RHP Music Tournament III

RHP Music Tournament III

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N

The sky

Moves
13 Apr 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
What do you think the catagories should be? I'm pretty sure I'd agree.

One thing for sure, there shouldn't be any covers in 'best lyrics'.

P-
I would be fine with the categories we had last time, maybe with some slight modifications or clarifications:

Best Instrumental Track

Best Vocal Track

Best Computer Track

Best Cover (I think I would exclude classical and jazz here to make it more fair; depending on how many classical or jazz contributions there are, those categories could be added)

Best Original Composition/Arrangement (I agree with gregsflat about taking out "Arrangement" here)

Best Lyrics (that should only be lyrics written by the entrant xymself in my opinion)

Best Musician (Solo) (here I disagree with gregsflat; I don't think this should only be for solo performances, but anything soloistic even if there were others contributing to the piece. Like in the lyrics category, the musician in question would have to be the entrant)

Best Group

Best Overall Submission

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Apr 08

Originally posted by Nordlys
I would be fine with the categories we had last time, maybe with some slight modifications or clarifications:

Best Instrumental Track

Best Vocal Track

Best Computer Track

Best Cover (I think I would exclude classical and jazz here to make it more fair; depending on how many classical or jazz contributions there are, those categories could be adde ...[text shortened]... musician in question would have to be the entrant)

Best Group

Best Overall Submission
I do see each contest gets better musicians involved, and I for one can't wait to hear Nordlys's newest entry!

Guitarist

@William Penn's gaze

Moves
13 Apr 08

Best Musician (Solo) (here I disagree with gregsflat; I don't think this should only be for solo performances, but anything soloistic even if there were others contributing to the piece. Like in the lyrics category, the musician in question would have to be the entrant)
Nordlys, as usual, thanks for your clear thought process, it's just that last year I submitted two guitar solos, with accompaniment that I felt were overlooked because of the way people voted in that category. The only successful votes were for solo instrumentation.

Guitarist

@William Penn's gaze

Moves
13 Apr 08

You know ..... whoever is in charge of this, you are God. Lay it out as you see it, I will comply as best I can. You job is hard enough and beyond the call. Part of winning this contest should be the responsibility to run it the following year.

eo

the highway to hell

Moves
13 Apr 08

is the prize money worth the hassle?

S

Moves
13 Apr 08

Can I get a category for 'tried hard but really isn't very good'?

I've just finished my cover and I have come to the grim realisation that my guitar playing is getting worse than my singing 😞

In your face

Moves
13 Apr 08

Best Instrumental Track

Best Vocal Track

Best Computer Track

Best Cover (I think I would exclude classical and jazz here to make it more fair; depending on how many classical or jazz contributions there are, those categories could be adde ...[text shortened]... musician in question would have to be the entrant)

Best Group

Best Overall Submission
This seems to be the general consensus. I did want to make my own mark on the whole thing but I'm slowlty starting to think 'If something works, why fix it?'.

Illinois

Moves
13 Apr 08

Originally posted by jimslyp69
This seems to be the general consensus. I did want to make my own mark on the whole thing but I'm slowlty starting to think 'If something works, why fix it?'.
Yes, build upon the sepulcher of the past - that's what it's there for.

N

The sky

Moves
13 Apr 08

Originally posted by jimslyp69
You can still add a "tried hard but really isn't very good" category for Starrman.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
13 Apr 08

Originally posted by Starrman
Can I get a category for 'tried hard but really isn't very good'?

I've just finished my cover and I have come to the grim realisation that my guitar playing is getting worse than my singing 😞
You out of practice... or stop listening to my songs?

P-

S

Moves
13 Apr 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
You out of practice... or stop listening to my songs?

P-
I've managed to create a new genre. Somehow I've condensed apathy into a musical process, I can feel the millions of quatloots flooding in now.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
14 Apr 08

You can still add a "tried hard but really isn't very good" category for Starrman.
Phht! I'd crush in that catagory!

P-

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
14 Apr 08

I've managed to create a new genre. Somehow I've condensed apathy into a musical process, I can feel the millions of quatloots flooding in now.
We LOVE quatloots!

P-

N

The sky

Moves
14 Apr 08

Hm, sounds like something to include in my workshop about inertia and action in music, apathy being closely related to inertia.

In your face

Moves
16 Apr 08

Blimp!