1. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    21 Aug '20 10:36
    "Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny, a fierce critic of President Vladimir Putin, was in a coma in a Siberian hospital on Thursday after drinking a cup of tea that his spokeswoman said she believed was laced with poison. The deputy chief physician at the hospital in Omsk, Russia where Navalny is in intensive care, told reporters there was 'no certainty that the cause of his condition is poisoning.'”

YouTube - "Global News"

Now this:

Russian doctors say leading opposition figure Alexei Navalny remains too ill to be transferred to Germany for treatment after a possible poisoning.

Mr Navalny has been in a coma since Thursday when he fell ill on a flight and his supporters called the doctors' decision "a direct threat to his life".

They have cited a report of "a deadly substance", dangerous not only to Mr Navalny but to all around him.

However, a doctor now says "no poisons have been detected" by the tests.

Mr Navalny is a prominent critic of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

His team suspects a poisonous substance was put in his tea at an airport cafe.

Activists in Germany have sent a plane to bring Mr Navalny to Berlin for treatment.

The head doctor at the hospital in Siberia where he is being treated said Mr Navalny's condition had improved a little, but that he was still unstable. Alexander Murakhovsky said legal questions would need to be resolved before Mr Navalny could be moved.

But Mr Navalny's team said it was "deadly" for him to remain in the hospital.

"The ban on the transportation of Navalny is an attempt on his life, which is being made right now by doctors and the deceitful authorities who sanctioned it," Mr Navalny's spokeswoman Kira Yarmysh wrote on Twitter.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53857563

This is one of the ways autocracies maintain themselves. Thankfully, Donald Trump has not yet learned to employ such murderous methods. I guess his innate stupidity is not without benefit.
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    21 Aug '20 11:09
    @wolfe63 said
    "Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny, a fierce critic of President Vladimir Putin, was in a coma in a Siberian hospital on Thursday after drinking a cup of tea that his spokeswoman said she believed was laced with poison. The deputy chief physician at the hospital in Omsk, Russia where Navalny is in intensive care, told reporters there was 'no certainty that the caus ...[text shortened]... t learned to employ such murderous methods. I guess his innate stupidity is not without benefit.[/i]
    The really annoying thing about that regime is the blatant nature of what they do and the nudge nudge wink wink denials. I expect metal Brain will be along soon to accuse Gates and Kissinger of the crime.
  3. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    21 Aug '20 13:41
    Body language.

Just watch and see if Putin is outraged and vows to get to the bottom of it.
    Ain't happening. Never did with prior poisonings and all the journalists
    that were killed.

In my world, Putin and his regime are guilty. And this sucks.
  4. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    02 Sep '20 16:072 edits
    In an update:

Germany has evidence Putin critic Navalny was poisoned with Novichok

BERLIN, Sept 2 (Reuters) - A critic of Russian President Vladmir Putin now in a coma and being treated in a Berlin hospital was poisoned with a nerve agent of the Novichok family, a German government spokesman said on Wednesday.

Toxology tests of blood samples from Alexei Navalny conducted at a German military laboratory produced "unequivocal evidence" that the Russian opposition critic had been poisoned with Novichok, Steffen Seibert said in an emailed statement.

Shocking... NOT!

No wonder why a spokesman from the Russian Attorney General's office said
    there was no need to open an investigation! "Just low blood sugar, he'll be fine!"

Putin is a piece of you-know-what

https://news.trust.org/item/20200902130810-fo6ui
  5. Standard membere4e5f4d5
    Falkbeer
    Moves
    02 Sep '20 17:511 edit
    Oh stop,
    He's not that bad.
    Probably a lot of fun to hang out with too.

Russian ladies 🥰 for me!
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    02 Sep '20 20:55
    @e4e5f4d5 said
    Oh stop,
    He's not that bad.
    Probably a lot of fun to hang out with too.

Russian ladies 🥰 for me!
    Russian people are cool, I agree.

But man, it looks like they need to do another revolution. Putin is the WORST.
  7. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    02 Sep '20 21:03
    They could restart a "Pussy Riot". 😁
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Sep '20 15:14

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Sep '20 15:45
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    And not a word of condemnation from Trump. Germany's Merkel has condemned it in press conference but Trump, ZERO.
    Just one more indication of the hold Putin has over Trump.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Sep '20 17:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    03 Sep '20 17:42
    @sonhouse said
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    And not a word of condemnation from Trump. Germany's Merkel has condemned it in press conference but Trump, ZERO.
    Just one more indication of the hold Putin has over Trump.
    Not exactly a shutout from the white house. There is this:

O'Brien's comments came as Navalny fights for his life in a hospital in the Siberian city of Omsk as efforts to evacuate him to Germany are under way.

"He's a very courageous man. He is a very courageous politician to have stood up to (Russian President Vladimir) Putin inside Russia, and our thoughts and our prayers are with him and his family," O'Brien said in an interview on Fox News.

"It's extraordinarily concerning and if the Russians were behind this...it's something that we're going to factor into how we deal with the Russians going forward," he said.

But yes, Trump himself should be outspoken on this.

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-s-navalny-being-treated-for-suspected-poisoning-spokeswoman-says/30793191.html
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Sep '20 18:17
    @Duchess64
    Fantasize? More like PLANNING since Putin is his mentor.
  13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    03 Sep '20 23:18
    @sonhouse said
    @Duchess64
    Fantasize? More like PLANNING since Putin is his mentor.
    Meanwhile, Former DNC worker, Seth Rich, was murdered by two hitmen.

[whistles]
  14. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    04 Sep '20 11:03
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Meanwhile, Former DNC worker, Seth Rich, was murdered by two hitmen.

[whistles]
    Once again you're propagating another "conspiracy theory". This is something selectively done by desperate conservatives when convenient.
    In fact, no such evidence of an assassination or of "hitmen" exists.
    The area of Seth's demise is well-known to be infested with armed thugs committing robbery. Just as likely, he resisted a robbery and paid with his life.

But, as someone who probably thinks that Vince Foster was "whacked" by the Clintons and that John F. Kennedy was assassinated by a lone gunman: You know your narrative and you're sticking to it. You're locked-in.

Am I right?
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '20 13:57
    @wolfe63 said
    Once again you're propagating another "conspiracy theory". This is something selectively done by desperate conservatives when convenient.
    In fact, no such evidence of an assassination or of "hitmen" exists.
    The area of Seth's demise is well-known to be infested with armed thugs committing robbery. Just as likely, he resisted a robbery and paid with his life.

But, as some ...[text shortened]... y a lone gunman: You know your narrative and you're sticking to it. You're locked-in.

Am I right?
    incompetent robbers? they forgot to take his money

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree