1. SubscriberBenjamin Barker
    Demon Barber
    Fleet Street
    Moves
    28 Nov '22 09:25
    I made a short film inspired by the Powell and Pressburger classic "The Red Shoes" that is currently playing on FilmHaus Berlin, home of experimental, innovative and cult-underground films.

It's called "Òran na h-Eala" and it celebrates the original film but also shines a light on the uncanny parallels between Moira Shearer and her tragic alter ego Victoria Page. Revealing a complex and defiant young woman who ultimately chose life over fame.

The film is playing for free now until the close of play Tuesday 29 November.

https://bit.ly/orannaheala_filmhaus
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    30 Nov '22 04:22
    @benjamin-barker said
    I made a short film inspired by the Powell and Pressburger classic "The Red Shoes" that is currently playing on FilmHaus Berlin, home of experimental, innovative and cult-underground films.

It's called "Òran na h-Eala" and it celebrates the original film but also shines a light on the uncanny parallels between Moira Shearer and her tragic alter ego Victoria Page. R ...[text shortened]... ing for free now until the close of play Tuesday 29 November.

https://bit.ly/orannaheala_filmhaus
    This looks interesting. Experimental, innovative and cult-underground films are how most of todays most respected filmmakers started.
  3. SubscriberBenjamin Barker
    Demon Barber
    Fleet Street
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 17:50
    @mchill Did you watch it? The link appears to still be working so catch it while you can!
  4. SubscriberBenjamin Barker
    Demon Barber
    Fleet Street
    Moves
    02 Dec '22 07:33

Removed by poster

5. SubscriberBenjamin Barker
    Demon Barber
    Fleet Street
    Moves
    03 Dec '22 06:27
    "The Red Shoes" celebrates its 75th Anniversary next year and was still in the BFI's list of top 100 hundred films that was published this week.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree