem then? Greens? Other? that’s it, Other.
I’m a life long labour voter who may well vote LibDem next time because Labour has been hijacked by wannabe something or otherists

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
07 Oct 19

@divegeester said
Do you still also maintain that in a General Election the Brexit Party will not gain a single seat?
Yes, unless the Conservatives choose not to contest it.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
07 Oct 19

@kevcvs57 said
Bercow to one side there are plenty of grand dames and dukes on the back benches who could play the disinterested caretaker for the short period involved, but no, Jeremy sees an opportunity for getting his ass in the big chair and literally nothing else.
Yes. Corbyn is a dick. If Labour fail to endorse a caretaker PM that will
pee off many moderate Labour supporters. Where do they go, though?
The next election will be a free-for-all. FPTP will ensure it's unpredictable.

A

RSA

Moves
07 Oct 19

@wolfgang59 said
Really ... does everything have to be explained so simply to you?

I was commenting on the fact that at 33-1 it looks like a reasonable bet.
I'm not taking evens!
If you're content with a 2.94% chance of winning, be my guest.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
07 Oct 19

@ashiitaka said
If you're content with a 2.94% chance of winning, be my guest.
What odds would you suggest are fair?

A

RSA

Moves
07 Oct 19
1 edit

@wolfgang59 said
Well, there's a difference between odds that fairly reflect John Bercow's chances of becoming Prime Minister and what I would consider reasonable in terms of what I would wager on. Odds of 33/1 against winning would be considered very long by most people. This is expressed in a low probability (0.0294).

Personally, I wouldn't wager anything more than a paltry sum on that outcome unless I had insider information.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
07 Oct 19

@ashiitaka said
Well, there's a difference between odds that fairly reflect John Bercow's chances of becoming Prime Minister and what I would consider reasonable in terms of what I would wager on. Odds of 33/1 against winning would be considered very long by most people. This is expressed in a low probability (0.0294).

Personally, I wouldn't wager anything more than a paltry sum on that outcome unless I had insider information.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
07 Oct 19

@wolfgang59 said
I already offered even money, can't get fairer than that.

Moves
07 Oct 19
1 edit

@kevcvs57 said
I knew you’d say that, your a slippery one I’ll give you that, so, LibDem then? Greens? Other? that’s it, Other.
I’ll add “slippery” to the list of unpleasant adjectives thrown at me then. As I have said many times in this forum, I am a floating voter. I’ve voted Labour multiple times, LibDem once, Conservative multiple times and UKIP multiple times.
In future I will vote Brexit Party every single time until Brexit is done or the party dissolves.

Moves
07 Oct 19

@wolfgang59 said
Yes. Corbyn is a dick. If Labour fail to endorse a caretaker PM that will
pee off many moderate Labour supporters. Where do they go, though?
The next election will be a free-for-all. FPTP will ensure it's unpredictable.
Do you still adamantly maintain that in the next General Election the Brexit Party will not gain a single seat?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
07 Oct 19

@divegeester said
I’ll add “slippery” to the list of unpleasant adjectives thrown at me then. As I have said many times in this forum, I am a floating voter. I’ve voted Labour multiple times, LibDem once, Conservative multiple times and UKIP multiple times.
In future I will vote Brexit Party every single time until Brexit is done or the party dissolves.
Yeah why not. Bonus Brexiteer victimhood points.
Your welcome.

Moves
07 Oct 19

@kevcvs57 said
Yeah why not. Bonus Brexiteer victimhood points.
Your welcome.
What’s next, pulling my hair?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
07 Oct 19

@divegeester said
What’s next, pulling my hair?
I don’t know, you choose, your the victim here.