1. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 21:18
    This follows on a bit from my last thred, but we need to try get a bit of momentum on this one.

I've just been setting upchallenges, bumped into Fight Club who have some pretty resonable players, and nothing is happening becasue the leader has gone zzzzzz

We need a safeguard.

1) A sleeping leader is automatically deposed and the leadership goes to the next clan member who has played the most games for the clan

2) Where a clan leader ceases to be a subscribed member there is a 7 day grace period and then the leadership passes to the guy that has played the most clan games.

What say you good people?
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 22:10
    @medullah
    In theory yes, but in reality it won't work.
    First because most players don't want any part of running a clan.
    Second, it takes a while to learn how the controls work on running a clan, and if someone wasn't there to help you figure it out, it can cause more harm than good.

Following your idea, perhaps if each team had a clan member in waiting who would be willing to run the clan if the leader went AWOL or was incapacitated, that might work. They would have to notify Russ so he could make the switch.
  3. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 00:41
    Nice idea, so we would have to have a nominated second then it may work?
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 07:20
    Several Clans went defunct when their leader got lost or stepped down. Ofetn you don't have the deputy. Probably the number of clans will go down furher is a second in command is required.

People can send feedback and take over leadership. So if people in the clan don't stir, it is probably because they don't want clan games so dearly that they would take up the reigns.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 19:16
    @medullah said
    This follows on a bit from my last thred, but we need to try get a bit of momentum on this one.

I've just been setting upchallenges, bumped into Fight Club who have some pretty resonable players, and nothing is happening becasue the leader has gone zzzzzz

We need a safeguard.

1) A sleeping leader is automatically deposed and the leadership goes to the next clan memb ...[text shortened]... n the leadership passes to the guy that has played the most clan games.

What say you good people?
    @medullah,
    As shortcircuit said will not work because of the reasons he gave.

I was thinking what if everybody left decided on who would want to lead them if anyone. If someone is found then Feedback could be sent to Russ (Site admim).

I believe as a rule a club/clan Leader would try and find a replacement before leaving if able to do so.

-VR
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 19:18
    @ponderable said
    Several Clans went defunct when their leader got lost or stepped down. Ofetn you don't have the deputy. Probably the number of clans will go down furher is a second in command is required.

People can send feedback and take over leadership. So if people in the clan don't stir, it is probably because they don't want clan games so dearly that they would take up the reigns.
    Not to mention taking over a clan can be a big headache.

-VR
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 19:23
    In the case of an absentee clan leader, any active player can send feedback and request leadership. In most cases, the switch will be made after a reasonable amount of time.
  8. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    02 Feb '23 20:12
    @Russ

Please define reasonable ?
  9. Subscribercarystover
    Play while you can!
    Moves
    03 Feb '23 00:47
    @russ said
    In the case of an absentee clan leader, any active player can send feedback and request leadership. In most cases, the switch will be made after a reasonable amount of time.
    THE GRAND POOBAH SPEAKS!
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Feb '23 10:24
    @medullah

After 30 days of no activity, I would consider an account abandoned in most cases.
  11. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    03 Feb '23 14:35
    @shortcircuit said
    @medullah
    In theory yes, but in reality it won't work.
    Second, it takes a while to learn how the controls work on running a clan, and if someone wasn't there to help you figure it out, it can cause more harm than good.

Following your idea, perhaps if each team had a clan member in waiting who would b ...[text shortened]... L or was incapacitated, that might work. They would have to notify Russ so he could make the switch.
    Correct Fred
    I took over the Laikers because the previous leader wanted to leave,there was no one else,and It was something I thought I'd like to have a go at.I enjoyed it for a number of years but finding the challenges became a chore.64 squares took over and after 5 years or so simply didn't have the time.We struggled to find a new leader until Pete's thread when an outsider took it on.
    The clan forum can be a good guide to a clan members commitment.If there's little activity on there it suggests all the members are bothered about is having games found for them to play
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Feb '23 23:23
    @russ said
    @medullah

After 30 days of no activity, I would consider an account abandoned in most cases.
    Since we have actually had this happen here twice, if the clan leader dies, the clan is screwed for a month? Since you have the controls, why would it be such a problem (if an alternate leader was named) to swap them after a week. If the clan leader returned, He/she could message the acting leader to swap back, and you wouldn't have to get involved. Just a thought. None of us are getting any younger you know!!
  13. Victor, New York
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 00:03
    @shortcircuit I think you’re expanding on Russ’s answer. I would think that if Russ knew the leader had died, he wouldn’t wait. Also, if there was a way to designate a substitute leader then the time could be shorter. I think the question he was asked was how long would he wait for an inactive leader. 30 days seems reasonable. Death and a designated replacement weren’t part of the original parameters.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree