Worse tune of all time

Worse tune of all time

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZellulΓ€rer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
23 Mar 09

Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
I'm not even a hipster and I think The Shaggs are good for ironic reasons.
Good song title, "I'm not even a hipster".

d

Moves
23 Mar 09

I'm not even a hipster and I think The Shaggs are good for ironic reasons.
Ha! Of course, this begs the question would want to a listen to a song for ironic purposes and how long does that pleasure last? Sounds like too much work to me. πŸ˜‰

d

Moves
23 Mar 09
1 edit

Speaking of irony, I saw Leslie and the LYs perform their interesting brand of art on Saturday. It was probably one of more entertaining shows I saw this year.

Three wihte rapper girls from Iowa dressed in gem sweaters, spandex and terrible mom-jean-motif doing a one-hour stage show which included headsets, laughable dance routines, lycra-hugged gyrating flab, impromptu manual lazy susans, and makeshift trapezes all doaked in hipster irony. I was afraid to like it, but I did.

Song that still lingers: "Blame the Booty (Fast Version)", whereupon Lesie got onto the Lazy Susan and had her companions spin her manually while she clenched her heaving buttocks in and out.

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
23 Mar 09

Originally posted by darvlay
Ha! Of course, this begs the question would want to a listen to a song for ironic purposes and how long does that pleasure last? Sounds like too much work to me. πŸ˜‰
Stuff can grow on you though. We talked about Wesley Willis before, and he's a good example. I think I first listened to him "ironically", but now I can, for instance, appreciate the part of "Suck A Caribou's Ass" where he sings almost tunefully πŸ˜‰.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
23 Mar 09

False. If "MF18M" is minimalistic, then not everyone hates it, because I do not.
OK, everyone normal. Everyone sane.

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
23 Mar 09

Originally posted by scherzo
Interesting. So far, the abnormal and insane category contains me, Noodles, Bosse and RB, while a person who is being belligerent about a question of musical taste has is, at least, not precluded from the normal and sane crowd by attitudes toward Steve Reich's music. Have I got that right πŸ™„?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
23 Mar 09

Originally posted by scherzo
That normality equals sanity is a common mistake.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
24 Mar 09

Interesting. So far, the abnormal and insane category contains me, Noodles, Bosse and RB, while a person who is being belligerent about a question of musical taste has is, at least, not precluded from the normal and sane crowd by attitudes toward Steve Reich's music. Have I got that right πŸ™„?
Yeah, that's about right.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
24 Mar 09

Originally posted by Palynka
That normality equals sanity is a common mistake.
True, but Steve Reich? Steve Reich proves that anyone can slap a piece of junk with the label "music" and actually have it published!

S

Moves
24 Mar 09
1 edit

Put me down for abnormal too. I had Different Trains at college and strangely first listened to it the day before Little Fluffy Clouds by the Orb came out, within which it is sampled.

There's something Bachian about his approach to repetition which I find frustrating and desirable in equal measure. A kind of pregnant pause overriding any locomotion. This reminds me of a discussion we once had about cannons, on the back of GEB and it didn't occur to me then, but Different Trains has a lot of those qualities.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
24 Mar 09

Originally posted by Starrman
Put me down for abnormal too. I had Different Trains at college and strangely first listened to it the day before Little Fluffy Clouds by the Orb came out, within which it is sampled.

There's something Bachian about his approach to repetition which I find frustrating and desirable in equal measure. A kind of pregnant pause overriding any locomotion. T ...[text shortened]... back of GEB and it didn't occur to me then, but Different Trains has a lot of those qualities.
Ugh.

F

Moves
24 Mar 09

Steve Reich is brilliant and so are his tunes.
18 Musicians is iconic, deservedly so, although Desert Music is probably my favourite. The Cave was a major disappointment. Abyssmal in fact.

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
24 Mar 09

Originally posted by Starrman

There's something Bachian about his approach to repetition which I find frustrating and desirable in equal measure. A kind of pregnant pause overriding any locomotion. T ...[text shortened]... back of GEB and it didn't occur to me then, but Different Trains has a lot of those qualities.
I agree with the Bachiosity you speak of. Speaking of canons, I've been writing one lately (because I am giving my flatmate piano lessons). I was planning on trying to rearrange it for guitar once I am reunited with mine. If I do, I shall send you TABZ.

I perhaps need to find Little Fluffy Clouds?

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
24 Mar 09

Originally posted by FMF
18 Musicians is iconic, deservedly so, although Desert Music is probably my favourite. The Cave was a major disappointment. Abyssmal in fact.
I wonder what scherzo has to say about puns.

S

Moves
24 Mar 09

I agree with the Bachiosity you speak of. Speaking of canons, I've been writing one lately (because I am giving my flatmate piano lessons). I was planning on trying to rearrange it for guitar once I am reunited with mine. If I do, I shall send you TABZ.

I perhaps need to find Little Fluffy Clouds?
Indeed you do! It has a lovely voice over which is taken from an interview with Ricky Lee Jones and, upon mixing with inebriants, may lead to great periods of dream filled slumber.