Random colour option added to New Game page

Random colour option added to New Game page

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Site Admin

Wimbledon

Moves
08 Nov 06

Take your chances.

Moves
10 Nov 06

R
On a wave

Cornwall

Moves
10 Nov 06

Russ, lets go the whole hog......not just random colour but also random, timebanks, random moves, hey lets just throw the cards in the air and let them fall where they may, kinda like a wild card game where if you dare you press the detonate button and whatever comes your way , whatever the rules you play! for the ones who still search for the first time!

D

Moves
11 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Chris
Take your chances.
Very good idea. Thanks for another fine addition to a great site.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
11 Nov 06

Umm, shouldn't the colour remain random till someone accepts it? The accepting player can see what colour they will be before the game starts which sort of defeats the point, doesn't it?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Nov 06

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
Umm, shouldn't the colour remain random till someone accepts it? The accepting player can see what colour they will be before the game starts which sort of defeats the point, doesn't it?
agree, it's only random for one player in the open invites section, just tried it out. Can't it be random for both players?

TM

Moves
12 Nov 06

Originally posted by RONOC
Russ, lets go the whole hog......not just random colour but also random, timebanks, random moves, hey lets just throw the cards in the air and let them fall where they may, kinda like a wild card game where if you dare you press the detonate button and whatever comes your way , whatever the rules you play! for the ones who still search for the first time!
I like this idea. I agree with it. I second it.

Moves
12 Nov 06

Have a rec. Agreed that it ought to be random until accepted.

Not at all keen on the other idea presented here, but if it were possible to chose between random colour and random everything, I would not mind someone else having the choice. I will just avoid those games. I would say that the same arguement applies to this option though - random until accepted.

Gezza

H

Moves
15 Nov 06

Thanks for the random button, but I think that when a player views the game invitation, the color should say random, and not B or W. Thanks

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
16 Nov 06

How random can you get, you are either going to play black or white.

I just don't see the point in this additional option myself.

😕🙄

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
16 Nov 06

Seems to me like drawing pawns to determine who goes first, Works for me.

M

Winnipeg

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by Chris
Take your chances.
It's nice that you're thinking about ways to improve the site, but it seems like a pretty useless feature to me. What RHP really needs is a conditional move feature, user created tourneys would be nice, and when starting new games, the ability to start games (or invites) in pairs, ie; wh. & bl. each.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by MerchantParkPro
It's nice that you're thinking about ways to improve the site, but it seems like a pretty useless feature to me. What RHP really needs is a conditional move feature, user created tourneys would be nice, and when starting new games, the ability to start games (or invites) in pairs, ie; wh. & bl. each.
Most of which are available on a rival site which is often berated on here.

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
17 Nov 06

Good point. Plus, I just sent a player a game and used the "random" option. I told him that I chose the random option (and didn't choose my favorite color), but he really just has to take my word for it. There's no indication anywhere that it's actually random.

d

Moves
17 Nov 06

yeah, random color should be random for the person accepting too. Actually, I think ALL rated games should have random color choices.