New clan in town

New clan in town

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
30 Jan 16

Originally posted by shortcircuit
....and robbie is a dick's name
and you probably wish you had one

m

Moves
30 Jan 16

Originally posted by lemondrop
and you probably wish you had one
There's nothing like being insulted by a lemon. 😴

Play while you can!

Moves
30 Jan 16

Play while you can!

Moves
30 Jan 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Isn't Cary a chicks name?
You must be simple. If that's the case, I apologize. That would answer the question of why you have the maturity level of a pile of road apples

rc

Moves
30 Jan 16

Originally posted by carystover
You must be simple. If that's the case, I apologize. That would answer the question of why you have the maturity level of a pile of road apples
Dude you look like a lady!

Moves
31 Jan 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Isn't Cary a chicks name?
Think Grant, Robbie. 😀

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
31 Jan 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Have you ever felt like you were meant for greater things, but everywhere you look, people are mean and nasty, just using other people, stomping on others just to get ahead? Since when did words like honesty, fairness, or integrity mean so little? Tired of trying to keep up with the cheaters and the users? Want to help keep the meaning of fair play aliv ...[text shortened]... t to "fit in" with the others.

And you know what that means.

The Misfits
Clan 25434
Good luck with your recruitment drive.
Send me a challenge when you have some compatible players bearing in mind that I consider all challenges historically and not just on current rating.
Clan 24514

rc

Moves
31 Jan 16

Originally posted by Startreader
Think Grant, Robbie. 😀
His real name was a dudes name, Archibald Alexander Leach, not a chicks name.😛

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Feb 16

Originally posted by venda
Good luck with your recruitment drive.
Send me a challenge when you have some compatible players bearing in mind that I consider all challenges historically and not just on current rating.
Clan 24514
We gotta get to the point where we can issue challenges first.

I'm just surprised we're not getting more people wanting in after what I wrote here.

Perhaps the pool has had people peeing in it for far too long already.

Do people really prefer wins over honor? I'm offering an alternative here.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
01 Feb 16

We gotta get to the point where we can issue challenges first.

I'm just surprised we're not getting more people wanting in after what I wrote here.

Perhaps the pool has had people peeing in it for far too long already.

Do people really prefer wins over honor? I'm offering an alternative here.
I'm not surprised.
A lot of people just don't read the forums.
If you regularly look on the forums you must know it's the same people who post over and over.
The best way to get recruits is to ask people you are playing in games if they're interested in joining a clan.
I suspect you'll not get a lot of positive response but good luck.

Moves
01 Feb 16

I'm not surprised.
A lot of people just don't read the forums.
If you regularly look on the forums you must know it's the same people who post over and over.
The best way to get recruits is to ask people you are playing in games if they're interested in joining a clan.
I suspect you'll not get a lot of positive response but good luck.
And that's where, the forums, she got me to join, actually this one. 😉

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
01 Feb 16

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
And that's where, the forums, she got me to join, actually this one. 😉
That's good Steve.
But you're a regular forum visitor.
Hundreds or more never bother.
Bit like wolfie really.
It's always the same players with the odd exception

Senecio Jacobaea

Yorkshire

Moves
01 Feb 16

That's good Steve.
But you're a regular forum visitor.
Hundreds or more never bother.
Bit like wolfie really.
It's always the same players with the odd exception
I reckon that RHP's clan challenge system is an almost unique offer in the server chess world. From the clan members point of view it should offer games with players about the same strength so that they are unlikely to be beaten horribly or win too easily. I think players, myself included, have often become disillusioned when they are constantly given games where the odds, however subtly, are always slightly in their favour. When the punch and judy show in the forum continues to drive the narrative it's no wonder that people drift away from what should be a good alternative to the tournament format. If @Suzianne is able to deliver matches with players a little stronger as well as a little weaker she will have my support as leader.

As far as recruiting goes there are a number of clans who have faded or whose leaders have wandered away from the site. Take the SKEPTICS for example Clan 24310 Their leader Richard Laura (hope he is alright BTW) has not moved in nearly a year yet there are still 12 other players in the clan who may be potential recruits.

Clan leader gone AWOL? Looking for a challenge rather than a whitewash? Try The Misfits Clan 25434

rc

Moves
01 Feb 16

Originally posted by Ragwort
I reckon that RHP's clan challenge system is an almost unique offer in the server chess world. From the clan members point of view it should offer games with players about the same strength so that they are unlikely to be beaten horribly or win too easily. I think players, myself included, have often become disillusioned when they are constantly given games ...[text shortened]... der gone AWOL? Looking for a challenge rather than a whitewash? Try The Misfits Clan 25434
I gave you a chance to reside safe in valours glory and you join a fluff and pillow stuffing outfit? The misfits whose avatar looks like a quilt making factory? You who once held immortality in the palm of his hand as an Easy Rider? I can only conclude that its sorcery and you have been bewitched!😛

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
01 Feb 16

Have you ever felt like you were meant for greater things, but everywhere you look, people are mean and nasty, just using other people, stomping on others just to get ahead? Since when did words like honesty, fairness, or integrity mean so little? Tired of trying to keep up with the cheaters and the users? Want to help keep the meaning of fair play aliv ...[text shortened]... t to "fit in" with the others.

And you know what that means.

The Misfits
Clan 25434
a clan of integrity, honor and fairness should be led by one with those qualities
I just don't see it
we will see when she gets the nerve to challenge