Worse tune of all time

Worse tune of all time

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g

Pepperland

Moves
10 Mar 09

Originally posted by dystoniac
"Today Is Your Birthday", by the Beatles
True, their songs were usually great, but ''birthday'' is really a crappy song, probably their worst.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Mar 09

Originally posted by Badwater
I like a lot of Billy Joel songs. Piano Man, however, is sophomoric and self indulgent, with an inane melody line and lyrics that can only be described as being written during spasms of narcolepsy. It is the great fortune of society at large that one is highly unlikely to encounter it on classic 70's radio any longer. Were it not for the British National Anthem I would be stridently pushing this as worst song ever.
Other than that, it's an ok song, right?"😉
Anyway the post was the worse TUNE. A song is a TUNE with words. So the UK anthem beats out Piano Man on those grounds alone.
BTW, have you heard Jelly Bowl, er Billy Joel's 'classical piano compositions?' Your description souds like it could be talking about them too. Totally derivative, like he took bits of Mozart and Chopin and such and jumbled them up in a mixer and arranged them like those magnetic letters for poetry some people put up on their refrigerator. Have you listened to the CD I am talking about?

rc

Moves
13 Mar 09
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Other than that, it's an ok song, right?"😉
Anyway the post was the worse TUNE. A song is a TUNE with words. So the UK anthem beats out Piano Man on those grounds alone.
BTW, have you heard Jelly Bowl, er Billy Joel's 'classical piano compositions?' Your description souds like it could be talking about them too. Totally derivative, like he took bits of ...[text shortened]... y some people put up on their refrigerator. Have you listened to the CD I am talking about?
you guys will notice verse six of the 'British' national anthem (in actuality its the English national anthem, they sing it at rugby matches etc, we have our own, The Flower of Scotland), which is why we Scots can never accept it, NEVER!

Lord grant that Marshal Wade
May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
And like a torrent rush,
Rebellious Scots to crush.
God save the Queen!

g

Pepperland

Moves
15 Mar 09

"Coming up" by paul mccartney.

...truly revolting.

H
Finish Him!!!

Chess Club HQ

Moves
15 Mar 09
2 edits

Originally posted by Badwater
I like a lot of Billy Joel songs. Piano Man, however, is sophomoric and self indulgent, with an inane melody line and lyrics that can only be described as being written during spasms of narcolepsy. It is the great fortune of society at large that one is highly unlikely to encounter it on classic 70's radio any longer. Were it not for the British National Anthem I would be stridently pushing this as worst song ever.
If you think Piano Man qualifies as the worst tune of all time then perhaps you have not heard enough of the absolute drivel that passes for melodies. Have you heard Agadoo? Tell me that the Birdie song is better....

🙂

Moves
15 Mar 09

I was going for more of the time-honored, classic horrors. Unknown drivel propigates in abundance, and there is nothing unique in the vast quantities of unknown badness.

Also, "tune" could be taken as song, melody, or jingle - nearly all manefestations would be interchangable with the word. 😉

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
17 Mar 09

Originally posted by generalissimo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO6w9T1YzgE

...truly revolting.
Eeeeewwww

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
17 Mar 09

Mustang Sally
The Boys Are Back In Town
Desperado
On The Wings Of Love

D

Moves
18 Mar 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
...truly revolting.
If you want some Macca in this category then it's hard to beat either the Frog Chorus (what was he thinking?) or Silly Love Songs.

But there are so many awful 'novelty' songs around that surely one of them must win! Crazy Frog, anyone?

The Stereophonics deserve a special mention too. 'Have a nice day', with its repetitious, whiny chorus has got to be in the running (yep - I really will be having a nice day ... when you've stopped "singing" about it).

V
Caro-Kann Lover

Rishon-le-Zion

Moves
19 Mar 09

Macarena

g

Pepperland

Moves
19 Mar 09

Originally posted by Vovochka
Macarena
Come on!

Macarena is a great tune, it doesn't deserve to be here.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
20 Mar 09

Anything by Steve Reich.

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
20 Mar 09

Anything by Tiny Tim:

GRANNY.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
20 Mar 09

Originally posted by smw6869
Anything by Tiny Tim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skU-jBFzXl0

GRANNY.
Gotta love his version of 'Do you think I'm sexy' ...
&feature=related

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
20 Mar 09

Originally posted by scherzo
Anything by Steve Reich.
Steve Reich is brilliant and so are his tunes.